cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot boot pass splash screen

wvlucas
Level 7
System will not boot pass splash screen. Several attempts were made to boot to the OS. When booting the system, the process stalls on the ROG splash screen with the lower option press DEL or F2 to access the BIOS. Even the F2 or DEL key will not allow access to the BIOS. The system has stalled and will not function at this point. The only way to actually to get the system to boot again is either pressing reset button or pulling the plug. Can you advise what needs to be done to correct the boot to the OS? Thank you.

System info:
Motherboard: ASUS RAMPAGE V EXTREME, Extended ATX x99 Motherboard , LGA 2011-V3 Socket, DDR4 3300Mhz+(OC)
CPU: Intel Core i7-5960X Haswell-E 8-Core 3.0GHz LGA 2011-v3 Processor
GPU: EVGA GTX 980 SC ACX 2.0 GDDR5 Graphics Card
Memory: DDR4 - 8 X 8GB Corsair DOMINATOR Platinum Series 64GB P/N: CMD64GX4M8A2400C14
Drv SSD: 2 X Intel 750 Series SSDPEDMW400G4R5 HHHL (CEM2.0) 400GB
Drv HDD: 6 X Seagate 6TB Desktop HDD (STBD6000100)
O/S: Windows 8.1 Pro 64bit (non-OEM)
O/S: Windows 10 Pro 64 (upgraded from above listed O/S)
5 REPLIES 5

Chino
Level 15
What QCODE do you see on the DEBUG LED when your system halts? Also look beside the 24 pin power connector and see if any of the QLEDs remain lit as well.

wvlucas
Level 7
Chino, when the system halts, the DEBUG LED displays "A2" (IDE Detected).

About the 24 pin power connector, the only LED observed during and after system powers up is only the GREEN LED and it stays on solid. From what I can see, no other LEDs except an amber lamp is lit solid just left of the PCIe x16 Lane switch. The amber lamp is mounted into the motherboard. If memory serves, I do not remember seeing this amber lamp before. Is that an indictor of a fault?

Chino
Level 15
There are 4 QLEDs. It is normal for them to light up during post. If there is an error involving the CPU, Memory, GPU or Boot device, the corresponding QLED remains lit.

I had to hit the reset button on the back of the machine then, powered it on got an overclocking error on splash telling me to hit F1 to enter bios. In the bios i went to extreme tweaker and in the AI overclock tuner i had to click on it, put it to manual, then click on that same option again and an XMP option shows up, change it to that. hit f10 to save and it will auto reboot. Idk if this helps I'm still trying to figure out all the choices that bord has.

There is a Safe boot bios button on MB, reset bios to defaults and save, try to boot again.