Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows 10 and CPU 20% running noting :( System ID 4 ACPI.sys+0x1e7f0

IggyUSA
Level 7
I found 2 problems with drivers ....
G551JM

I download drivers form asus web site ...
I perform clean installation window 10 / Same problem /

Probably bios need to be update or get new drivers / im on latest version of bios 2.04

Frst one

Task manager System ID 4 using 8 % cpu
ACPI.sys+0x1e7f0

another one

Inputs Hardware Interrupts and DPCs using 8% cpu

20 % running noting

Anybody have same issues ????
or my machine is crazy
6 REPLIES 6

AtlasMinor
Level 8
Might have a idea for it..... Straight from MicroSofts mouth. I hope you follow up on this and report it to Microsoft and get detailed instructions on removal of the Malware thats cuasing this.

Could be any number of them, depending on what the MS team analysis find.

Acpi.sys is a Windows driver. A driver is a small software program that allows your computer to communicate with hardware or connected devices. This means that a driver has direct access to the internals of the operating system, hardware etc. The original acpi.sys is an important part of Windows and rarely causes problems. Acpi.sys is located in the C:\Windows\System32\drivers folder.

Note:Some malware disguises itself as acpi.sys, particularly when not located in the C:\Windows\System32\drivers folder. Therefore, you should check the acpi.sys process on your PC to see if it is a threat. We recommend to run the Microsoft safety scanner and to verify the security related issues.

The Microsoft Safety Scanner is a free downloadable security tool that provides on-demand scanning and helps remove viruses, spyware, and other malicious software. It works with your existing antivirus software.

Try to download the Microsoft Safety Scanner and check if it helps.

I was scan with Microsoft safety scanner and Malwarebytes /// NOTING ///

Is valid version ACPI.sys is fresh installation windows 10

toronto699
Level 13
try turning off "Cortana" in W10

IggyUSA
Level 7
same 😞

Руддут68
Level 7

same too(

AnnaFrost
Level 9

Microsoft Safety Scanner didn't help me...( But, I recently found an excellent article https://setapp.com/how-to/quickly-fix-mac-bluetooth-not-working with the help of which I may be able to solve this problem. Although it seems to me that this will be quite difficult to do on your own. Therefore, you may have to turn to experienced programmers and web developers for help. Sometimes this is the best solution. Especially if you do not have special knowledge and skills. This will save time and prevent mistakes.