Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    ROG Guru: Blue Belt Array Gps3dx PC Specs
    Gps3dx PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)Current: G751JT | Retired: G55VW, G51JX
    MotherboardInc M.2 slot
    Storage #1Samsungs EVO 850 128GB
    Storage #21TB HGST Travelstar 7K1000 (HTS721010A9E630)
    CPU CoolerMother Nature & Thermodynamics laws
    Mouse Logitech MX 518
    Headset/Speakers Logitech T6060
    OS Cleaned installed Windows 10 HOME x64
    Accessory #1 Leap Motion

Quote Originally Posted by xdr View Post
    It makes perfect sense.
    Read here. It's explained very well.
    Long story short: UEFI bios works with firmware AND EFI partition ( a FAT32 partition that resides on your primary/boot hdd).
    All OSes have access to this EFI partition and settings to fiddle around and change stuff (like boot order, etc).
    Part of W10 install process is to modify the settings in the EFI partition.
    By re-flashing, you re-write the firmware on the motherboard AND set the defaults in the EFI partition > solving what MS screwed.
    interesting.. this is correct that the boot files has interaction with the UEFI - BUT UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES, NO OS CHANGES THE "UEFI"/BIOS WHICH ARE FLASH ON A BUG FOUND ON THE MOTHERBOARD.
    now... from what you've said - MS stupidly decided ( in my opinion its happening after some windows updates ) to mass with the BCD file found on the EFI partition.
    I took a look on my EFI partition's files ( it's fat32 after all... so with the right tool ( NOT disk managment ) you can explorer its content )
    and the BCD file is the only one that was changed today (attched image...all the unopened folder are old language related files)( I flashed my G751JT today 21.12.15 ~18:18 attached proof from log viewer ) BUT note that the BCD file was changed AFTER, long after the reflashing procedure itself !

I'm going to try to understand what are the changes MS/windows automatically made to the BCD vs the BCD right after the bios reflashing ( by running portable OS right after the reflashing - without letting my current permanent windows 10 to run, even not once )

To conclude - what is sure for me at this point is that this issue is NOT "BIOS" problem - so not the bios version nor asus are to blam ( in this case ) - and there might be a was to solve it by using some apps on windows ( I.E BCD editors... ) - WITHOUT the need to perform bios flashing procedure - which is a *dangerous* act in itself MORE then any windows software manipulation of the BCD file.

EDIT:
    WHAT I'M MISSING TO FIGURE THIS OUT IS A BCD FILE FROM G751 USERS WHO IS CURRENTLY SUFFERING FROM THE WAKE ISSUE
    ( BCD FILE IS FOUND ON THE EFI PARTITION UNDER \Efi\Microsoft\Boot )
    One can get this file if he/she can dual boot to another OS - or use any portable OS like ubunbu ( under windows you don't have permissions to even "explorer view" this partition )

Also the following MS forum might holds the answer to the BCD problem.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	eventviewer_reflashingtime.png 
Views:	13 
Size:	45.8 KB 
ID:	54237Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BCD_WTF.png 
Views:	12 
Size:	219.7 KB 
ID:	54238

Gps3dx PC Specs
    MotherboardInc M.2 slot
    Mouse Logitech MX 518
    Accessory #1 Leap Motion

IF ANYONE IS THERE STIL WITH THE PROBLEM -> I NEED YOUR HELP !!!
    BUT ONLY IF DID NOT REFLASH YOUR LAPTOP AND STILL EXPERIENCING THE WAKE FROM SLEEP REBOOT ISSUE !!!!
    I need your BCD file which sits on a hidden partition, under \EFI\Microsoft\Boot

Inorder to has access to this partition please perform the following commands inside CMD with admis prevleges:
    First open an elevated command prompt and give the EFI partition a drive letter

diskpart
    list partition
    select partition x:
    assign letter=b
    exit

(Where x: is the number of the partition listed by the list partition command and b is the driveletter you wish to assign to the EFI partition)
    Now kill the File Explorer process and start it with administrative privileges:

taskkill /im explorer.exe /f
    explorer.exe
    SOURCE with images: HERE

once you have this file, ONLY COPY IT to another place - BUT DO NOT CHANGE THE ORIGINAL !
    Then please upload the file here.

Once you've finished - and want to hide back this partition open CMD same as before and:
    diskpart
    select partition x:
    remote letter=b
    exit
    (Where x: is the number of the partition listed by the list partition command and b is the driveletter you wish to assign to the EFI partition)
    Now kill the File Explorer process and start it with administrative privileges)
    WHY all of that ?
    I about 99% sure the problem with the wake-sleep issue is with this file being partially corrupt !

