cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

worried 6700K showing core voltage 1.328V in bios, is this wrong ?

Daytrader
Level 11
worried 6700K showing core voltage 1.328V in bios, is this wrong ? all bios at default, thought it should be like 1.2 ?
20 REPLIES 20

dragmagpuff
Level 7
That's what my voltage is on the Hero VIII as well. It definitely seems high at a first impression.

dragmagpuff
Level 7
Looking at some overclocking reviews, the stock voltage appears to be 1.2 Volts. That probably explains why my temps were so higher than expected.

Daytrader
Level 11
Yeh, but mine at stock and 1.328v on default in bios, surely this wrong.

mine sits the same at stock. it spikes up high in windows 10 up over 1.4 volts too. if i turn on the ai suite it starts spiking up and down fast even with nothing changed.

bradsm87
Level 7
Mine is same

Tomuks
Level 7
set adaptive Voltage + auto offset, additionol turbo voltage set to 1.2(or something arround) and on full stress load it will not hit more than 1,312 and on normal load more than 1.280..

Daytrader
Level 11
All sounds complicated to me, what does adaptive voltage mean ? cheers

Captain_Jack_Sp
Level 7
Setting everything to stock in the bios has the voltage going over 1.4 volts at load. So either i have a poor chip or its not reading right. Dropping the voltage down to 1.3 or lower just crashes the system during a test.

At 1.38v set Overclocked 4.7 ghz is stable and temps are still not going over 40 on my overkill water loop which seems strange.
maybe temps are not reading right either

I never get a good chip in the chip lottery. Always from Malay.

Tomuks
Level 7
Check in The ASUS Z170 Thread, first post there is overclocking review
Scroll down till you see Screenshot with adaptive voltage settings, just try to put like 1.2 on additional voltage, or if you overcklocked try 1,25 or whatever you will need to keep it stable on full load 😉 personally I am using 1,25V on 4,5ghz (it comes to about 1,3V on full load

P.S. anyone else getting problems with forum? As I am getting stranger errors which doesn't let to post...

P.P.S. Captain_Jack_Sparrow how you know where is your cpu made? and whats is your cpu batch nr?