cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G75VW - Fan Noise

ghazranka
Level 7
Hello, Just recently my left fan started making an incredible amount of noise constantly. This noise used to occur only briefly when booting up the computer but now it constantly is running full speed. I have cleaned both fans so dust does not seem to be the issue. The sound only occurs at higher RPMs as when I lightly blow to rotate the fan it makes a light mmmm just as the other fan but when a higher RPM is reached the loud sound occurs. If the fan is dying then where would I go about purchasing a replacement fan as I have seen various videos linked on these forums about disassembly/replacement/cleaning and it doesn't look like something out of my ability.

Here is an audio recording of the fan:
https://clyp.it/rebmxxvo

Thank you for your time
3 REPLIES 3

RosGar
Level 7
hello. there are two ways - or you buy a new fan, or take the old one off and put a drop or two of machine oil inside the fan's rotor (you'll have to take thin net off, to get to the small cup in the center, under which middle of that rotor is).

I know this thread is older, and I hope I can get a response. Are you saying to access it from opening the case, or can it be accessed from the bottom panel? I'd love to find an easy solution for this. When I look at the GPU fan from the bottom panel, it can be turned by hand, but it doesn't freely spin like the other fan does. It's causing my screen to randomly go into this multi-colored striation, and sometimes fade out to white completely, to which I either have to close the lid and wait for up to 10 minutes, or I have to hard restart. Sometimes when it happens I can tap or press on the keyboard, just above or around the 10-key pad and the screen will come back. Will this oil fix work for me, or is it sounding like either the GPU fan or entire GPU has to be replaced?

Wiccancowboy2000 wrote:
I know this thread is older, and I hope I can get a response. Are you saying to access it from opening the case, or can it be accessed from the bottom panel? I'd love to find an easy solution for this. When I look at the GPU fan from the bottom panel, it can be turned by hand, but it doesn't freely spin like the other fan does. It's causing my screen to randomly go into this multi-colored striation, and sometimes fade out to white completely, to which I either have to close the lid and wait for up to 10 minutes, or I have to hard restart. Sometimes when it happens I can tap or press on the keyboard, just above or around the 10-key pad and the screen will come back. Will this oil fix work for me, or is it sounding like either the GPU fan or entire GPU has to be replaced?

You can probably find a fan on eBay and here is the disassembly video the best one I've seen
G752VY-DH72 Win 10 Pro
512 GB M.2 Samsung 960 Pro
1 TB Samsung 850 pro 2.5 format
980m GTX 4 GB
32GB DDR 4 Standard RAM

Z97 PRO WiFi I7 4790K
Windows 10 Pro
Z97 -A
Windows 10 Pro