New ROGer Array

Hello Gps3dx,

I've had the same issue on my Asus N751JK a few days ago, but unfortunately I already reflashed my BIOS.

However, in my case, the issue did not happen immediately after Windows 10 upgrade, so maybe this can be useful:

- I upgraded from Win 8.1 to Win 10 two months ago
    - All was working fine (Sleep, Hybernate and Shutdown)
    - Starting from a few days ago, I noticed two issues that may be related: blue screens when working (with the warning KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_ERROR)
    and the malfunction of the Sleep mode (full restart when coming out of Sleep). Both had never happened before.
    - I solved the Sleep problem by reflashing the latest BIOS available for my notebook (205).
    - I solved the blue screen by downgrading NVIDIA drivers for my graphic card (version 361.43 has bugs).

I think that the blue screens and forced system restart may have corrupted the BCD, leading to the Sleep problem. I also checked for any Windows new Updates or new software installed before the issue, but I couldn't find any (apart from NVIDIA drivers).
    Before finding the solution I also run Windows Driver Verifier a couple of times, finding issues with 000.fcl (from PowerDVD, that I updated fight after) and with a driver from Avira Antivirus, but then I stopped running the Verifier (it seems that it crashes with almost every driver, and I don't know if it helps).

strange... i did a clean install of win10 and sleep / wake up functions are okay...
    Asus GL752V- win 10, 16gb ram, 960m, i7 6700, SSD
    Acer Predator Helios 500, i7 8750H, GTX1070
    Desktop- win 10, i7 6700k, 16gb ram, evga 1080ti, nvme

ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array

my god guys...so much trouble...i had the same problem...you don't need to reinstall nothing...
    If you have BIOS 211 already install it again...nothing more...
    Use the command /nodate....

Jesus christ so many spam and the solution is easy...
    If you only reinstall and stuff when you update any intel driver you will have the problem again...

YOU ONLY NEED TO FLASH BIOS AGAIN...

Gps3dx PC Specs
    MotherboardInc M.2 slot
    Mouse Logitech MX 518
    Accessory #1 Leap Motion

Quote Originally Posted by Gps3dx View Post
    interesting.. this is correct that the boot files has interaction with the UEFI - BUT UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES, NO OS CHANGES THE "UEFI"/BIOS WHICH ARE FLASH ON A BUG FOUND ON THE MOTHERBOARD.
    now... from what you've said - MS stupidly decided ( in my opinion its happening after some windows updates ) to mass with the BCD file found on the EFI partition.
    I took a look on my EFI partition's files ( it's fat32 after all... so with the right tool ( NOT disk managment ) you can explorer its content )
    and the BCD file is the only one that was changed today (attched image...all the unopened folder are old language related files)( I flashed my G751JT today 21.12.15 ~18:18 attached proof from log viewer ) BUT note that the BCD file was changed AFTER, long after the reflashing procedure itself !

I'm going to try to understand what are the changes MS/windows automatically made to the BCD vs the BCD right after the bios reflashing ( by running portable OS right after the reflashing - without letting my current permanent windows 10 to run, even not once )

To conclude - what is sure for me at this point is that this issue is NOT "BIOS" problem - so not the bios version nor asus are to blam ( in this case ) - and there might be a was to solve it by using some apps on windows ( I.E BCD editors... ) - WITHOUT the need to perform bios flashing procedure - which is a *dangerous* act in itself MORE then any windows software manipulation of the BCD file.

EDIT:
    WHAT I'M MISSING TO FIGURE THIS OUT IS A BCD FILE FROM G751 USERS WHO IS CURRENTLY SUFFERING FROM THE WAKE ISSUE
    ( BCD FILE IS FOUND ON THE EFI PARTITION UNDER \Efi\Microsoft\Boot )
    One can get this file if he/she can dual boot to another OS - or use any portable OS like ubunbu ( under windows you don't have permissions to even "explorer view" this partition )

Also the following MS forum might holds the answer to the BCD problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gps3dx View Post
    IF ANYONE IS THERE STIL WITH THE PROBLEM -> I NEED YOUR HELP !!!
    BUT ONLY IF DID NOT REFLASH YOUR LAPTOP AND STILL EXPERIENCING THE WAKE FROM SLEEP REBOOT ISSUE !!!!
    I need your BCD file which sits on a hidden partition, under \EFI\Microsoft\Boot

Inorder to has access to this partition please perform the following commands inside CMD with admis prevleges:

SOURCE with images: HERE

once you have this file, ONLY COPY IT to another place - BUT DO NOT CHANGE THE ORIGINAL !
    Then please upload the file here.

