cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PLease help G551JW Driver Power State Failure

loupas
Level 7
Hello,i have my Asus ROG G551JW-CN204H for about 2 weeks and two times i got blue screen and message Driver Power State Failure.
First time i was installing shadow of mordor and second time i was just reading a pdf file . Is this normal??I don't want to go back to the shop and give my new laptop for repair.

Also(maybe this is irrelevant) sometimes i get high pings for no reason for like 5 secs(league of legends) and also sometimes my pages at mozilla are loading really slow but when i press refresh they load immidiately ( maybe those are problems with my internet provider)

I am more concerned about the blue screen error. Is it normal?Please help me 🙂
9 REPLIES 9

Corporal
Level 9
Return it to the store for a replacement if you can.

loupas
Level 7
so you think it's not normal?? I thought that maybe it's a software related to my windows 8.1 and not a hardware problem. Maybe a format will help?? Running cpu-z ,gpu-z , hw monitor i don't see anything wrong with my temperatures.

Corporal
Level 9
Try a factory reset (PC Settings, Backup and restore, Restore..), run a stress test.

if it didn`t help, return it.

Black_Phoenix
Level 8
One question, when that happens you are using the PC via Battery or connected to power?

I got the same thing when I try to edit photos in my GL551JW (HDR Pro) on Adobe Photoshop or when using Adobe Premiere but only when the PC is running by battery.

The reason for what I've found is because of the configurations of the Intel Video Card (that Adobe apps use to some editing effects) that it's configured as Max Battery Performance instead of Max Graphic Performance (or something the like in the Intel Options).

Using the charger everything goes to Max Performance. What you need to do is change that options in the Power Options when in Battery (don't change from Balanced Profile to Max Performance Profile because in battery all the profiles in the Intel options are for Max Battery).

I'd love if it were a Power4Gear that controlled that in the GL551JW but it let's the Windows 8.1 controls it.

loupas
Level 7
thanks man i will try that and i will tell you if that happens again 🙂 but the first time this happened i was trying a big install of the game shadow of mordor (40gb ) and i tried to play league of legends . Maybe i put too much pressure because i have both of them at sd hard disk?

That wasn't the case in my opinion, the SSD should had deal with that easily. Although your case could be the following:

https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?61843-ASUS-ROG-GL551-series-GL551JW-DS71-BSOD-DRIVER-POWER...

Looks like that in this case it was the Intel Rapid Storage Driver. Since your case was during an installation of a game while trying to play another, it goes more into the spectrum of the Intel Rapid Storage Driver that the Intel GPU power states.

ZIXEL
Level 7
hi i have tha same issue power failluer state driver , and just when im setting video and power configurations , whne i started nvidia eperience trying to change things show me that blue window error i think is a driver , answer me if u have a driver without install in your pc
GG WP

I can recommend >>> http://voltground.com

I just play StarCraft II

On My GL551JW I'm using the last driver available not from the GL551JW support page but from the G551JW, that it's newer that the Nvidia one available in the GL551JW.

After that no more Power State Failure and it let's me choose in the Nvidia app which programs I want to use with the Nvidia GPU instead the Intel One (by default is the integrated one).

Probably that choice was available in the older drivers, but I don't remember seeing it.

loupas
Level 7
Well,i did clean install of windows 10 three days ago and i have not get an issue till now.I will search about that rapid store thing.I use the latest driver that geforce experience send to me for my gtx960 and i downloaded intel driver update utility for the intel stuff on my laptop.