cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tristellar Whetstone

alain-SD
Level 7
Hello guys,
Time start a new project. I hope you all will have as much fun as I will have.
This project is supported by:

A few months back I received a lovely package from Deepcool.

Content of the package was:
2x UF 120R fans
2x Mealstrom 120 water cooler
1x DA650 PSU
And of course 1x Tristellar case

Started to remove all the parts that I probably wont be using.

What is left is just a naked case, its a bit like a fresh canvas to start on. 🙂

That was it again, in the next update you will see the hardware and a few adjustments to the case.
25 REPLIES 25

chrsplmr
Level 18
Welcome to ROG - -
Best of Luck. .c.

alain-SD
Level 7
Thank you Chrsplmr 🙂

alain-SD
Level 7
Update 🙂

Because I had some trouble finding sponsors for this project. Deepcool decided to sponsor the hardware as well for this build.
Big thanks to Deepcool for helping me out!

Ofc I had to test all the hardware. 🙂

Time to check the space for the radiators. Seems it will be a tight fit.

Because there is only 1 place to mount a radiator in the case. I had to make some new mountings for the 2 rads. I made these out 10mm thick plexiglas.

Small adjustment to the motherboard tray.

Not much room left between the radiator and motherboard.

I got me self a nice detail for this project. Bought set of 4 red lightbars for Dominator Platinum ram.

So that was it, Thx for watching!

alain-SD
Level 7
Update!

Last week I received a other package from a new sponsor Vedayshop. They are helping out with few connectors and 40m wire.
Thank you Vedayshop.fr

Last days I started to work on the new panels for the case. I have a few parts made out of 4 mm aluminum so that the base is still firmly. These pieces where made by Pascal (Paslis) always handy to know someone with the right tools. 🙂

The rest of the parts are made out of 4mm plexi. Here I use the bottom panel as mold to bent the plexi around.

Buttom and top panel lined up.

Did the same work on the other side.

And home made hinges. 🙂

Short video of the doors.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u2MBl9mTmTc

That was it again, Hope you all like the where this is going:)

chrsplmr
Level 18
Look'in awesome. Never seen anything like it. .c.

Thanks chrsplmr 🙂

alain-SD
Level 7
Update!

When I came from work I found this package from Thermaltake in front of my door. 😛

Thermaltake is sponsoring 3 of there fantastic Riing fans. 2 of them I will install on the radiator and 1 will com in the PSU

Thank you Thermaltake for supporting this project!

I couldn't resist to install them in the case for a few minutes. ^^

I am really happy with result and cant wait to install them with all the other parts.

Back to the case. This weekend I finished all the aluminum parts of the. Now they are all lined up.

Next step was to make the top compartment of the case. For this I used 4mm plexiglass .

Made a extra support for the hinge out of 2mm aluminum.

Open 😄

And a short video of the case.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HPY3ckCntpE&feature=youtu.be

That was it again, thanks for following cya next time!

alain-SD
Level 7
Time for a update! Past few weeks I had a lot of work with creating the new front of the case. I wont go in to detail, the pictures will speak for them self.

After every piece of plexi got there spot it was time to shape the grill.

I also improved a few thing. Made some extra details on the hinges

And countersunk the magnets that keep the doors closed.

The extra material of the screw will be filed away, so you wont see any of this when the case will be painted.

Next up was making my own reservoir for the first time. Had to create something that would fit with the case and can be showed at all time.
After reading a few topic and seeing a few video's on you tube I got started.

This is how it will have to look like.

Before I glued the pieces together I had to sand the edges to get a straight line. One small hole could cause a leak in the reservoir.

First attempt when very well. After the glue was hard I filled the res to see if there would be any leaks.

Now I only have to do the top of the reservoir. To get the perfect angle I made some a help tools this way I would get the right angle.

After the reservoir was finished I leak tested it and gave it a place in the case.

So that was i again.
Only few more things to do, top grill, power cables, install waterblocks and bend the copper pipes.
Cya next time!

alain-SD
Level 7
dubble post