cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G751JY - RAM cause crashes

fatherGIGA
Level 7
Hello.
I've bought a G751JY with 16gb of ram pre-installed (M471B1G73DB0-YK0)(Samsung 2Rx8 PC3L-12800S-11-13-F3).

I added 16 gb of G-skill F3-1600 CL 11-11-11-28 1.35v PC3L-12800 8Gx1 SO_DIMM).

The first mounth all was quite ok, then I began to have blue blue screens every 20 min of game. It got worse and worse, till a point I could not access to windows anymore. I tried to pull out the new rams, and now it's all ok, no crashes anymore, never.
Why are this ram incompatible? They seem to be the very same as the ones pre-installed...
4 REPLIES 4

aeolisio
Level 10
Could be a defective stick could be a damaged memory controller. Have you overclocked anything? Try one stick at a time. They are the same timings and many people have mixed gskill with samsung in g751s. I always advocate matching brands and models exactly to avoid these kinds of issues but most people dont ever have a problem.
3d printed parts and accessories for the G751. You know you want something better than OEM ->https://www.shapeways.com/shops/aeolisio[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

i did not overclock anything, and I did not tweaked anything. I tryied one stick at time.
One stick makes impossible even to load windows, the other one behaves much better and crashes only while in game, after 3-4 minutes.
What can I do? I rma the ram modules, or it will be the same with new modules of the same kind? Have I to buy the same exact modules of that pre-installed?

aeolisio
Level 10
Theres no guarantee its your ram not the controller. I would rma the ram and see if new sticks changes it unless your willing to pop the keyboard and try switching the stock ram for the g skill to see if it works fine.
3d printed parts and accessories for the G751. You know you want something better than OEM ->https://www.shapeways.com/shops/aeolisio[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

TugaPower
Level 8
Have 2 HyperX Impact 1.35v from Kingston mixed with the 2 stock Samsung and never have single issue/blue screen of death. G751JY