Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: problem g74sx

I have but then I'm normally on a plane back to the UK, so I would really be S.O.L lol. Still I would of thought you would have a similar system to protect consumers, Brody. After all if he's paid in euro he's in a EU country, I know you can be S.O.L in a few places, but surely every country has a way of protecting it's consumers, the economy's not that good. It might be worthwhile seeing if you have a consumer watchdog program like we have in the UK (actually there's a few) and get in touch with them, most companies don't want bad publicity and they might accept your notebook back as a "good will gesture" (yeah right). Never had a problem with any of my tech (fingers crossed, always brought from proper tech stores (Best Buy, Sony etc and if I buy online I use ebuyer.com and scan.co.uk normally). Hope you can sort it out DarthBlazer as I think my G74Sx is great, apart from all the crap ASUS installed on it, lol and I choose it over an Alienware M17x (actually it was a M11x and M14x too due to the expense of upgrading the forementioned notebooks to the G74Sx's spec).
    Last edited by FenrirMH; 12-21-2011 at 11:26 PM.

ROG Guru: Black Belt Array

Sure, we have a fairly decent array of consumer protections. But you typically must be able to document the purchase, and the receipt is the most common way to do that.

ROG Member Array

the reseller is Media Market( Media Markt in dutch) im from Belgium well as i said they only could take it back if i had all the boxes in a good state cuz now they said they have to send it back to ASUS to repack the stuff,in my head its like thats a little trouble or they could do it themself i think its their ways of saying FU ur 2k euros is ours now since they know i wanted a 3D and they dont sell that version it seems they just want to hold on to my money i cant do much about it since they asked me in how far i used to laptop ofc i lied but like product register stuff and all that was done so basicly i already used it and they cant take it back i also installed one game on it update bios put the ATK thingy on it so if i would go on with them and they check what ive already done with this laptop then i stand nowhere....it was pretty late that i found out it wasnt 3d but then again i never used much computers or anything i always played ps3 and i chose this laptop also over alienware mx17 cuz a friend said it was the best gamer brand their is but they dont sell those in stores in belgium :d

ROG Guru: Black Belt Array JRd1st's Avatar

You could always buy a 3d capable external monitor and glasses.....
    Read the User's Manual for more info.

G74SX-A1 BIOS 203
    Intel 6230 WiFi/BT
    LG E2350 LED LCD Monitor
    Intel Series 510 120 GB SSD

Drivers, Apps and How To's
    Latest nVidia Drivers

JRd1st on DeviantArt.com

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by JRd1st View Post
    You could always buy a 3d capable external monitor and glasses.....
    then whats the point of having a laptop?
    if i wanted a 3d monitor i would have bought a desktop

ROG Guru: Black Belt Array JRd1st's Avatar

Many users, me included, use these notebooks as desktop replacements.
    Read the User's Manual for more info.

G74SX-A1 BIOS 203
    Intel 6230 WiFi/BT
    LG E2350 LED LCD Monitor
    Intel Series 510 120 GB SSD

Drivers, Apps and How To's
    Latest nVidia Drivers

JRd1st on DeviantArt.com

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by JRd1st View Post
    Many users, me included, use these notebooks as desktop replacements.
    i can understand but this is not why i bought a laptop,i bought it because its portable and i can take it to friends or on vacations,
    also i shouldnt be spending more money on tvs or monitors since they convinced me this was the 3D version with 3D screen
    neither do i have the money to buy more stuff since this already costed me enough...

Believe me the G74Sx isn't that portable mate, it's heavy, cumbersome and you need a large work (esp if using a mouse) and you will always need the charger as the battery life is a little over 2hrs, even with Power4Gear. JRd1st is right tho, the G74Sx is mainly a desktop replacement for many users (cuts out the cluttter of a tower), me included due it's size and weight, stopped bringing mine to work, just due to the weight and hassle of packing it all up.
    Last edited by FenrirMH; 12-21-2011 at 11:28 PM.

TeamROG Moderator Array xeromist PC Specs
    xeromist PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)Dell Inspiron 15 7567
    MotherboardMSI x470 Gaming Plus
    ProcessorAMD 2600X
    Memory (part number)16GB Crucial Ballistix Elite 3600
    Graphics Card #1ASUS GTX 1080 Strix
    MonitorBenQ BL3200PT
    Storage #1Intel 600p NVMe
    CPU CoolerWraith
    Casecustom Antec 900
    Power SupplyCorsair HX1000
    Keyboard Logitech Orion Spark
    Mouse Logitech MX500
    Headset Plantronics 777 with Oregon Aero upgrade

If you're worried about sending it back with your stuff on it, just do a factory restore (F9 during boot).
    * Support disease research with Folding@Home *

< < < Click the drop-down above my avatar for my PC specs!

ROG Guru: Black Belt Array

Quote Originally Posted by xeromist View Post
    If you're worried about sending it back with your stuff on it, just do a factory restore (F9 during boot).
    A slight variation on this theme that's even better: if you happen to have an old laptop HDD laying around, do the factory restore onto it, and keep your own drives safely at home when you send it in.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast