cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G750jz wont turn or do anything?

Caustic
Level 7
I have an asus g750JZ with relatively little use. Today i went to boot it up from sleep mode, and it is totally dead. No battery indicator, no charging, nothing. The green light is on in the power brick and the power is working, but the laptop does nothing.

Is it worth trying to order another battery, or should i send this in? I'm not even sure what i have left for warranty coverage. I don't want to just start tossing parts at the problem, but with so little use, i can't imagine it is a bad dc jack or something along those lines.
4 REPLIES 4

redduc900
Level 9
Have you measured the voltage at the plug that plugs into the laptop? You should have ~19.5v if the power adapter is working correctly. And even though the light is lit on the adapter, you may still want to check the input voltage (110v/220v).
Laptop: Asus G750JZ

GottiBoi55
Level 10
Caustic wrote:
I have an asus g750JZ with relatively little use. Today i went to boot it up from sleep mode, and it is totally dead. No battery indicator, no charging, nothing. The green light is on in the power brick and the power is working, but the laptop does nothing.

Is it worth trying to order another battery, or should i send this in? I'm not even sure what i have left for warranty coverage. I don't want to just start tossing parts at the problem, but with so little use, i can't imagine it is a bad dc jack or something along those lines.

Hi Caustic,
Try this reset procedure.
1. Remove the power adapter
2. Remove the battery
3. Next hold down the power button for 60 seconds

Then you can replace battery, and power plug and try to start.
Hopefully your JZ will come back to life.

Good luck, and good gaming my friend!
GottiBoi55
Asus
G750JZ-DS71 Windows 10 Pro (x64)
Intel® Core™ i7 4700HQ (2.40GHz)
Samsung
24GB Memory DDR3 1600 MHz SDRAM
SanDisk
M.2 SSD 2x128GB in Raid 0 / WD-HGST-1TB HDD 7500-RPM
NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 880M 4 GB GDDR5 VRAM
Second Monitor: Shar
p Aquos 32"

GottiBoi55 wrote:

Hi Caustic,
Try this reset procedure.
1. Remove the power adapter
2. Remove the battery
3. Next hold down the power button for 60 seconds

Then you can replace battery, and power plug and try to start.
Hopefully your JZ will come back to life.

Good luck, and good gaming my friend!

I actually ended up removing the battery for about 5 minutes while I was looking up the part # to price out a replacement. Put it back in and the laptop booted up just fine. I wish I knew what happened or why it momentarily died. Is that a pretty common issue with these laptops?

GottiBoi55
Level 10
Good to hear your up and running again.
Now you know what to do if that happens again.

Good luck, and good gaming!
GottiBoi55
Asus
G750JZ-DS71 Windows 10 Pro (x64)
Intel® Core™ i7 4700HQ (2.40GHz)
Samsung
24GB Memory DDR3 1600 MHz SDRAM
SanDisk
M.2 SSD 2x128GB in Raid 0 / WD-HGST-1TB HDD 7500-RPM
NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 880M 4 GB GDDR5 VRAM
Second Monitor: Shar
p Aquos 32"