cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Light bleed / clouding

lombardo2
Level 7
I got my PG278Q less than a week ago, I can't say for sure but I'm almost certain it did not have clouding when I first turned it on. Even if it had, it have gotten a lot worse. The windows 10 taskbar, which is supossed to be black, is now half white. Here some pictures

As you can see, the steam overlay bottom is white now, the taskbar is half white, and finally a picture with room lights turned off so you can see how bad it is.

Needless to say I'm very mad, I live in Colombia so I had to order the monitor from Amazon: $700 the monitor price, $400 shipping, and $100 dollars on taxes. That's $1200 dollars for a monitor and I get such bad light bleeding? I expect some light bleeding, it's LCD after all but this is ridiculous.

It also seems to get worse when its turned on more than 2 hours.

Have anybody had this issue? Is this enough for an RMA? I'm not going to pay another $400 for shipping it back, I'm going to try and resolve the issue in my local ASUS support center and I expect them to pay the shipping.

What are my prospects?

Thanks.

Sincerely, a pissed customer.

PD: Even my motherboard is ASUS, I hope I can fix this becuase I really like them but if not I guess I'm going to stay away from ASUS.
0 REPLIES 0