cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus N55SF

evilkid
Level 7
hello,

i just bought an Asus N55SF , my problem is, when i press FN + F9 , it suppose to disable my pad, but it dosnt work.
It worked the first 2 days, but now it dosnt, i tried re-downloading the lastest ATK drivers but it didnt help.

Any idea?

thx
15 REPLIES 15

fuzon1337
Level 10
Hi

When you downloaded the ATK package did you uninstall the version you got on the notebook first before you installed the new one?

If no, uninstall the version you have installed now, reboot, install the ATK package, reboot and when you see the splash screen of ASUS, hit F2, go into BIOS and choose "Load Optimized Defaults" then exit and see if it works 🙂

Btw, which version of BIOS do you have?
In BIOS 207 you got
1.Fixed that Numeric Key region function Fail when change Keyin Mode
2.Fixed that the USB Device attached USB3.0 Ports can't work after resume from Deep
Asus G73SW-91058V 3D
- Intel Centrino Ultimate-N 6300
- BIOS 205

fuzon1337 wrote:
Hi

When you downloaded the ATK package did you uninstall the version you got on the notebook first before you installed the new one?

If no, uninstall the version you have installed now, reboot, install the ATK package, reboot and when you see the splash screen of ASUS, hit F2, go into BIOS and choose "Load Optimized Defaults" then exit and see if it works 🙂

Btw, which version of BIOS do you have?
In BIOS 207 you got
1.Fixed that Numeric Key region function Fail when change Keyin Mode
2.Fixed that the USB Device attached USB3.0 Ports can't work after resume from Deep

first of all thx for ur reply,

i did what u just said, but nothing changed, all the other FN combinations work, except for the pad disabling,

and my BIOS is 207, my pc is like 2 weeks old

fuzon1337
Level 10
Hmm, have FN + F9 worked before?
or has it always been like that since you bought the notebook?

EDIT:

Since it have worked before, if you have been a good boy you have turned on or perhaps if your lucky, you could restore your notebook to an earlier point when this function did work 🙂

And you could try to download CCleaner and clean your register, and see if that helps, but that I'm not sure about.
Asus G73SW-91058V 3D
- BIOS 205

fuzon1337 wrote:
Hmm, have FN + F9 worked before?
or has it always been like that since you bought the notebook?

EDIT:

Since it have worked before, if you have been a good boy you have turned on or perhaps if your lucky, you could restore your notebook to an earlier point when this function did work 🙂

And you could try to download CCleaner and clean your register, and see if that helps, but that I'm not sure about.

tried CCleaner, nothing changed ...
and restoring would delete my files?
cuz it worked when i had nothing on...

fuzon1337
Level 10
It worked when you didn't have nothing on ?

About when restoring your notebook to an earlier point when it worked, I'm not sure if it deletes any files or programs that you have installed in the time after it stopped working.

It's a long time ago I used that function to fix my notebook, but IF I don't remember wrong it does not delete anything perhaps installed programs, but not files... but to be sure, you could take a backup on the files you need if it's not there after the restoring.
Asus G73SW-91058V 3D
- BIOS 205

fuzon1337 wrote:
It worked when you didn't have nothing on ?

About when restoring your notebook to an earlier point when it worked, I'm not sure if it deletes any files or programs that you have installed in the time after it stopped working.

It's a long time ago I used that function to fix my notebook, but IF I don't remember wrong it does not delete anything perhaps installed programs, but not files... but to be sure, you could take a backup on the files you need if it's not there after the restoring.

well i mean it worked the first 2 days,
and i jus found out that the FN + F2 (wireless config) dosnt work either >.> ...

fuzon1337
Level 10
Hmm.... when you bought your notebook did it follow a CD named "Driver & Utility" or something like that?

If it followed, uninstall the ATK package and use the drivers from the CD. That is the correct main drivers and perhaps not the same driver version as on the Asus Support site
Asus G73SW-91058V 3D
- BIOS 205

fuzon1337 wrote:
Hmm.... when you bought your notebook did it follow a CD named "Driver & Utility" or something like that?

If it followed, uninstall the ATK package and use the drivers from the CD. That is the correct main drivers and perhaps not the same driver version as on the Asus Support site

WTH! why i didnt think of that! xD nice idea!

fuzon1337
Level 10
Hehe, that I don't know.

It's easy to forget what we get with the notebooks we buy 😉
Asus G73SW-91058V 3D
- BIOS 205