cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maximus viii extreme vs extreme assembly

santz76
Level 8
I'm confused is the assembly board a special edition or did ASUS scrap the original viii extreme board shown in early August? And only releasing the assembly edition. I hope not I really want that gunmetal, red, color not a fan of the copper!!!
87 REPLIES 87

DamianStr
Level 8
I think the will release all two versions of the Maximus viii Extreme

DamianStr
Level 8
But does someone knows why Asus take so much times to Release the Maximus viii Extreme mobo's ? It's a bit annoying if you waiting for the mobo's while you will build a new system

DamianStr wrote:
But does someone knows why Asus take so much times to Release the Maximus viii Extreme mobo's ? It's a bit annoying if you waiting for the mobo's while you will build a new system

Their description of the I/O means it is using an Intel Alpine Ridge Thunderbolt 3/USB 3.1 Gen 2 controller on it. Gigabyte seemed to have an exclusivity deal with Intel for the launch, but I'm guessing it will soon end and the M8E will be launched at that point.

Skunk wrote:
Their description of the I/O means it is using an Intel Alpine Ridge Thunderbolt 3/USB 3.1 Gen 2 controller on it. Gigabyte seemed to have an exclusivity deal with Intel for the launch, but I'm guessing it will soon end and the M8E will be launched at that point.

Hello

Gigabyte does not have any type of exclusive deal regarding Alpine Ridge. Initial bootup of the board a few days ago. Maximus VIII Extreme - Corsair Vengeance LPX (X99) 2800 4x4GB. XMP 1 profile.

I'm searching every hour to see if its up for sale yet in the United States.

I think I'll just leave this thread open in my browser in hopes that someone else here will be keeping a lookout (and posting about it), too.

This MoBo is the last piece I need for my new computer build. 🙂

Praz wrote:
Hello

Gigabyte does not have any type of exclusive deal regarding Alpine Ridge. Initial bootup of the board a few days ago. Maximus VIII Extreme - Corsair Vengeance LPX (X99) 2800 4x4GB. XMP 1 profile.

I was just relaying what Anandtech reported a while back and what has been observed on the market so far. This looks to be the first non-Gigabyte board with Alpine Ridge to enter the market.

DamianStr
Level 8
And Asus Say in the new post: http://rog.asus.com/442662015/maximus-motherboards/ifa-2015-rog-maximus-viii-extremeassembly-and-mat...

German champion case modder – Ali Abbas got the chance to use the Maximus VIII and the Matrix in his latest creation! Both the ROG Maximus VIII Extreme and ROG Matrix GTX 980 Ti are scheduled to be released before you can say happy new year.

santz76
Level 8
I believe that release date is the assembly edition, I would really like to know if they are releasing the original shown last month

santz76 wrote:
I believe that release date is the assembly edition, I would really like to know if they are releasing the original shown last month

They have already stated that wasn't a real M8E motherboard.