cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

crosshair iv initializing usb problem

Asmodaeus0812
Level 7
Hi,

sometimes when I turn on my computer it freezes on initializing usb post (not often but its worrying me though), this happenswith different usb devices ( different keyboards / mouses / and usb Flash drives.)
I already searched in google for my problem and found some stuff on it but the people who had this similiar problem like I had it permanent and not only sometimes like I.
I already tryed different Bios versions but its still happening. Any idea what I could do? (my hardware is in my signature)

Thank you very much
3 REPLIES 3

Asmodaeus0812
Level 7
Hi,

i noticed that when I wait the times it freezes on the initializing usb post it gives after some time the no keyboard detected error and boots into windows.
In windows it still detects all storage devices connected to the usb 2.0 ports but nomouses / keyboards except i connect them to 1 of the usb 3.0 ports. When I shut it down in this situations the fans keep spinning .
also I noticed that the times all this is happening it happens when I use reboot / shutdown in the OS. I alreadytryed other mouses / keyboards and also Windows 7 and 10.
sometimes it happens after I rebooted 4-6 times sometimes I can reboot up to 25 times and it not happen (I´m rebooting with different settings to find out what makes this problem)
I also tryed put in / out ram and replace the PSU.

chrsplmr
Level 18
I usta keep a ps2 keyboard plugged into mine ... the usb thing drove me nuts until I did. .c.

Yes Ps2 works I tryed that too.Im just corious where this usb Problem comes from.