cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

hacker in forum?

warryabel
Level 7
the last 30 min i must change my password for the forum because the old wasnt accepted... i stay always in with cookie and never logged out. i came back to my pc after 30 minutes and was logged out and the password wasnt accepted! the i must change and yet all working? very strange....
12 REPLIES 12

toronto699
Level 13
I'm having the same problem. had to rest password login, I was redirected to a webpage with a ca ip address when I tried to go to the forum webpage. I did not however write down the ip address. something strange is up here at this forum.
Much spam on forum recently. I don't think these forums are secure enough
I got a rest email from Asus saying my password and login was secure , I'm not so sure about that.

Rares95
Level 8
Because hackers would benefit from stealing a random forum account.

Rares95 wrote:
very lol....

Rares95 wrote:

Lock your avatars and signatures away, folks. Keep them safe!
Asus ROG G751JT-T7115H
17.3" IPS, Intel i7-4720HQ, 16Gb RAM, NVidia GeForce GTX970m, 256Gb M.2 SSD + 1Tb SSHD

Rares95 wrote:

One account? No. The roughly 175,000 email addresses connected with ROG forum members? Yeah, I'm pretty sure that that's worth some money to someone selling email addresses to advertisers.

Z

toronto699
Level 13
sure hacker would love password and username account , especially if u use them for everything u do on the net. somethings up at this forum though weird stuff.
now with W10 every key stoke {web sties visited all conversation location , including bank info typed ect} is sent to Microsoft unless u disable it , what a trove of info some one could use about u .

xeromist
Sessions are designed to expire. It's likely that the back end server connection changed due to something with ASUS or maybe rebooted.

If you are concerned about hackers you shouldn't stay logged in. Logged in sessions can be hijacked by a man in the middle attack. But it's unlikely someone would go to that trouble for a single normal user account. Maybe an admin or moderator account might be worth hijacking depending on intent.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

TugaPower
Level 8
Never have this issue, in PC it's always connected my account. Using Chrome... Not sure if other browsers are the same thing.

TugaPower
Level 8
Although using Tapatalk over phone to access it's lot more complicated, it always disconnect each time open the forum over the Tapatalk, already send email to forum administration but no answer, according to Tapatalk, Rog forum it's using a very old Tapatalk modulo. Hope they update, it's annoying log in each time open Tapatalk in phone. But think forum it's not being controlled at all by admin. Hope aime wrong.