cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Congratulations ASUS you've lost a customer for life

LumpyCustard
Level 7
All of the ASUS motherboards i've ever bought have been reliable and served me well. When it came time to upgrade, based on my track record, i'd buy another ASUS motherboard as the ones i previously bought were reliable, worked well, and the drivers didn't give me problems.

ASUS built up BRAND LOYALTY over the last decade i've been buying their products. They provided me with good quality products which made the choice to upgrade very simple -- buy more ASUS products.

This time around they have achieved the opposite. I've owned a Xonar Phoebus sound card for just over a year and already it's obsolete. Their new STRIX RAID DLX sound card supports Windows 10, while the Xonar Phoebus is left behind with no news or information for the last few months.

Windows 10 is not a new operating system, the BETA was out for months and manufacturers as well as OEM's were provided with driver support information by Microsoft a very long time ago. Most leading PC manufacturers had first party dirvers ready for Windows 10 on release day... But not ASUS.

Now you've got users downloading older drivers, hacking ini files, running drivers in compatibility mode, and doing all sorts of silly workarounds in order to get old features back that were removed without warning (flex bass, dolby over S/PDIF). What a joke.

The funny thing is, in time, i would have upgraded to the STRIX RAID DLX because i'm going to be building a new computer in the next few weeks.

Thanks to this treatment ASUS have done two things.

1) My new machine will have *NO* ASUS branded components. No ASUS motherboard, sound card, or graphics card.
2) I will not be buying any of their sound cards ever again, and will let all my friends and colleagues know to stay away from them.

Great job ASUS, you've lost a customer.

GARBAGE. So ****ing annoyed right now.
19 REPLIES 19

Castiell07
Level 7
Exactly. Asus lose me too.
Good Job Asus.

damirbegic
Level 7
garbage brand... im done for life.

p.s. had just one part in my computer from asus and even this little part couldnt keep me satisfied with the brand... what a joke.

Glasofruix
Level 8
I don't think they care.

Veggie
Level 7
Same here. No more asus for me!

Dicehunter
Level 10
I bought a Creative ZXR yesterday and sold my Phoebus, The sound quality is actually better I should have done this a while ago.

Creative have had the driver out for around a month now for Windows 10.

Never buying Asus ever again and I will actively warn people to stay away from Asus as it's clear they have no respect for their customers.

Operation_Nadet
Level 7
Der Support ist wirklich Mangelware. Was habt ihr euch dabei nur gedacht, Asus? Eure nächste Soundkarten- Generation soll wieder einen C- Media
Chip haben, der Support wird womöglich genauso wie bei der Phoebus durch Abwesenheit glänzen!
Phoebus Cartel still exists!
Mainboard:ASUS +6H
GPU: GTX 1080 Auros Gigabyte
CPU: R5 1600X stock
PSU: Be quiet straight power 10 500W
RAM: Trident Z DDR4 3600 @3,2 Ghz CL16

Florin
Level 7
I was about to buy the ASUS MG279Q 27 inch 4ms black monitor but after seeing how badly they treat the sound card section i won`t be buying anything ASUS from now on.

Such a big company and such a crappy support is not worthy to be on top anymore. Look at Apple for instance (and i hate Apple also) they ask premium price for their products but also give premium support ... ASUS asks premium price and can`t afford to pay few guys to answer on their forums... and this not even on regular products ... we are talking about ROG series ...
i7-4790k + Corsair H80i | Asus Maximus VII Ranger | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1866 | Sapphire R9-290 OC Vapor-X 4GB | Asus Xonar Phoebus + Audio Technica M50 | 1xSSD Corsair 120 GB | 4x1 TB Seagate HDD | Corsair CX750M | Corsair Carbide 300R | Razer Taipan + Logitech G11 | Windows 10 64bit

I gave up on ASUS years ago because of their poor customer service... I will not buy another ASUS/ROG product until that changes...

On another note, I thought the new sound card was based on an ESS chipset.

Tellus
Level 7
I agree fully with OP, no more ASUS products for me and I can't even count how much money I have spent on ASUS gear up to this point. Nor will I recommend ASUS to anyone else. Which may sound like an empty threat but I create computer builds on a daily basis for others.

Bad word of mouth spreads a lot faster then any commercial will ever do.
| Sabertooth p67 rev b | i7 2600k @4,8GHz | 2x8GB 2133MHz Corsair | MSI GamingX GTX 1080@2125MHz | 256GB Samsung 840Pro | MX300 1TB | 2x 120GB Intel 510 | Xonar Phoebus | Zalman ZM-850HP | Logitech G810 & SS Rival 500 | Acer Z35 |