Clintlgm PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)Asus G752VY DH72
    MotherboardAsus Z97 Pro WiFi and /Z97 Pro A
    ProcessorI7 4790K
    Storage #1512 GB M.2 Samsung 960 Pro
    Storage #21 TB Samsun 850 Pro
    CaseCool Master Haf
    OS Win 8.1 Pro and Win 10 Pro

Yes all new computer are using UEFI GPT, BIOS MBR is called legacy and hasn't been used for several years now. I do not know if the GL models support BIOS MBR I assume they will but that would be a backward move for you
    G752VY-DH72 Win 10 Pro
    512 GB M.2 Samsung 960 Pro
    1 TB Samsung 850 pro 2.5 format
    980m GTX 4 GB
    32GB DDR 4 Standard RAM

Z97 PRO WiFi I7 4790K
    Windows 10 Pro
    Z97 -A
    Windows 10 Pro

ROG Guru: Blue Belt Array Gps3dx PC Specs
    Gps3dx PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)Current: G751JT | Retired: G55VW, G51JX
    MotherboardInc M.2 slot
    Storage #1Samsungs EVO 850 128GB
    Storage #21TB HGST Travelstar 7K1000 (HTS721010A9E630)
    CPU CoolerMother Nature & Thermodynamics laws
    Mouse Logitech MX 518
    Headset/Speakers Logitech T6060
    OS Cleaned installed Windows 10 HOME x64
    Accessory #1 Leap Motion

Quote Originally Posted by Clintlgm View Post
    Yes all new computer are using UEFI GPT, BIOS MBR is called legacy and hasn't been used for several years now. I do not know if the GL models support BIOS MBR I assume they will but that would be a backward move for you
    i'm sure that there is are some portable pcs sticks for TV and tables that runs based on 8086 (= x86) instruction set using BIOS - even though "brand new" today.
    With asus ROG laptops, it is likely that you got their Aptio based BIOS, thus you should have a "CSM" option in the bios ( enabled=legacy BIOS mode | disabled = UEFI mode ).
    Also, another indicator for your laptop support of UEFI is the CHIPSET ( on rog it is usually Intel's ) model.
    One can check @intel's website for the chipset features to see whether it supports UEFI.

Nontheless, even if your ROG laptop is publish by ASUS THEMSELF as being UEFI supported - your laptop might NOT have a UEFI suppoted pre-installed windows 8/10 !!!... listen up:

I had RMA my G55VW multiple times.
    After each RMA - I had to formatted& installed windows 8.1 UEFI based installed on it, because, when I got it back from RMA - the OFFICIAL ASUS ( 3rd party official partners ) LAB changed the BIOS so it work on LEGACY MODE, and installed windows in a NON-UEFI manner ( aka LEGACY MODE )!
    I complained to Asus in my country about it - and they replied that "whatever & however-installed windows you had when you bought the laptop (i.e pre-installed windows) will be return to you, in the same state".
    Although I let them known about some GPT features Vs MBR ( such as file CRC & self repairing feature, which does NOT exists in MBR ) and UEFI features VS legacy bios (such as fast... really fast boot & sleep-wake cycle ) - they told me the above pathetic answer, again & again.

This show me, how precious is my knowledge in PCs maintenance and also how
    MANIPULATIVE & GREEDY ASUS CAN BE.

why is that ?
    Because you spend your money on TOP OF THE LINE PC's HW in the market - but if you're "not that good" with pc maintenance - you won't change the OS and BIOS configuration, you'll work with the bought OS & its config - making you work ON A FERRARI that RUNS LIKE SNAIL !!!!
    Also, in time, you'll think EARLIER that your asus laptop is "OLD" -> which might make you buy a newer model -> thus spending MORE money then if you actually know & maintain your own UEFI supported laptop !

Thus, the question is- WHY THE FRAK - ASUS - DO YOU MANUFACTURE & ADVERTISE A LAPTOP THAT SUPPORTS UEFI - BUT IN REALITY, WHEN A COSTUMER PURCHASE IT - THE PRE-INSALLED WINDOWS CONFIGURED & RUNS ON "LEGACY BIOS" INSTEAD OF UEFI !?!?!?!?!!?

