cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

no headphones in sound upgraded to win10 gl551jw

Nogewdz
Level 7
upgraded from windows 8 to windows 10. I cant for the life of me find valid drivers or figure out what I am doing wrong. I can not get my headphones to work.

Keep in mind this is an inline mic port so I am using my samsung s6 headphones.. they were working fine with windows 8.1 and windows 7 pro and now I am on windows 10 pro and no luck.

gl551jw

UPDATE: FIxed... Resolution was to install windows driver in compatibility mode to windows 7 ran as administrator
12 REPLIES 12

Black_Phoenix
Level 8
But you have sound without the headphones? didn't the volume from the headphone line is all the way down or muted? I know that it's a stupid question but since Windows 7 that the Sound Mixer have different settings of volume for the main, applications and other line ports.

The Asus Support website under the drivers for Windows 10 didn't have any update for the Audio Ones.

Nogewdz
Level 7
they are connected but when they are plugged in they do not appear in the playback devices. I am prompted with some audio software from realtek and informs me of an analog jack being used and it asks me headphones headet or speaker out. I select headphones or headset and no audio nor speaker out just to test.. i cant do anything. i have sound through the speakers on the notebook but no support for the inline mic/headset port.

toronto699
Level 13
I don't know if these W10 Realtek drives will help ,
http://www.realtek.com.tw/DOWNLOADS/downloadsView.aspx?Langid=1&PNid=24&PFid=24&Level=4&Conn=3&DownT... Definition Audio Codecs

Nogewdz
Level 7
Ive tried those thank you

Nogewdz wrote:
Ive tried those thank you

Im assumiong you already checked mute and the volume settings along with different default and supported formats in the properties/advanced tab of the playback devices. If so you may want to try a mini tos optical out assuming the gl551 supports it as the g751 does. I have seen a headset jack recover from using the optical out and switching back to a headphone after.
3d printed parts and accessories for the G751. You know you want something better than OEM ->https://www.shapeways.com/shops/aeolisio[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Nogewdz
Level 7
I still don't have any audio or any signs that its recognizing my headphones in the right analog jack of my gl551jw I have sound but no sound from headphones still nor do the appear in the playback devices of my sound tabs. I don't want to go back to windows 8 and windows 7 is nice but I like windows 10

Black_Phoenix
Level 8
I will make a stupid remark but please bear with me:

Normally Asus has an ATK ACPI driver that it's used for Power Control and most of the options that Asus PCs support (Asus Probe, On Screen Display, Keyboard Special Keys, etc). Asus released one for the Windows 10, had you installed it?

It didn't have anything to be with the sound, that's it's controlled by their own chipset, but It doesn't bother trying, right? That's why I said that it's stupid, but since not having that driver makes lot's of functions of the notebook not working, you could try it please? I can do it because I still waiting some months to update from Windows 8.1, until all the shady things about the "Dial Home bits" are finally explained deeply and solved.

Black Phoenix wrote:
I will make a stupid remark but please bear with me:

Normally Asus has an ATK ACPI driver that it's used for Power Control and most of the options that Asus PCs support (Asus Probe, On Screen Display, Keyboard Special Keys, etc). Asus released one for the Windows 10, had you installed it?

It didn't have anything to be with the sound, that's it's controlled by their own chipset, but It doesn't bother trying, right? That's why I said that it's stupid, but since not having that driver makes lot's of functions of the notebook not working, you could try it please? I can do it because I still waiting some months to update from Windows 8.1, until all the shady things about the "Dial Home bits" are finally explained deeply and solved.

not stupid. I have tried this and installed all available windows 10 files

Nogewdz
Level 7
Anyone please?