cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

750JS Win10 ATK package V1.0.0039 fails to start on startup sometimes?

AstralandArcane
Level 7
Hi Guys,

I've run into a problem with my ATK package. When I updated to windows 10 I had some hotkey issues,
my ATK package was way out of date so I updated to the latest one on the support page for my laptop.
How ever the latest ATK package fails to start on startup sometimes.
It's very weird that sometimes it works fine other times it doesn't.
Has anyone else encountered this problem and know how to fix it? I'm using ATK package V1.0.0039
6 REPLIES 6

redduc900
Level 9
What happens when it "fails to start"? I assume you used Programs and Features to remove the old version, rebooted, then installed the newer package version? And just to be clear, you installed the ATK package specific to Win10? The latest version is 1.0.0040...

http://support.asus.com/download.aspx?SLanguage=en&p=3&s=813&m=ATKPackage&os=&hashedid=n%2fa
Laptop: Asus G750JZ

AstralandArcane
Level 7
Yes, I uninstalled the previous version. I got the Windows 10 ATK package from the 750JS support page, but I'll try 1.0.0040 out.

AstralandArcane
Level 7
I'm having the same issue with that version as well 😞

redduc900
Level 9
What's the exact issue you're having?
redduc900 wrote:
What happens when it "fails to start"?
Laptop: Asus G750JZ

AstralandArcane
Level 7
When I turn on my computer, none of my function keys work, the keyboard lights all come on and won't go off.
My track pad comes back on (it is usually off because I have a mouse plugged in).
My Wifi and Num lock lights don't come on, although wifi is working.
The weird thing is that this only happens sometimes and I can't work out specifically why.

AstralandArcane
Level 7
I'm having the same issue with Version 1.0.0038 (The only other windows 10 version I hadn't tried.)
I've been doing some digging through the event viewer and I have a feeling this may have something to do with the fast boot feature. (The windows hybrid sleep/shutdown thing.)
I'll report back if this proves to be the case.