cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Undervolting G751 with Intel Extreme Utility, help needed! [SOLVED]

MikkoAA
Level 7
So I recently got my G751 laptop and I've been trying to get into undervolting mainly (not really interested in overclocking).

So I heard Intel Extreme utility is good tool for undervolting, but I'm just bad at using it, I think.

I don't really know what to undervolt since there appears to be 100 different variations of core voltage settings.

So if I'm right I can only undervolt CPU in this tool but is there ways to reduce voltage on GPU as well, or perhaps I missed that option.

What are the recommended settings, or what do you guys run?

I got currently (In Advanced Settings):
Prosessor Input Voltage: Default (Should I even touch this?)
Prosessor Analog IO Voltage Offset: -75mV
Prosessor Digital IO Voltage Offset: -25mV
I didn't touch any other settings as I don't want to put more stress on CPU by overclocking and underclocking kinda beats the purpose of buying new laptop.

So yeah a ton of help would be welcome here :), just mainly trying to set computer run with smaller temperatures and to have long lifespan.

Prosessor 2.6 GHz 4720HQ
Graphics card Nvidia Geforce GTX 965M

EDIT: Solved just go and lower Core Voltage Offset 🙂
5 REPLIES 5

MikkoAA
Level 7
Or perhaps I should use MSI Afterburner since it seems to come up with better monitoring tools...?

EDIT: Seems that I can't do that in MSI Afterburner, maybe because I'm not using MSI laptop I guess, so I'll guess I'll just use MSI for video recording and monitoring and Intel XU to lower voltage?

rcarlos243
Level 7
Don't touch the Analog and Digital IO.

The only setting you want to change is Dynamic CPU Voltage Offset which controls the voltage to CPU cores.

-25mV would be a good start

As for the GPU, there is no way to undervolt GTX 965M or any maxwell GPU atm (unless you want to risk DiY=Do it you own BIOS mod).

MikkoAA
Level 7
I'm pretty sure there's no bars of "Dynamic CPU Voltage Offset", just a disabled yes/no button to enable it, so is this referring to the first option
"Processor Input Voltage"? But that bar doesn't appear to have ways to lower the voltage, just increase it... or I'm just misunderstanding the option...

This is the correct version to run right? http://i.imgur.com/k4Hn0ZZ.png

Edweird
Level 10
"Core Voltage Offset" is the one you need, it's to the left.

MikkoAA
Level 7
Ok that seems to do the trick.

Thanks Bro!