Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array

Anyone tried the BIOS version 1001? It was released recently, maybe someone with the board can try and see if this fixes the problem.

Link: http://www.asus.com/Motherboards/MAX...Desk_Download/

ROG Member Array salih PC Specs
    salih PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus Maximus VIII Hero
    ProcessorIntel 6700K
    Memory (part number)G.SKILL F4-2400C15Q-16GRR
    Graphics Card #1Asus STRIX-GTX970-DC2OC-4GD5
    MonitorASUS VG248QE
    Storage #1Kingston SSDNow v300
    CPU CoolerCooler Master Hyper 212 EVO
    CaseCorsair Vengeance® C70
    Power SupplyCorsair HX850i
    Keyboard Logitech g710+
    Mouse Logitech g300s
    Headset Logitech g35
    OS Windows 10

I confirm that uninstalling ai tweaker fixed my reboot problem.

ROG Member Array

I update the bios to 1001 last week.
    But i still could not shut down pc normally after update until i clear the bios by pushing the button at the bottom of the MB (Clear CMOS).
    My pc can now shut down normally.

ROG Member Array

After pushing the button at the bottom of MB to clear the CMOS
    My pc can now shut down normally.
    The problem mentioned at the tittle of this thread is not occur for almost a week.
    Suggest everyone clear the bios.

New ROGer Array

Guys i had this same issue when my ram was installed in slots 1 and 3. Fans would go crazy but no display whatsoever.
    I moved them to 2 and 4 and it´s all good now. let me know if it worked.

New ROGer Array

Fixed

Hey everyone. Just some feedback regarding this issue. I'd been dealing with it basically since I bought the board. I also updated to Windows 10 at the same time. I'd been treating it like a win10 issue the whole time as this doesn't seem to be an uncommon issue for people across many platforms. But it got to a point that every time I had to manually power down the PC it wouldn't boot back up right away. It would eventually turn on saying my overclock died, even though I wasn't overclocking. I finally bit the bullet and bought another Asus Maximus VIII hero and replaced the original one. It's now been almost 3 full days and haven't had the problem yet. Even better on top of that the overall performance seems to have improved noticeably.

So if you are at your witt's end, I recommend contacting Asus to get an RMA. I can't afford to wait for an RMA board to return so I just bought a new one and will use the repaired board in another s ystem I have. Hopefully this helps anyone who has just been putting up with the issue. And just as an FYI I had replaced RAM/PSU/Video card and disconnected all peripherals over the months as I deal with the problem. Also re seatted everything originally when the struggle first began. Hope this helps!

New ROGer Array bluntfest PC Specs
    bluntfest PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)Alienware 15
    MotherboardASUS Z170-a, MSI Z170A GAMING M7
    ProcessorIntel i5-6500 (OC), Intel i5-6600k (OC)
    Memory (part number)32GB PNY Anarchy (4x8GB), 32GB Crucial Ballistix Sport LT (4x8GB)
    Graphics Card #1EVGA GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB Superclocked+ ACX 2.0+ Video Card
    Graphics Card #2XFX Radeon R9 390X 8GB Double Dissipation Video Card
    MonitorDell P2415Q 60Hz 23.8" Monitor

ASUS Z170 Reboot Issue

For those still facing this issue- I am running the following:

ASUS Z170-a
    Intel i5-6600k OC'd @ 4700mhz
    EVGA GTX 980Ti
    32GB Crucial Ballistix Sport
    Windows 10 64bit

I had an issue with normal shutdown (wasn't shutting down, would just sit there with no display and fans/CPU running) and was getting constant errors in Event Viewer related to the AiChargerPlus driver(s), all of which started on the same day - I can't recall exactly, but I think it was the day I installed Ai Suite 3. Yesterday, I uninstalled Ai Suite 3 and turned off fast boot via Windows 10 Control Panel (Power Options->System Settings->click the Change settings that are currently unavailable link, then look for Shutdown settings) - now my computer shuts down properly and no more driver-related errors in Event Viewer. Boom. Hope that helps someone.

-bluntfest

ROG Member Array jxdking PC Specs
    jxdking PC Specs
    MotherboardASUS Z170 MAXIMUS VIII GENE
    ProcessorINTEL i5 6600K
    Memory (part number)CMK16GX4M2A2400C14
    Graphics Card #1ASUS Radeon R9 270
    MonitorAOC I2379VHE
    Storage #1Samsung 850 EVO M.2 Series 500GB
    Storage #2Toshiba 3TB 7,200 RPM SATA III
    CPU CoolerCooler Master Hyper 212 EVO
    CaseNZXT Classic Series Source 210
    Power SupplyCorsair RM750
    Headset/Speakers Yamaha HS5

I have experienced the same issue on my z170 (M8 Gene). Disabling sleep mode in Windows 7 seems solve my issue.

I always find sleep mode on desktop is buggy. My other z87(Gigabyte) rig also has issue that occasionally crash after it has been through sleep and wake up cycle.

During sleep mode, computer cuts off most of the power except DRAM to hold machine status.
    Last edited by jxdking; 04-07-2016 at 01:27 PM.

New ROGer Array

Arrow Anyone Resolve this Issue?

Has anyone found a solution to this issue?

Unfortunately, the issue is hard to replicate. It only happens if the pc is on for a few days. Actually, it always happens after playing minecraft. Nvidia driver related? It seems unlikely as Windows 10 appears to cleanly shut down. The MB just doesn't get the signal to warm reboot or ignores it for some reason.

Issue: When rebooting from Windows 10 after the computer has been on for some time, Windows appears to reboot normally, but there is no bios post or beep, monitor is black but fans run.
    Issue only happens if Windows has been up for at least 1 day or more.
    Last edited by Intrepid-FL; 09-18-2016 at 03:14 PM.

New ROGer Array

Post Found Solution

This is working for some. Unfortunately it's not a consistent solution for me.

You need to install an older Driver for Intel Management Engine Interface.

Try this one First: Intel MEI Driver v10.0.30.1054 INF for manual installation
    http://www.mediafire.com/download/27....0.30.1054.rar

If you still have reboot / restart / shutdown issues, try this one: Intel MEI Driver v9.5.24.1790 INF for manual installation
    http://www.mediafire.com/download/73....5.24.1790.rar

Source of above drivers - Under Section D1: http://www.win-raid.com/t596f39-Inte...tem-Tools.html

!!!!!!! IMPORTANT - Manual "Have Disk" Installation Required !!!!!!!

1. Go to Device Manager
    2. Scroll down to System Devices and expand group
    3. Double Click "Intel Management Engine Interface"
    4. Driver Tab >>> Update Driver
    5. Click Browse My Computer for Driver Software
    6. Click Let Me Pick From a List of Device Drivers on My Computer
    7. Click "Have Disk" !!!
    8. Browse to Driver Folder and Select "heci.inf"
    9. Click "Yes" you want to install the driver even though it might not be for your hardware.
    10. Complete Installation, Click OK and Reboot.

Important Notes: You can NOT use the self installer from Intel. It won't install on Windows 10. Just disabling Intel Management Engine Interface in device manager does not appear to resolve the problem.

Issue: When rebooting / restarting / shutting down Windows 10 after the computer has been on for some time, Windows appears to reboot normally, but there is no bios post or beep, monitor is black but fans run.
    Issue usually happens after playing a 3D game.
    Last edited by Intrepid-FL; 09-20-2016 at 03:36 AM.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast