cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TPM with 14-1 pins for Maximus VIII Ranger?

paradigmic
Level 7
Are there any TPMs available with the 14-1 pin setup that the Maximus VIII Ranger and other Z170 boards need?

The only Asus or other TPM I can find are 20-1 pins and won't fit at all. Even the Asus site doesn't have any 14-1 pin modules available or mention their existence.
4 REPLIES 4

salih
Level 7
I am also looking for 14-1 module for hero version.

I contacted Asus technical support and they told me to contact the Asus E-store. I emailed the E-store and they told me they didn't have anything.

Based on this, I don't think anyone knows if there will ever be an appropriate TPM available.

MSI makes a 14-1 pin TPM, but I compared the pin assignments in the Asus and MSI manuals and they are different, so they are not compatible.

I had a similar experience in where I called Asus and they had no idea what I was talking about. I actually tried the MSI TPM and it didn't work, as you gathered from looking at the pin configuration. PC wouldn't even POST with that attached to the motherboard.

I was also looking for this. Finally found it, thought I would share; http://www.pcconnection.com/product/asus-14-1-pin-tpm-module/tpm-m/30865785?cac=Result

Cheap too.