Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[G751JT] Flashing Screen upon Power ON

Fs0ci3ty
Level 7
Hi

I have a G751JT with Windows 10
Upon pressing the power button, I see the usual ROG logo on bootup but after that my screen flashes grey lines while the top half is black and then after a while it flashes a grey square checkered pattern. I can resolve this by pressing the power button until it shuts down and just power it up to not have the problem.

My problem is this happened again a second time a while it is still resolved when I just shut it down with power button. Can this be a GPU issue? or a Win10 issue? I have the latest drivers and BIOS. I never did anything with GTools or anything.

TIA
6 REPLIES 6

insiZion1
Level 8
I had this same issue after upgrading to 10.. Excactly how you described! I thought it may have been down to xtu undervolt even tho id never had it happen before.
I reinstalled a fresh win 10 being sure to install the intel chipset..so far ive not experienced the problem again...although im yet to set any xtu profiles.
be sure to do a clean install of nvidia drivers to. Not the express.

Vythica
Level 7
Do you have Hibernate enabled? Googled this and it seemed a few users , not even on RoGs get the grey flashing you described with it enabled on a reboot/boot up.

Gps3dx
Level 12
PPL -> USE THE SEARCH FEATURE !
It exist for a reason !!!!

d0r1n wrote:
there is a very easy response for all with blinking problem: INSTALL WINDOWS CORRECTLY IN UEFI MODE and don't blame asus for your stupid mistakes,OMG.

make a boot stick in format fat32(DO NOT MAKE NTFS)
make sure that u have selected UEFI in bios
restart and press ESC,select the stick
install the win like before

THATS THE WHOLE SOLUTION,WOW so hard

ALSO THIS TWO THREAD IS ABOUT " Flashing Screen upon Power ON"
https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?74581-G751JT-booting-issues-after-SSD-installation
https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?56052-G751-Boot-delay-black-screen-wth-blinking-flashing-w...
Asus G751JT
Samsung EVO 850 120GB + 1TB HDD 7200RPM
Cleaned installed Win 10 HOME
My Guides:

• [POST=538713]ROG LAPTOPS: COMPLETE DRIVER LIST ![/POST]
  • [POST=538713]How to install windows 8/8.1/10 on any UEFI supported laptop the PROPER way[/POST]
  • [POST=538711]HOW TO (EASILY!) UPGRADE FROM WIN7 SP1/8.1 WITHOUT GOING THROUGH THE UPGRADE PROCESS ITSELF ![/POST]
  • [POST=605307]HOW TO REMAP FN+KEY AND SPECIAL BUTTONS: "STEAM", "ROG" & "SHADOWPLAY"[/POST]
  • [POST=539663]Win 10 x64: SETUP USB @SUPERSPEED, NO HANG-UPS! | ACCELERATES USB 3.0/2.0 TRANSFER RATE SPEED TWICE![/POST]

insiZion1
Level 8
Calm down love. Those two threads dont mention anything about grey checkered squares on boot up. If youv nothing positive to contribute then dont.
we're suppose to be helping each other out..

insiZion1 wrote:
Calm down love. Those two threads dont mention anything about grey checkered squares on boot up. If youv nothing positive to contribute then dont.
we're suppose to be helping each other out..

you're right in this case.... my bad...
i'm just frustrated that in the last months new thread "popup" asking the same questions... thus leading to not to read every word....

I wish only to assist...
Do you mind upload to youtube some video for us of the problem ?

It sounds like windows problem... i.e drivers.
Be sure to update your geforce drivers from NVIDIA's site ( not from ASUS !)
Be sure to remove/uninstall any previous Nvidia drivers.
if the drivers refuse to be installed, i.e setup returns error upon graphics driver installation -> CLOSE ANY INTERNET CONNECTION ( wifi, ethernet ) -> run the setup with admin prevleges -> perform "Clean install" of the graphics drivers.
if problem persist, try to uninstall any remains of the driver with the help of "Download Display Driver Uninstaller DDU" -> then try to install as I wrote above.

Plus, your suggestion to update Intel chipset drivers AKA "INTEL INF" drivers is advisable on any intel-based PC.
it helps solve so many weird problems.
Asus G751JT
Samsung EVO 850 120GB + 1TB HDD 7200RPM
Cleaned installed Win 10 HOME
My Guides:

• [POST=538713]ROG LAPTOPS: COMPLETE DRIVER LIST ![/POST]
  • [POST=538713]How to install windows 8/8.1/10 on any UEFI supported laptop the PROPER way[/POST]
  • [POST=538711]HOW TO (EASILY!) UPGRADE FROM WIN7 SP1/8.1 WITHOUT GOING THROUGH THE UPGRADE PROCESS ITSELF ![/POST]
  • [POST=605307]HOW TO REMAP FN+KEY AND SPECIAL BUTTONS: "STEAM", "ROG" & "SHADOWPLAY"[/POST]
  • [POST=539663]Win 10 x64: SETUP USB @SUPERSPEED, NO HANG-UPS! | ACCELERATES USB 3.0/2.0 TRANSFER RATE SPEED TWICE![/POST]

insiZion1
Level 8
If the problem occurs again I will upload a video..but im confident that its now been solved. On reflection im pretty sure it was an issue with the nvidia drivers. Hopefully the op can remedy his problem.