Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MAXIMUS VIII HERO ISSUES , Bios

Mentas
Level 7
BIOS 603
WINDOWS 10 X64 PRO..ONLY WINDOWS UPDATE

4.6 STABLE 1.31V FIXED adaptive + total 1.31v

Hi fellow ROGERS, first of all and one more time i invested in the Hero ROG series, some complaints, the bios is very slugish some times not very apparent but there is a small lag on the screen, the boot times on this board feel like i am booting from a mechanical HDD, very slow indeed, much slower then the MAXIMUS 6 AND 7, THERE is DEFINITE PROBLEM HERE.i have checked other forums and some have told me the same thing

*software, i love the AI SUITE, but the engine on this is not optimized for WINDOWS 10, something is wrong some wait times some almost crashes...ASUS should look into this....general feel is not smooth as times......the widget on screen does sometimes stays stuck on top of the browser pages and so on....some bad readings while testing on aida64 stability, sometimes the ai suite jumped to cpu watts usage 175watts....sometimes showed 0 watts..i also have corsair link installed for the 110i gt...so i guess this could be some kind of issue not being directly connected to ai suite...never the less ASUS should now

*tip for windows 10 users, do not let the OS install the lan driver it has a memory leak.....install from the ASUS download center, i has a slight leak or i think i did, and remembered to check the lan driver, 12 hours testing and seems fine now.

*the led light does not retain settings after reboot

* question: where can i purchase the fan extension module in Europe sold separate? could come in handy

i will be adding to this topic hopefully someone at ASUS will see and could help trouble shoot some issues.
13 REPLIES 13

Mentas
Level 7
updated

Daytrader
Level 11
What does a lan leak mean and do, also im not sure i have the right driver, mine says provider Intel dated 18/06/2015 version 12.13.17.4 is this correct asus one, i installed from the asus dvd.

Mentas
Level 7
memory leak issue, over time the memory gets build up and waists resources...some really bad leaks can force you to restart your PC...get this one Version 20.2.3001.0&20.2.4001.0 lan driver.

http://www.asus.com/Motherboards/MAXIMUS-VIII-HERO/HelpDesk_Download/

like i said before i do not recommend windows 10 installing updates or doing roll backs on drivers...set options so that windows 10 only installs windows updates only, allways better no know what is going on with your machine and doing manuel upgrades to certain if not all drivers ....google is your friend for this part and depending on personal choices for OS control and privacy issues

Daytrader
Level 11
Thats the same one as on the support disc, but when i look at driver version in windows it dont show that version, what version is yours in device manager then.

Mentas
Level 7
Same driver....but only difference i can see for having a memory leak was letting windows do the install maybe something went wrong...memory leaks can be hard to check for, more a trial and miss thing , testing blind sometimes...one thing i can tell you the fresh install seemed to fix the issue....this might not affect everyone although could help a few if having a similar issue

Daytrader
Level 11
I installed win 10 on a fresh install, then chucked in the asus support disc and installed all drivers, so i reckon i dont have the windows intel lan driver, as it would not have been enabled before asus installed the driver for the lan port, so your driver version in device manager is version 12.13.17.4 correct, strange it dont relate to 20.2.3001.0&20.2.4001.0 thou, i hate having ocd 🙂 as i have to be a 100% sure on everything.

Mentas
Level 7
i never use drivers on the cd, but they seem to be the same driver, so yeah i will still be checking somethings out

Daytrader
Level 11
well every driver that came on the support dvd is exactly the same versions as on the hero viii driver page, only the bios is newer on the website.

Mentas
Level 7

to much cpu usage spikes, like i said software is pretty bad or is there a explanation never saw this happen on z97

like i said ASUS needs to revise software and pay more attention to fine tuning the AI engine...by far the most mixed bag of performance i have ever seen on a motherboard...i have to rely on the motherboard software to monitor the pc and control fans....