cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G750jm Immediate shutdown on Startup

FreddyRivera
Level 7
it started happening yesterday if im not mistaken, first boot will shutdown after 3-4sec then the second boot will be normal. i search for the forum and google, none really have answer and fix mine... but i do find out if i am not plug in then first boot is normal.. when i plugged in then the first failed and second work... can anyone point out the culprit. but i only try the not plugged in once. oh and i did try even without plugged in and just battery, the problem still there.
17 REPLIES 17

redduc900
Level 9
If you haven't already tried updating the BIOS, you might want to consider flashing to the latest v.207 revision.
Laptop: Asus G750JZ

yes i havent but where do i get that version? the Asus 750jm site seems not updated
, and i cant find any latest bios for my JM

redduc900 wrote:
If you haven't already tried updating the BIOS, you might want to consider flashing to the latest v.207 revision.

I have just flash my bios to 207, now im waiting for the result.. Thanks

FreddyRivera
Level 7
naahh ... still...

Maxter
Level 9
FreddyRivera wrote:
it started happening yesterday if im not mistaken, first boot will shutdown after 3-4sec then the second boot will be normal. i search for the forum and google, none really have answer and fix mine... but i do find out if i am not plug in then first boot is normal.. when i plugged in then the first failed and second work... can anyone point out the culprit. but i only try the not plugged in once. oh and i did try even without plugged in and just battery, the problem still there.

I had this exact problem. I'm with G750JW. This started happening after I upgraded to Win 10. I noticed that when I plugged in below 20%, the problem was very reproducible. I think the culprit is a TDR issue with the graphics card. I bet if you go into safemode, you can plug and unplug with no crash; that's because nvidia drivers are not running. Do you use sleepmode often? I disabled it and all the problems went away.

Maxter wrote:
I had this exact problem. I'm with G750JW. This started happening after I upgraded to Win 10. I noticed that when I plugged in below 20%, the problem was very reproducible. I think the culprit is a TDR issue with the graphics card. I bet if you go into safemode, you can plug and unplug with no crash; that's because nvidia drivers are not running. Do you use sleepmode often? I disabled it and all the problems went away.

i use sleepmode, i have disable all .. i'll see what happen next, thank you

FreddyRivera
Level 7
this problem still happen. im using win 10 by the way

redduc900
Level 9
You flashed the G750JMAS.207 BIOS file using the Windows BIOS Flash Utility (Winflash), then entered the BIOS setup and selected "Load Optimized Defaults"?
Laptop: Asus G750JZ

so far its good now, but wait till i get home and try again, thanks Bro, lol i thiught restore defaults and LOad optimized are the same thing