cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crazy lag on CS:GO and other games

Dongleboo
Level 7
Hello fellas,

I am writing here, because I'm really tired of this problem.
I was playing the game on my old laptop ( Acer 8935G ) without problems and without lag. The same goes for Insurgency. Now though, for some reason I get super nasty rubber-banding all the time on both games. I've tried to "live with it" for almost a year but I've had enough. Please someone help me resolve the issue.
I hope it's not a defective WLAN card.
I've uninstalled Asus Game Center and also updated the drivers to the most recent ones(from August 2015). What could be the cause of this? The interesting thing is that I'm running net graph in CS and the numbers don't indicate problems of any kind ( 30-40 ping, loss and choke at 0% all the time) . Yet the lag is enormous. My cousin also has the G751 and when we're using the same network I'm lagging and he isn't.
5 REPLIES 5

aeolisio
Level 10
If you used the search feature at the top you would see dozens of threads and solutions. Please search before you make a new thread for us to answer. You can search as well as i.
https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?57190-G751-WLAN-Heavy-Lags-Rubberbanding&highlight=rubberb...
https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?71955-High-ping-Lag-Spikes-Rubberbanding-on-my-G751JY&high...
3d printed parts and accessories for the G751. You know you want something better than OEM ->https://www.shapeways.com/shops/aeolisio[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

InfernoStorm
Level 10
Well you can easily check if its WLAN, just plug in Ethernet cable and test if you get the same thing. It looks more like a possible virus issue, which is causing you to lag. Could also be an issue with your video card drivers.

Dongleboo
Level 7
The lag is clearly from the internet connection, because it's visible to all other players.
As for the already existing threads - the fact that I ask again means that I've tried everything that was suggested and it didn't work. Maybe there's a little bit of a difference, but the problems persist.

I did the regedit as well. I forgot to mention this before. It also doesn't matter what network I'm on.
As for the virus issue - it's been like that since day 1 and it's pretty unlikely.

The drivers are auto-updated and right now I'm running on 355.82. How can the GPU affect the WLAN?

Dongleboo wrote:
... As for the already existing threads - the fact that I ask again means that I've tried everything that was suggested and it didn't work. ...

No no it doesn't mean this at all 99% of the time it means that no searching has been done. Otherwise you would be posting to those already existing threads, additionally your response indicates the same as well as there many other things in those threads that you do not mention trying. So it is not remotely apparent that you have done your due diligence.

frozenashes2
Level 7
I believe recently it was discussed on how to lower your Ping based on your wifi always searching for new networks... may help. Search for it though.
ROG G551JW - i7 - 4720HQ - GTX 960 2GB - 16GB RAM
ROG G751 - i7- 4710HQ - GTX 970M 3GB - 16GB RAM