cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G551JW LCD discoloration, ghosting and vertical lines

Bloodlust8
Level 7
This issue started yesterday, the LCD on my G551JW started to change color; red becomes black. Ghosting and vertical lines started
appearing. Tried external display and it's working fine. I just bought this laptop last May 5, 2015. I can't bring this to the place where I
bought it because it's currently under renovation. I'm still waiting for ASUS to reply on my email.
9 REPLIES 9

p1_11
Level 7
U can't do anything. i have the same issue. Sent to ASUS service but they didn't repare 😉

Just an update.
I brought my laptop to the retail store but on a different mall/branch and got my laptop 2 weeks ago. LCD is now working fine again. So far no more issues. Took them 2 weeks to repair.

AsSaSsInJ0HN
Level 7
Listen my friend its not an RMA issue..
uninstall ASUS SPLENDID DISPLAY
MAKE TEXT SMALLER APPLY CHANGES.
RESTART PC.
U R ALL GOOD.

THIS WORKS FOR YELLOW TINT AND BLURRY TEXT

mine too, experiencing display discoloration and vertical lines just now. i will try that splendid display uninstall. fb later

did not worked for me.

AsSaSsInJ0HN
Level 7
Did u restart after uninstalling it ?....

Can u attach a picture of your screen taken from your mobile/camera?

P.S it can also be a defective screen ( send to asus for fixing it )

I am having the sams problem with my G751JL. Has anyone figured out the fix?
Or is it hardware based problem?

If you had your screen replaced, how much did it cost you?

I have connected my laptop via hdmi, and the colors were fine.

AsSaSsInJ0HN wrote:
Did u restart after uninstalling it ?....

Can u attach a picture of your screen taken from your mobile/camera?

P.S it can also be a defective screen ( send to asus for fixing it )

Yes I did, restarted it, still screen discoloration.

I sent it to asus last Oct 08, they replaced the screen and its working fine but when I check the webcam, it was so dark,
then they replaced the webcam. Now its all working. Still testing at the moment. I just got my ROG G551jw today Nov 04.
Sorry I did not take a picture when it was broken. One thing I noticed when Im booting up theres the INTEL logo at the lower right side of the screen, and the ROG logo is somelike stretched in the middle and also I can see now the windows 10 logo after the ROG logo and INTEL logo disappear.

oll27 wrote:
One thing I noticed when Im booting up theres the INTEL logo at the lower right side of the screen, and the ROG logo is somelike stretched in the middle and also I can see now the windows 10 logo after the ROG logo and INTEL logo disappear.

All this means is that the BIOS is in CSM mode instead of UEFI mode. If you want to toggle it back, you just need to go into the BIOS and do so, otherwise it's mostly harmless (Other than slower boot times)

ASUS ROG GL551JW
Intel Core i7-4720HQ 16GB RAM
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M