Once you've finished - and want to hide back this partition open CMD same as before and:

WHY all of that ?
    I about 99% sure the problem with the wake-sleep issue is with this file being partially corrupt !
    Quote Originally Posted by diogogmaio View Post
    my god guys...so much trouble...i had the same problem...you don't need to reinstall nothing...
    If you have BIOS 211 already install it again...nothing more...
    Use the command /nodate....

Jesus christ so many spam and the solution is easy...
    If you only reinstall and stuff when you update any intel driver you will have the problem again...

YOU ONLY NEED TO FLASH BIOS AGAIN...
    @diogogmaio - Thank you very much for this "kind" words, as this really does indeed raise my moral to keep helping the community.

let say you're ill, and you got chronic headaches... wouldn't you want to find out the source for the problem, instead of only taking pain-killers ?
    of cause the pain-killers can allegedly "solve" your problem... but in the long run.. not that sure it's a good thing.
    flashing bios has the same "risks" as the "pain-killers"... it can hurt you at somepoint - and it does NOT solve the issue at the lowest level - it just "fixes" your symptoms.

Thus, if someone could help US, the community, by sending me their BCD file BEFORE REFLASHING the bios, i.e while still experiencing this "wake from sleep issue -> I'm certain I can pin down the source of the problem.
    Again, BCD editing is safer then bios flashing, and has the same "danger" as editing existing txt file on your PC, an operation each of us performing each day !

now... I hope some "saint" could help us here... otherwise, the ROG community loses another small but critical knowledge.

ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array

Love you too by the way...

Painkillers?! BIOS 211 specific says " To fix system hanging issue (code 0x72) ". ASUS support replied to me and said that specific...to flash again!! And it was 5 months ago...not even any problem from that point on...

Just to clarify...OLD BIOS or SAME BIOS with a new Windows Update will have problems with the device manager (AKA wireless card/no sleep issue).
    Because BioS have to override the info from the new windows build which mess with Intel Chipset Info and THEREFORE with the wireless card.

So...in conclusion...not painkillers but a small cure until newest build from Windows... Asus Support said that BIOS 211 fixes the problem but for me I think in a new build we will have the same issue.

By that time...or there is a new bios or just flash it again.

Sorry but i don't think Asus Support is something I should not listen to...

In the end...humm...this is an ASUS equipment right?! If you want to try to find the root cause I agree with your sugestion but don't try to mislead saying that my / ASUS support solution doesn't work...my PC is the proof.

of cause the pain-killers can allegedly "solve" your problem... but in the long run.. not that sure it's a good thing.
    flashing bios has the same "risks" as the "pain-killers"... it can hurt you at somepoint - and it does NOT solve the issue at the lowest level - it just "fixes" your symptoms ---> priceless! love it!

Gps3dx PC Specs
    MotherboardInc M.2 slot
    Mouse Logitech MX 518
    Accessory #1 Leap Motion

Love you too by the way...
    yep... that too really really rise my moral to keep help others in that forum....very... very good job here.

BIOS 211 specific says " To fix system hanging issue (code 0x72)
    i'm ready to learn more about the subject.
    Can you please share with us screenshot of the codes of the BSOD you had, by running BlueScreenView and makin sure that the "bug check code" tab is clearly shown ?

OLD BIOS or SAME BIOS with a new Windows Update will have problems with the device manager
    so now I'm confused... you claim that the "wake-from-sleep" issue is caused by "windows update" ???
    Therefore, you claim that the root cause of the problem is some file/s that sits on the boot drive ( hdd/ssd where windows is installed ) and NOT the BIOS it self being/getting corrupt.
    hmm... interesting... maybe you should tell asus to get intouch with MS to solve this together ???
    So theoretically, MS or ASUS can release some tool that fixes that problem ( AFAIK it i with the BCD files that sits on the EFI partition, i.e the boot partition ) without talking the risk of flashing the BIOS chip, which you already agree with me that it is a dangerous operation.

now... don't get me wrong... I think that you should channel all of your anger toward asus and MS...
    it's just shame that when other users in our community try to help you, you take part of this anger, and completely cancel their chance to help even greater number of users by writing "so many spam".

I can tell from my bechlor degree experience that, if you think you know something - think again... there is always a new thing to learn about the same subject... even after you'll die.

Thus, in conclusion, it OK and even welcome that everyone will share their ideas/suggestions in this forum... but do so WITHOUT canceling other's ideas with a "wipe of hand".

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3