cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strange Bios Issue after W10 upgrade - G75VX

Dataanti
Level 7
So i upgraded to W10, now i can't access my bios, it doesn't even show a post. When I turn power on, its just no screen, then black screen, then windows.

When I hold the F2 button to enter bios on startup, the screen remains blank and no lights are on other then the power light (and battery if its plugged in) no other key does nothing. When its stuck on the black screen, I can just press the power button and it turns off and it will boot up like nothing ever happened

I tried shift + restart and entering bios via advanced options, same resualt as holding F2.
Tried turning off hybrid shutoff in power options, no change.
tried cold booting, no change
tried draining power unlpugged and no battery, no change.
tried removing HDD, got no post, just blank screen.

Is it possible my GPU isn't displaying the post or bios for some reason and it is indeed launching?

anyone have an ideas?
7 REPLIES 7

Maxter
Level 9
I got the G750JW. I have to press ESC for BIOS, not F2. Maybe try ESC?

Maxter wrote:
I got the G750JW. I have to press ESC for BIOS, not F2. Maybe try ESC?

Tried allllll the buttons, none do anything other then F2 which makes it hang on the blackscreen 😕

EDIT tried ESC again and noticed something odd... i would press it and it would hang on the black screen UNTIL i pressed enter and then it would continue to boot windows.

Pandur
Level 10
I repeatedly press F2 to get in bios. I don't hold it. Because if you hold F2 to soon during boot the bios will flag the key as stuck and ignore it.

Have you tried with an external monitor?

And if you manage to get into the bios I would recommend doing a load (recommended) defaults.
Asus ROG G55VW:
CPU: i7 3630QM
GFX: Geforce GTX660M with 2GB ram
RAM: 2x8Gb 2133MHz Kingston HyperX Impact (surprisingly the G55VW uses the 2133 X.M.P. profile)
Storage: RAID0 with 2x 256Gb Crucial SSDs (both msata, one in a sata adapter)

Dataanti
Level 7
i have not tried an external monitor yet, i do not have one handy until the weekend but i will certainly try it. and as for holding F2, ive tried tapping, holding everything. im thinking its more of a multiple display issue, normally i have this laptop pugged into a TV and i use it like a desktop but im on a field exercise right now so i dont have any other screen avalible 😕

Dataanti
Level 7
okay so i finally got to a TV i can use and the bios and post shows on the tv but not my laptop screen. i have my laptops screen identified as my #1 screen in windows and i cant find an option in the bios to select a different screen, what should i do?

d_2
Level 7
I have the exact same problem, any solutions?
Asus, do you hear?!

d_2
Level 7
It seems that asus doesn't give a **** about our problems, it took our money already. Know that asus, this g75vx was my first asus machine, and an expensive one.
Thanks to your great product quality and the inexistent support even here on your official forums, it will be my last asus product as well.
Clevo here i come!