cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WINDOWS 10 install to asus ROG G551JW

loupas
Level 7
Hello guys,
I'm going to do a clean install of windows 10 to my Laptop Asus ROG G551JW. I checked at the support drivers and i saw that there aren't all the drivers included (there are no drivers for audio,,bluetooth and many more) .Shall I install the drivers for windows 8.1 instead?Anyone done clean install of windows 10? what drivers did he use?Or shall i use a program like driver booster?

Thanks for your time and your responses in advance.
6 REPLIES 6

toronto699
Level 13
first upgrade to W10 then u can do a clean install, W10 will install the drivers for u , after clean install reboot then install the W10 drivers from your support page G551jw
all drivers will work in W10 except the ones u found on your support page , I did not install any other drivers except the W10 ones from my G751 support page , everythings works just fine. if u find problem make a new post do not use any software like driver booster just let w10 do the work blue tooth audio will all work I'm sure

loupas
Level 7
Ok man thanks a lot 🙂 but not the bios driver right?

loupas wrote:
Ok man thanks a lot 🙂 but not the bios driver right?

if theres a new bios in the W10 downloads do it , if theres a new bios in W8.1 dowmload do it
be careful with bios though . follow our laptops bios procedure

loupas
Level 7
i have the latest bios now in windows 8.1 version 207. I see there is the same version in windows 10. shall i do it again or there is no need?

Black_Phoenix
Level 8
No need.

BIOS in case of Asus Support Website are irrelevant (It appears all the BIOS files releases regarded the OS choice). If you have the last one available the 207 then it's the same that appears if you choose Windows 8.1 or Windows 10.

dunedune
Level 7
That too bad to upgrade to win10 , its just a garbage .... Install win7 instead of this