cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sound Glitch :(

Goucho
Level 8
Recently i have noticed a sound glitch and waited till i installed windows 10 on a new fresh drive before i posted.

I have a pair of AKG K612 Pro headphones and to start with i had it in the rear headphone port and noticed a glitch every few seconds, this happened when listening to music on Steam player and also on videos on my hard drive and whilst watching videos on Youtube. I changed to the front port but it returned. To try one last time i moved it to my Mic/Phones Xenyx Q502USB Mixer, same thing.

Restarting seems to keep it at bay for a wee while.

Anyway today i have installed windows 10 on new drives and it is back!!

I have the latest audio drivers installed but no matter where i put the headphones it is the same. Any ideas guys?
All replies to my posts are really appreciated, thank you 🙂

Overclock results:-

GTX980 @ 1527.5MHz Core/7603MHz Memory
4 REPLIES 4

Korth
Level 14
How do your headphones sound on other machines? The problem might be your headphones (or headphone cable, connector, etc). The R5E BIOS has a setting somewhere for "SenseAmp (A ROG invention)". It supposedly autodetects the impedance of your speakers/headphones and autoconfigures audio output power accordingly. SenseAmp seems a bit gimmicky to me - and few people "accidentally" end up using $2000 300-Ohm headphones in today's world of cheap <50-Ohm earbuds and headsets - but it might actually do something helpful if you're swapping output ports and devices a lot.
"All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others." - Douglas Adams

[/Korth]

Goucho
Level 8
Did a frezh clean full install of windows 10 with no drivers e cept for gpu and that did the trick .... no audio glitch now 😉

its intels network drivers, anything past 19.1 will cause this, they have known about it for ages and have not fixed it, it effects all chipsets with an intel nic, it has caused alot of problems for users trying to troubleshoot there machines.

https://communities.intel.com/thread/54594?start=15&tstart=0

Jollydet wrote:
its intels network drivers, anything past 19.1 will cause this, they have known about it for ages and have not fixed it, it effects all chipsets with an intel nic, it has caused alot of problems for users trying to troubleshoot there machines.

https://communities.intel.com/thread/54594?start=15&tstart=0

Thanx very much for this.