cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[Bug] Can No Longer Boot From Macintosh OSX Partition or Installer - Bios 1701

patrickmollohan
Level 7
Hello,
I have updated my BIOS from version 1601 to 1701. Upon doing so, my Macintosh partition was no longer recognised, as well as my EFI partition with the Clover bootloader. The partitions are still there, as I have checked with Ubuntu. I have a triple-boot system (Windows 10, Ubuntu 14.04, and OS X 10.10). I can still access Windows and Ubuntu through the boot menu. My computer will also not boot if the OS X install USB is present in the system; the system will hang until it is removed (I have left it on overnight with no change). I have tried re-enabling CSM (I turn it off since all three OSs are UEFI on a GPT disk) with no change.
Please fix, Asus!
3 REPLIES 3

Praz
Level 13
Hello

Revert to a previous UEFI version that worked. There is nothing for ASUS to fix here. Using an Apple operating system on a non-Apple product is against the operating system EULA. ASUS is not going to prioritize fixing a problem that is a non-issue.

Hi,
There is something for Asus to fix. They have removed a feature that is actually quite useful, and given there's a wide variety of builds out there, there might be more issues waiting to be reported relating to this. If you have a problem with the Hackintosh concept, hey that's on you; for myself, as well as others, there are legitimate use cases for it. Also, in my experience, Clover has been one of the better bootloaders out there given it is up to date, responsive, and does its job. I'd much prefer its bootloader to GRUB or BURG. Finally, "It's better to be a pirate than join the Navy" - Steve Jobs.

Praz
Level 13
Hello

There is a single thread here at the forum for all things Hackintosh. It can be found using the link below. Thread closed.

https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?39406-ASUS-G750JX-OSX-Mavericks-INSTALL-GUIDE&goto=newpost