Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

problem g74sx

DarthBlazer
Level 7
So basicly this is what happend,
i went to the store to buy a new laptop i had saved up enough money to buy one
i was going to buy a really expensive one so i thought ill go for a 3D gaming laptop
when i entered the store i went to the help desk since these guys normally know their stuff
i asked him if they had any 3d laptops he said yes we have the asus g74sx it has a 3d screen and comes with glasses
so i took that one costed me 1999 euros when i got home i noticed their was no glasses in it so i though well ok maybe u need to buy them apart or something ,i start googleing my laptops model wich is asus g74sx-tz117v BE and i start reading articles about it doesnt have a 3d screen or neither cant play 3d games even if i would buy those expensive glasses i cant find any information on the web that it can and i know it prolly cant but im still hoping for the best since i already thrown out the receipt of it what would mean i wasted alot of money on a laptop that isnt even 3d i hope u guys can put some light on this issue im planning to go back to the store one of these days since they sold me the wrong laptop i suspect even though i wont have much chance returning since th receipt is gone....

thx already
33 REPLIES 33

fuzon1337
Level 10
Hi

It sounds like either the reseller gave you the wrong notebook when you bought it, or they ripped you off!

If you did use a VISA card when you bought it, you still have a chance that you got a confirmation that you have purched this product in their store.

Did you sign up any warranty with store/leave information or something like that ? Perhaps they still got the receipt in their system (since we live in a such technology world, it could be saved under your name) 🙂
Asus G73SW-91058V 3D
- Intel Centrino Ultimate-N 6300
- BIOS 205

DarthBlazer
Level 7
I didnt use my VISA i payed with my other bank card ill check if i can do something with that
and i didnt take the warranty since it costed an extra 150 euros ....and i mostly dont break my stuff so quick
i will go back to the store and tell them about this though see what they can do
this laptop does have 0 chance of running 3d games right? because when i enter my nvdia settings there is a tab 3D settings from wich i first thought it was the right one... and the sticker says nvidia 3dtvplay also when i google the price i sort of payed as much as the one that has a 3d screen.. thx for responding!

FenrirMH
Level 9
Sounds to me like the guy didnt have a clue, just checked your specs here http://arpex.be/product.php?id_product=880 and your right it doesnt allow 3D playback.

My advice is to take you statment for whichever card your used and take the laptop back, you shouldn't need the actual receipt as you can prove you purchased the notebook with your card statement, also will help you to print out the spec sheet I've included, showng them that the notebook isn't 3D capable AT ALL, it doesn't say on the spec sheet, but you can clearly see that the display is a simple 1920x1080 Full HD, where as if it was a 3D machine it would have for example 17.3" ASUS Color-Shine, 3D 120Hz, 1920x1080 FULL HD Resolution as the Nvidia 3D Vision emitter is located in the screen itself, therefore you would just need a pair of glasses which by all accounts would be included in the box along with a ROG GX800 mouse, ROG backpack and SteelSeries Siberia Full Headset.

They have mis-sold you a product, so you are well in your customer rights to take the notebook back and request a 3D model or a FULL refund.
We Adapt, We Survive

G74Sx-91131Z, i7 2630QM 2GHz, 8GB DDR3 1333mhz RAM, 1.5TB HDD, Nvidia 3GB GTX560M, 3D Vision

Always have your stuff when you need it with @Dropbox. 2GB account is free! http://db.tt/maQR6oe2

DarthBlazer
Level 7
thanks this will help do you maybe have a spec sheet of the 3d version? i will include this also

FenrirMH
Level 9
Sorry DarthBlazer, unfortunatley a 3D model isn't listed on the site I linked too and with all the different model numbers it's hard to find the right one, though as far as i can tell the same model is used for both 3D and non-3D which is annoying, actually their might be away to check, where the webcam is located at the top of the panel, if i can remember and bearing in mind my G74Sx is at home, so I can't check, next to the webcam lens, think it's to the left of the webcam lens you should see a little 3D sort of logo or similar, this is next to a 2nd lens (this is the 3D emitter). Will check when I get back from work though, but if i remember (old age, lol) Yo can def tell theres a 2nd lens and a 3d box logo furthermost left of the webcam lens. Sorry I can't be more specific 😞
We Adapt, We Survive

G74Sx-91131Z, i7 2630QM 2GHz, 8GB DDR3 1333mhz RAM, 1.5TB HDD, Nvidia 3GB GTX560M, 3D Vision

Always have your stuff when you need it with @Dropbox. 2GB account is free! http://db.tt/maQR6oe2

dont worry bro really thx you have been a great help!

i would like to add that in my nvidia folder there are two icons :Enable 3D vision and Disable 3D vision none of these do something when i click it but its weird these things are on it if it doesnt support 3D

JRd1st
Level 12
The notebook can do 3D through HDMI to a 3D compatible monitor/TV. But that doesn't change the fact that you were supposed to get the model with 3D screen and glasses according to the salesperson. Return that one and demand the 3D model at the same price. Talk to the manager, do whatever it takes to get satisfaction!!!

This thing with all the different model numbers is like the "Tower of Bable" of G74's. Too many people buying lesser models by mistake. :mad:
Read the User's Manual for more info. 😄

G74SX-A1 BIOS 203
Intel 6230 WiFi/BT
LG E2350 LED LCD Monitor
Intel Series 510 120 GB SSD

Drivers, Apps and How To's
Latest nVidia Drivers

JRd1st on DeviantArt.com

JRd1st wrote:
The notebook can do 3D through HDMI to a 3D compatible monitor/TV. But that doesn't change the fact that you were supposed to get the model with 3D screen and glasses according to the salesperson. Return that one and demand the 3D model at the same price. Talk to the manager, do whatever it takes to get satisfaction!!!

This thing with all the different model numbers is like the "Tower of Bable" of G74's. Too many people buying lesser models by mistake. :mad:

+1

Lol... Same issue here in China. Why couldn't ASUS just make it generic to all its laptop model-names worldwide?

Just with the G74 model alone, there are dozens of variations if one would search them by regions.:confused:

...and one bad case scenario is this by DarthBlazer.

@DarthBlazer,

I agree with the rest. You have all the rights to demand the equivalent of what you have paid for.
Hope all will be well regarding your situation..
ASUS G74SX-3DE

PILGRIM wrote:
+1

Lol... Same issue here in China. Why couldn't ASUS just make it generic to all its laptop model-names worldwide?

Just with the G74 model alone, there are dozens of variations if one would search them by regions.:confused:

@DarthBlazer,

I agree with the rest. You have all the rights to demand the equivalent of what you have paid for.
Hope all will be well regarding your situation..

Asus should have 3 base models; the G74sx-A1 (192 bit gfx bus), G74sx-B1 (128 bit gfx bus), G74sx-3DE (192 bid gfx bus and 3D display, glasses, etc) all other model names should be prefaced with those base names. ie G74sx-A1-750h could have only 1 750GB HDD instead of the 2 the normal A1 has. And Asus should require that all resellers use this naming scheme.

This scheme would give the buyer a better chance to figure out what he was buying before he bought it and came here confused, sorry, and ready to blame Asus. Not to mention the thousands that never even find out that they got something less than they intended to buy.
Read the User's Manual for more info. 😄

G74SX-A1 BIOS 203
Intel 6230 WiFi/BT
LG E2350 LED LCD Monitor
Intel Series 510 120 GB SSD

Drivers, Apps and How To's
Latest nVidia Drivers

JRd1st on DeviantArt.com