cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G751JY Sleep problem with Windows 10

deccauk
Level 7
Has anyone who has upgraded their machine to Windows 10 got sleep mode working properly?

Mine seems to do a full restart when coming out of sleep.
27 REPLIES 27

Alex_____
Level 7
I'm was also having the same problem so i did a clean install and upgrade the bios to 210, but is still not working properly, but mine is the G751JT. 😛

Gps3dx
Level 12
I know about a frustrating BUG that the intel WiFi card causes to the windows sleep procedure:
when the "Wake on Wlan" is enabled, coming from sleep takes like 5 min, and during that time you see black screen while the hdd ( by looking at the led near the touchpad ) works intensively.
if you disable that feature in the adapter settings of the wifi card - problem solved.

I'm also on BIOS 210 on my G751JT, but I use Win 10 THAT WAS INSTALLED FROM SCRATCH/CLEAN i.e after a format.
so, beside that intel wifi WOW bug - sleep working just fine.
beside my obvious advise to INSTALL WINDOWS 10 FROM SCRATCH ( i.e CLEAN INSTALL ) after you've made the upgrade, I can advise you to make sure you've installed intel INF driver by running the setup as admin + running it through the command: SetupChipset.exe -overall. ( you perform it by creating a shortcut to the exe, then configure the link with the above demands )
it might be better to perform this INF driver procedure, while the INTERNET CONNECTION ( through LAN/WIFI ) is turned OFF ( i.e flight-mode ) - this is advisable because windows 10 reinstall any device with their own ( MS ) driver immediately after reboot, from the internet, which is CRAP to have on core-system-devices like the "intel 8 serie", the "AHCI controller", etc..etc...
Asus G751JT
Samsung EVO 850 120GB + 1TB HDD 7200RPM
Cleaned installed Win 10 HOME
My Guides:

• [POST=538713]ROG LAPTOPS: COMPLETE DRIVER LIST ![/POST]
  • [POST=538713]How to install windows 8/8.1/10 on any UEFI supported laptop the PROPER way[/POST]
  • [POST=538711]HOW TO (EASILY!) UPGRADE FROM WIN7 SP1/8.1 WITHOUT GOING THROUGH THE UPGRADE PROCESS ITSELF ![/POST]
  • [POST=605307]HOW TO REMAP FN+KEY AND SPECIAL BUTTONS: "STEAM", "ROG" & "SHADOWPLAY"[/POST]
  • [POST=539663]Win 10 x64: SETUP USB @SUPERSPEED, NO HANG-UPS! | ACCELERATES USB 3.0/2.0 TRANSFER RATE SPEED TWICE![/POST]

Gps3dx wrote:
I know about a frustrating BUG that the intel WiFi card causes to the windows sleep procedure:
when the "Wake on Wlan" is enabled, coming from sleep takes like 5 min, and during that time you see black screen while the hdd ( by looking at the led near the touchpad ) works intensively.
if you disable that feature in the adapter settings of the wifi card - problem solved.

I'm also on BIOS 210 on my G751JT, but I use Win 10 THAT WAS INSTALLED FROM SCRATCH/CLEAN i.e after a format.
so, beside that intel wifi WOW bug - sleep working just fine.
beside my obvious advise to INSTALL WINDOWS 10 FROM SCRATCH ( i.e CLEAN INSTALL ) after you've made the upgrade, I can advise you to make sure you've installed intel INF driver by running the setup as admin + running it through the command: SetupChipset.exe -overall. ( you perform it by creating a shortcut to the exe, then configure the link with the above demands )
it might be better to perform this INF driver procedure, while the INTERNET CONNECTION ( through LAN/WIFI ) is turned OFF ( i.e flight-mode ) - this is advisable because windows 10 reinstall any device with their own ( MS ) driver immediately after reboot, from the internet, which is CRAP to have on core-system-devices like the "intel 8 serie", the "AHCI controller", etc..etc...

