cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus Rampage V Extreme VS MSI Goldike - Quaility and performance. - Help needed!

Greenfeuer
Level 8
Hey there people!

I know this a Asus forum and I am personally leaning towards the Rampage the most but I have seconds thoughs.

I have heard alot of rumors about quaility check is not that good and the bios acting up along with som "cpu pins" that should be damged very easily. Again I can't confrim these, so where better to ask then actually owners. I read the reviews on newegg + amazone to hear what buyers think too.

MSI Godlike is a fine board too, but not a fan of the cheesy "Godlike" theme and the bright colors, not a fan of their logo either sadly.. Just personal taste thats all. I do however very much like the thermal armor and support for GPU to counter sagging and such. Hear the Killernet "very cheesy" should be amazing. Its seemse to be of VERY high quaility too, build wise.

Its rather new and have usb 3.1 support. But I can fix that on Asus Rampage with a usb 3.1 card really.

I got the option to change my order from Asus Rampage to MSI Godlike if I am VERY LUCKY. But I rather like the design and Strix
980 ti build quaility is so much better than 980 ti MSI, who looks like cheap plastic toys. I like to go with a build where gpu and motherboard brand is the same.

So yeah, tell me. What is your experience and would I be right to choose Rampage over Godlike.

So come one, come all! I need your help and advise dearly 🙂
32 REPLIES 32

Techotic
Level 7
Of course everyone here is going to say get the Rampage lol. Just like if you ask that same question on the MSI forum, they will recommend the Godlike. If you want an unbiased opinion, post on some place neutral, like Overclock.net or LinusTechTips.

By the way, although there have been posts on here regarding some QC problems, I've never experienced any of those on any ROG boards, including the RVE.

YogiBear
Level 8
I have 2 EVGA 980 TI Hydro Coppers installed in a Rampage V and neither complained. I understand your concerns. I had the same concerns. I saw people complain about every board. That led me to get the board that had the features I wanted. ASUS is the top dog when it comes to PWM headers and 10k temperature headers. Why every motherboard doesn't have them is beyond me.

I brought my system up a couple of days ago and I'm happy with it. I'm still playing with all the settings (there are a bunch of them) and getting comfortable with it.

I have no major complaints.

jrmcdou
Level 10
Just pray you never have to deal with Asus customer support. They are the worst in the industry.
Rampage VI Extreme bios 1503
Core i9 7980XE @ 4.4ghz all cores
64 gb Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3600
2x RTX 2080 Ti FE NvLink/SLI
2x Samsung 970 Pro 1tb NVME
Corsair AX1600i
Corsair 1000D case
1x Dell U3818DW 38" Curved Ultrawide and 2x Dell S2716DG 27" 1ms GSYNC 2560x1440 144 hz
Win 10 Pro x64

Greenfeuer
Level 8
Awesome feedback so faar! Still holding my bet on Rampage.

I like to hear more!

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40
Short answer...Ranpage V Extreme

Long answer:

Not as clear cut as it seems. If you are going to be OCing and want top performance at the cutting edge end then I think the RVE is where it is at. However if you are going to be "normal" OCing for gaming and video encoding then both will serve you almost equally well.

For me the RVE BIOS and functionality make it a great all round board for everything. Gigabyte and MSI BIOS not so good for me.

Customer service depends a bit on where you live but for many it is a complete nightmare with ASUS...a big minus when/if you have problems and pretty important.

I have had MSI X99 Gigabyte and RVE I still have the Gigabyte as spare but RVE keeps me coming back and keeps me OCing

Cache OCing in particularly the other boards don´t get to the same level...

DamianStr
Level 8
Gigabyte, Msi are not bad but I Like Asus more the design and the quality of Asus I have always have a good experience with Asus

Greenfeuer
Level 8
Bought a full warranty service at a custom rig builder shop. So I don't have to deal with Asus. It includes self risk + more. It lasts 4 years 🙂

Greenfeuer wrote:
So I don't have to deal with Asus.

Worth it's weight in Gold

Buying from Amazon here has same effect 😉