Jingles
Level 7
Hello.

Here are my specs:
CPU: i7-4790k @4.00 GHz
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master V8 GTS
MB: Asus Maximus VII Formula LGA 1150
GPU: Asus Matrix GTX 780ti P-3GD5
RAM: 2x 8 GB G. Skill Trident X Series DDR 3 1866 (PC3 14900)
PSU: Corsair AX760, 760w PSU
HDs (All SATA I know..)
-WD Black @ 7200 RPM
-2x WD Green
1x DVD/CD-RW
-Case: Cooler master HAF 932 Advanced
-Case Fans: 3x 230mm fans, 1x 140mm fan, 1x 120 fan
( I have nothing overclocked expect for the the ASUS 5 way optimization set in AI Suite 3)

I've been having some issues with my graphics on my computer. Recently my computer has been plagued with the "display driver
has stopped and has recovered" error and also "the display driver NIVIDA kernel mode driver has recovered error."
I updated the GPU drivers and this seemed to fix the issue. However, when I started playing games the games would freeze or go to a black blank screen.
This was also random when this occurred. Sometimes it happened right away in the game, other times I might be able to play for about an hour's time.
And then the game would crash.

I cleaned the card, changed the settings of the visual effects on system properties by following Microsoft's suggestion on how to fix this issue.
This fixed the issues, but my games would lag. I ran Furmark tests for three separate times for about ten minutes each. Small artifacts would
appear on my screen briefly and disappear. However, with each test the artifacts would be less conspicuous and by the third test only once did an artifact appear.
No other issues occurred during the test. I experienced no others issues on the desktop, watching movies or browsing online while all these
These freezes and blank black screens would only occur while I playing games.

However, after turning off my computer a couple of times this seemed to fix my issues.
I had no more screen issues or lag. However, the next day when I started to play my games the games would freeze or blank black screens would appear.

I moved my graphics card to another port and this solved the issues of the blank black screens and freezes, but now the games now lag.
I removed the Matrix card and installed an older GPU in slot one on the MB. I haven't had any issues with my games or my desktop
when using this older card, however the card is a NVIDIA 8800GTS so I'm not too sure if this a good way to test this issue.

I contacted ASUS tech support and I asked them could my PSU be causing any issues. The technician recommend for me to have that
I should use a 1,000 watt PSU instead of my 760 watt PSU. I told him that nothing is OC on my system and have only been experiencing these issues
with this build in this config after using it slightly more then a year and encountered no other issues or errors with the GPU before now during that time.

So my two questions are:

- What could be causing these problems with my graphics card? And what should I do?

-Is 760 watt PSU enough for this build? I have nothing OC with the exception of what ASUS AI Suite 3 set with optimization.
I know that 1,000 watts is too much, but should I get something like a 850 watt PSU?

As a side note the games I have testing this are follows:

-World of Tanks (Max Settings) This game will crash on anything higher then minimum settings when the Matrix card is in the first port.
The game has not crashed yet with max settings when the card is in the second port, but does lag on max settings.

-Shadow Warrior 2013 (Max Settings) - Crashes at max settings when the Matrix card is in the first port. The game will lag slightly at max settings
when the GPU in the second port.

-Wolfenstien the New World Order (Max Settings) - Crashes at max settings when the Matrix card is in the first port

-Wolfenstien the Old Blood (Near Max Settings) - Crashes at max settings when the Matrix card is in the first port

-Microsoft Chess Titans - This game had some artifact errors and lags when my issues first appeared. I have encountered no other issues since updating the GPU drivers.

Thank you for your time and assistance.

I
0 REPLIES 0