Finally someone else on the clean install win 10 it to fix your issues boat. Its nice to not be the only one saying it anymore. Thank you
3d printed parts and accessories for the G751. You know you want something better than OEM ->https://www.shapeways.com/shops/aeolisio[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

aeolisio wrote:
Finally someone else on the clean install win 10 it to fix your issues boat. Its nice to not be the only one saying it anymore. Thank you

:rolleyes::) BIG HIGH-FIVE... and one big hit on MS's head !
upgrading to windows 10 is a catastrophe - how come freaking MS doesn't offer product-key upgrade withOUT the need to upgrade the OS itself !?
I got like 5-6 genuine windows 7,8,8.1 which aren't installed on any computer - and if I don't install them till September 29th 2016, I just can't upgrade them to be Win10 product key for free !

Anyway @aeolisio, et-al... there is a method to CLEAN INSTALL+UPGRADE your existing OS (7 SP1 / 8.1 ) to Win 10 WITHOUT THE NEED TO Actually perform the time-wasting official upgrade process....
What I mean is, that there a way to "save" your OS product-key info -> format OS drive -> install Win 10 from scratch -> restore & upgrade the genuine OS product key - So - NO NEED TO GO THROUGH THE win7/8.1 ->win10 UPGRADE official procedure.
READ HERE FOR MORE DETAILS.

P.S - that source forum has better knowledge on windows then the genius MS corporation.
I tried that method myself - it works.
Asus G751JT
My Guides:

• [POST=538713]How to install windows 8/8.1/10 on any UEFI supported laptop the PROPER way[/POST]
  • [POST=538711]HOW TO (EASILY!) UPGRADE FROM WIN7 SP1/8.1 WITHOUT GOING THROUGH THE UPGRADE PROCESS ITSELF ![/POST]
  • [POST=605307]HOW TO REMAP FN+KEY AND SPECIAL BUTTONS: "STEAM", "ROG" & "SHADOWPLAY"[/POST]
  • [POST=539663]Win 10 x64: SETUP USB @SUPERSPEED, NO HANG-UPS! | ACCELERATES USB 3.0/2.0 TRANSFER RATE SPEED TWICE![/POST]

So it seems like doing a clean install is the ONLY way to solve this issue? crap I knew I shouldve done it before I transfer my backup files but just then I got lazy and so did not do the clean install 😞 not its gonna be a pain in the ass to do it all over

rogyajota
Level 7
I have G751JY which just got out of box 2 days ago, upgraded to windows 10 and I have the same problem. But it did not bother me that much since it only takes seconds to boot up and login til I read this post and now it feels annoying as hell lol

deccauk
Level 7
If a clean install solves it, it should also be solvable for an upgrade - just a question of finding out which drivers to update or revert.

I've tried an update on most of my drivers (via device manager) and some did indeed do an update (most said that you have the latest) but it did not solve the problem.

Good to know at least that it is a software issue and not a hardware issue.

deccauk
Level 7
OK - how about this then - I just did a clean install of windows 10 and sleep did NOT work.

I proceeded to install all the G751 drivers from the Asus web site one by one, testing the sleep function as I went. At no point during this process did sleep work as it should, so for all those folks who claim it works for them, are you sure?

Bear in mind that this machine boots up very quickly, but returning from sleep should go straight to the desktop - no spinning wheel, no windows logo, no logon screen - nothing.

deccauk wrote:
OK - how about this then - I just did a clean install of windows 10 and sleep did NOT work.

I proceeded to install all the G751 drivers from the Asus web site one by one, testing the sleep function as I went. At no point during this process did sleep work as it should, so for all those folks who claim it works for them, are you sure?

Bear in mind that this machine boots up very quickly, but returning from sleep should go straight to the desktop - no spinning wheel, no windows logo, no logon screen - nothing.

Have you disabled hibernation ?
Have you updated the intel INF drivers with "-overall" switch & admin privileges while installing ?
What BIOS are you currently using ?
what Windows version are you using ? ( home/pro/etc.. )
Asus G751JT
My Guides: