cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Replacement laptop feet

Kong
Level 7
I have a G51JX-X3. One of the feet came off, and now it's missing. I know that there is at least one other thread concerning this same issue, but I figured Customer Service might have fixed their methods by now.

I would like Asus to send me a new replacement foot (or better yet, several; in case any more fall off and get lost). I can glue it on myself.

An Asus representative said a few months ago that some people have been able to get replacement feet sent to them (but many others have not). Here is the thread: http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?1331-Rubber-foot-came-off-or-is-this-how-laptop-tech-suppor...

So, my question is: can I get replacement feet sent to me or not?
11 REPLIES 11

dstrakele
Level 14
I recommend you PM MarshallR@ASUS with your request.
G74SX-A1 - stock hardware - BIOS 202 - 2nd Monitor VISIO VF551XVT

X-ROG
Level 15
I will forward this request to local US support.

So what do I do now? Is there a number I can call that will ensure I get replacement feet (and not have the entire bottom panel replaced)?

MarshallR@ASUS wrote:
I will forward this request to local US support.

I posted here in the "Rubber Feet" thread http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?15264-Rubber-Feet&p=163652#post163652

I am having this issue with my G74SX (which is detailed in the above mentioned and referenced thread post). Support will not replace the rubber feet without making me mail away my entire unit (which is not a possibility because I use my unit daily to work and generate income). The eStore is not selling the feet for the G73 any longer, so I am left with solving this myself. This is EXTREMELY frustrating and disappointing to me. Asus has been the best in customer support and product support for years; what is happening to that? Is it really too much to expect that common replacement parts be made available online for purchase at least?

From a financial point of view: Asus could make money on replacement parts like this and avoid warranty repair costs.

From a product support point of view: This is where Dell and Alienware have the edge on Asus... they make many more parts readily available for purchase.

I have escalated my ticket (#2096859) to the Fremont, CA Office (main office). I hope that they will follow up with me, though I suspect they will not and I will have to follow up with them. We shall see...

JRd1st
Level 12
Wait a few days and see what MarshallR@ASUS comes up with.
Read the User's Manual for more info. 😄

G74SX-A1 BIOS 203
Intel 6230 WiFi/BT
LG E2350 LED LCD Monitor
Intel Series 510 120 GB SSD

Drivers, Apps and How To's
Latest nVidia Drivers

JRd1st on DeviantArt.com

Kong
Level 7
Will do. Thanks for the prompt replies.

So... any solutions yet?

Lost one the rubber feet on mine too. When the laptop gets hot, it softens the adhesive and if you push it down into a bag, it can easily scrape off a piece or two.

I cut a piece of 120mil rubber EPDM patch for roofs. Works great and is very close to the same thickness.

Cyberdactyl wrote:
Lost one the rubber feet on mine too. When the laptop gets hot, it softens the adhesive and if you push it down into a bag, it can easily scrape off a piece or two.

I cut a piece of 120mil rubber EPDM patch for roofs. Works great and is very close to the same thickness.

I'll keep that in mind; thanks! Though if possible, I would like to get replacement feet because I think it would increase resale value.