cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

(Repost) [Bug] Bios 1701 Disabled Macintosh OS X Partition and USB Installer

patrickmollohan
Level 7
Hello,
Due to a particular "Super Moderator" that thinks an Asus Rampage V Extreme motherboard is a G750JX laptop, and thus closed my thread, I am reposting below:
"Hello,
I have updated my BIOS from version 1601 to 1701. Upon doing so, my Macintosh partition was no longer recognised, as well as my EFI partition with the Clover bootloader. The partitions are still there, as I have checked with Ubuntu. I have a triple-boot system (Windows 10, Ubuntu 14.04, and OS X 10.10). I can still access Windows and Ubuntu through the boot menu. My computer will also not boot if the OS X install USB is present in the system; the system will hang until it is removed (I have left it on overnight with no change). I have tried re-enabling CSM (I turn it off since all three OSs are UEFI on a GPT disk) with no change.
Please fix, Asus!"
1 REPLY 1

Onimax
Level 8
As neither Apple supports other platforms than their own and ASUS also does not support OSX to my knowledge - I wouldn't get my hopes up that this "issue" will ever be addressed. It is even unclear if this is a bios bug introduced with 1701, a problem of the bootloader or even something OSX specific that arose after updating the bios (like the very specific UEFI layer implementation of Apple).

Just revert back to the bios that works for you.

Also I think it's more likely to get help in a hackintosh oriented forum rather than here - unfortunately I can't help you where to look as I am not into the whole hackintosh idea.