ROG Guru: Gold Belt Array Clintlgm PC Specs
    Clintlgm PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)Asus G752VY DH72
    MotherboardAsus Z97 Pro WiFi and /Z97 Pro A
    ProcessorI7 4790K
    Storage #1512 GB M.2 Samsung 960 Pro
    Storage #21 TB Samsun 850 Pro
    CaseCool Master Haf
    OS Win 8.1 Pro and Win 10 Pro

Yes I had the same issue on my first RMA, it came back MBR but that was back in 2012, with original win 7 HP, I think they are all coming UEFI now days, As far as repair goes. I think at least back then that the tech's didn't know that they had to boot the image software in UEFI mode as booting it in BIOS mode will create a copy in MBR. I find that's an issue with creating install media that will boot either BIOS or UEFI it to easy especially for people that are not UEFI aware to image and create MBR version.
    G752VY-DH72 Win 10 Pro
    512 GB M.2 Samsung 960 Pro
    1 TB Samsung 850 pro 2.5 format
    980m GTX 4 GB
    32GB DDR 4 Standard RAM

Z97 PRO WiFi I7 4790K
    Windows 10 Pro
    Z97 -A
    Windows 10 Pro

ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array

Quote Originally Posted by Gps3dx View Post
    ah... good to hear...
    Yeah...ssd is a different world.
    make sure you ssd is aligned properly (link) - this will give you even more speed.

I've update the guides section with these posts about the color calibration - thanks for the idea.

P.S - because you got the evo850 ( me2 ): have you installed the latest Samsung Magician 4.8 and enabled RAPID MODE ?
    this should boost even more the OS.
    Yep, I have activated Rapid Mode, but I didn't know about the SSD Alignment . I'm gonna seek into it and see how that works out. Thanks again and sorry for the late response. I'm currently in my exam session at the academy and I didn't really have the time to check the forums lately :|.

Gps3dx PC Specs
    MotherboardInc M.2 slot
    Mouse Logitech MX 518
    Accessory #1 Leap Motion

Quote Originally Posted by NitroX View Post
    Yep, I have activated Rapid Mode, but I didn't know about the SSD Alignment . I'm gonna seek into it and see how that works out. Thanks again and sorry for the late response. I'm currently in my exam session at the academy and I didn't really have the time to check the forums lately :|.
    Oh... that's cool... me 2 learning each week something new about computer maintenance.
    About the timing - it's cool .... on the 22th me 2 starting the exam sessions ( master's student for chemistry )

ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array

PS: I've read that thread just now and from what I've seen I might actually have to pay for the Paragon Aligment tool and I don't think it's worth the money and time right now. Also, I just made a clean install of Win10 on my Samsung Evo 3 weeks ago and I don't think that I should have any misaligned segments (at least not yet), but I'll check with that AS SSD Bench.

Srry for double post but the server told me I couldn't access "edit post" WTF O_o

Gps3dx PC Specs
    MotherboardInc M.2 slot
    Mouse Logitech MX 518
    Accessory #1 Leap Motion

Quote Originally Posted by NitroX View Post
    Srry for double post but the server told me I couldn't access "edit post" WTF O_o
    This does happens sometimes...
    I had issues with editing posts where where I had some "." or other special signs in the post...
    what you can do is to put that symbol inside some tag like BOLD.... and that should allows you to be able to save changes.

about the aligment - you can do it with free tools like Aomei Partition Assistant Home Edition & MiniTools, which also have a free bootable PE environment with the MiniTool app so it's a good thing to have when you want to manually format/change partitions

New ROGer Array

Asus rog752vt i don't see ssd nvme pci-e when i install win 10 home

I boot windows on UEFI
    SSD have 4 partition gpo
    i have read the tutto, i have load the driver intel raid when i install windows.
    but i don't see the ssd, impossible to format.
    when i run diskpart, he don't show the disk ssd ...

Why ?

Gps3dx PC Specs
    MotherboardInc M.2 slot
    Mouse Logitech MX 518
    Accessory #1 Leap Motion

Quote Originally Posted by pedicini.e View Post
    I boot windows on UEFI
    SSD have 4 partition gpo
    i have read the tutto, i have load the driver intel raid when i install windows.
    but i don't see the ssd, impossible to format.
    when i run diskpart, he don't show the disk ssd ...

Why ?
    The search feature of this forum is your best option for an answer....specifically.... and generally true.
    https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthrea...s-How-I-Did-It
    https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthrea...indows+install
    https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthrea...indows+install

ROG Member Array

I had a similar problem. Sometimes it would show up, sometimes not. Ensure you're using the very latest Intel driver from their website, 14.8.0.1042 last time I checked. Most of the earlier drivers are known not work. If that doesn't work, try booting back into Windows from your other drive, deleting all of the partitions on the NVME drive, then let Windows Setup create all of the partitions automatically as part of the new Windows installation. ou may need to use DISKPART from the command line to delete all of the partitions.

Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast