cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Overclocking Help?

tagger101
Level 7
Hello everyone, new PC gamer here with a question about overclocking.

First things first, in case this helps, I have an ROG G751JT-DB73 laptop.

Now, when I purchased this, I saw that the product page on Amazon said my CPU can be overclocked to 3.6ghz from the normal 2.6ghz. The official Asus website for it says the same thing, and that the ROG gaming center can be used to overclock.

Knowing all this, I still can't find a way to do so, even after checking the gaming center.

I then contacted Asus live chat support, who (after making me wait a while and asked for specs of my laptop) flat-out said that they do not offer any way to overclock their laptops.

So... what's going on here? False advertising? Or just a combo of me being new at this along with support misinformation? Any help would be appreciated, thanks.
5 REPLIES 5

Nader
Level 8
ASUS does not support overclocking in G751. What you Call Overclocking is actually TURBO BOOST Meaning The CPU Runs at 2.4 GHZ By Default and it overclocks to 3.6 GHZ When its under load (So Its Automatic Overclock, You will not have to do any thing on your side).

Nader wrote:
ASUS does not support overclocking in G751. What you Call Overclocking is actually TURBO BOOST Meaning The CPU Runs at 2.4 GHZ By Default and it overclocks to 3.6 GHZ When its under load (So Its Automatic Overclock, You will not have to do any thing on your side).

Ah, I see. Thank you! That clears it all up for me!

tagger101 wrote:
Ah, I see. Thank you! That clears it all up for me!

Glad I could help
Have fun!

rcarlos243
Level 7
If you want to overclock, you could use Intel Extreme Tuning Utility to increase the multiplier by a couple of bins.

rcarlos243 wrote:
If you want to overclock, you could use Intel Extreme Tuning Utility to increase the multiplier by a couple of bins.

Be careful with the XTU. Definitely read online what previous users use and what their results were.
ROG G551JW - i7 - 4720HQ - GTX 960 2GB - 16GB RAM
ROG G751 - i7- 4710HQ - GTX 970M 3GB - 16GB RAM