cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[GUIDES] Windows COMPLETE "How To": Clean/Upgrade Install, Drivers

Gps3dx
Level 12
ALL IS WIP - I NEED TO MOVE ALOT OF STUFF AROUND !!!
How to install windows 8/8.1/10 on any UEFI & AHCI supported laptop
( E.I G751, G771, G551 GL552 etc) the PROPER way

I.E: on a GPT formatted disk, booted with UEFI

*** G752 owner ?? ***
*** Do you wish to use RAID and/or NVME ? ***

* Read also these specific installation guide Here and Here *

The "why should I bother" ?

you've got ROG Laptop, best in the market, fitted with UEFI, "the newest form of BIOS". ( READ MORE HERE )
No reason to work with OS that is installed on a MBR formatted drive that's running on a BIOS emulated machine (like some preinstalled windows), if you wish the fastest laptop, OS & applications !

OS on a GPT formatted disk, booted with UEFI, is BETTER THEN MBR & BIOS !
Why ?

• Way Faster OS boot (I.E POST), with NO blinking underscore !
  • Better (auto) chances to recover info from bad/damaged sector/block !
    (Partition table is redundantly stored, checked using CRC)
  • No 2TiB limit on HDD size
  • and MORE: READ MORE HERE & HERE

The "which OS should I choose" ?

In my opinion win 10 is faster in desktop/office work ( gaming: depends ) but the down side is the privacy headache.
There are multiple scripts you MUST run, if you care about your own privacy! (see few post below,WIP!)
Win8.1 is a bit slower in desktop/office use, but does NOT have such privacy "spying" as win 10.
Any way you choose, you MUST install it on a GPT formatted drive, and MUST boot the OS installation disk/usb through a "special" boot method ( I.E UEFI boot ).
HERE's A Benchmark review

The "What's required" ?

There are multiple apps to format&create the required partitions, including the one during windows installation process.
The latter, creating more partitions then what most of consumers really needs !
Windows installer format a GPT based drive like that:

• "Windows" is the OS partition - a MUST HAVE partition of course
  • MSR is "MS reserve partition" - a MUST HAVE partition that is there in-order to: READ HERE.
    for win8.1 MSR MIN size recommended by MS to be 128MB, in win10 is recommended to be 16MB. As common users does NOT utilize any of the features that require the MSR partition, it's advisable to use the MIN recommended size by MS.
  • "System" partition is the where the "EFI" supported windows-boot-files sit, therefore - a MUST HAVE partition of course.
  • "Windows RE tools" - is important IN MOST CASES if you use windows built-in drive encryption. READ MORE HERE.
    As I KNOW by experience that win7,8.1,10 CAN WORK WITHOUT "Windows RE tools" partition -> "Windows RE tools" partition is NOT necessary !!

The "How to Guide" ?
1st Part: How to create & boot a windows installation disk/usb,
THE RIGHT WAY?

I.E through UEFI boot !

• NOTE: IT'S IMPERATIVE that you boot the installation disk AS UEFI COMPATIBLE DEVICE !
    (otherwise you cannot install windows on a GPT formatted drive )
    There are MANY guides to show how to create the installation DISK/USB in the right manner:
    ONE OPTION, another OPTION, another OPTION, "official way" for win10 ONLY.
  • It's also imperative that, although you've created the installation disk/usb in the right way, you MUST ALSO BOOT IT IN THE RIGHT WAY: (I.E UEFI boot !)

• Make sure in the BIOS that "LAUCH CSM" is DISABLED !!
    • Make sure you BOOT THE INSTALLATION DISK/USB AS UEFI!
      Please look at the following photo. To boot the INSTALLATION DISK as "UEFI" meaning picking the 2nd option from the top (NOT the 3rd) !!

• If you didn't see & picked "uefi: xxxxxxx" (xxx = name of your disk/usb) at the boot selection screen -> read and DO "1st part" again !

2nd Step: How to format a drive with GPT layout for windows 8/8.1/10 ?
IT IS A PRE-REQUISITE TO INSTALL WINDOWS !

PLEASE NOTE:

• THE FOLLOWING PROCEDURE WILL ERASE EVERYTHING (ALL PARTITIONS) ON THE SPECIFIC DRIVE YOU CHOOSE !

• LESS RECOMMENDED: instead of formatting and losing data, you can CONVERT your MBR disk to be a GPT disk: Guide HERE.

* The "easy"/quick method:

• READ Part 1 above, do ONLY that -> then continue to Step B just below.
    After that, you should see the "Windows setup" screen, which allows you to pick your language.
  • Follow this EXCELLENT guide with screenshots till STEP 10.
  • Continue to read "3rd part" to install windows.

* The advanced/manual method is through set of commands of "DISKPART" utility. (SOURCE: MS official page)
The BIG ADVANTAGE with this method, that "Windows RE Tool" partition won't be created, thus you profit from the free-space ( ~300 MB ) and one less partition to be shown when you look at the partition map/list.

• 1st, boot into windows recovery environment, and open CMD -> write "diskpart" -> enter -> wait for it to load.
    ( "How to" guide HERE )
  • VERY IMPORTANT: inside "diskpart", write: "list disk" to see all your disks.
    Note the disk number of the disk you wish to format.
    Write "select disk #" where # = disk number you wish to format.
  • ONLY THEN perform the following commands: (lines start with "rem" are notes... NOT commands!)

clean
    rem == Note: ALERT AGAIN ! THIS COMMAND WILL WIPE YOUR DRIVE CLEAN !
    convert gpt
    rem == Note: convert your MBR based drive to GPT based drive
    create partition efi size=100
    rem == Note: "size=100" meaning the partition size will be 100MBytes
    format quick fs=fat32 label="System"
    assign letter="S"

rem == Note: replace the following "#" with a number as follows: #=128 for win8.1 | #=16 for win10
    create partition msr size=#

rem == Note: For the following command(in white):
    rem == Note: this way all the rest of the disk space will be "C"/windows OS partition.
    rem == Note: if you wish to have another partitions ( E.I for file storage/archive) add a "size=#"
    rem == Note: after the word "primary", where "#" is a number, the size in Mbytes of your
    rem == Note: Windows OS partition, I.E the rest of the free space will be the other partition you
    rem == Note: choose to have.
    rem == Note: To be more precise, that next line of command might be:
    rem == Note: create partition primary size=#

create partition primary
    format quick fs=ntfs label="Windows"
    assign letter="W"
    exit
    rem == Note: to quite diskpart utility, input another exit will close the CMD window and you'll be return to the previous screen, which you must reboot afterward in order to accomplish the next step

• NOTE: if you create additional partition after the "windows" partition, you can format it now, or after the OS installation, through the "disk management" utility -> it really doesn't matter to the OS installation procedure, but it's best to leave it to later, just to prevent you from massing the disk structure, if you don't know what you're doing.

• finally, continue to read "3rd part" below to install windows.
Asus G751JT
Samsung EVO 850 120GB + 1TB HDD 7200RPM
Cleaned installed Win 10 HOME
My Guides:

• [POST=538713]ROG LAPTOPS: COMPLETE DRIVER LIST ![/POST]
  • [POST=538713]How to install windows 8/8.1/10 on any UEFI supported laptop the PROPER way[/POST]
  • [POST=538711]HOW TO (EASILY!) UPGRADE FROM WIN7 SP1/8.1 WITHOUT GOING THROUGH THE UPGRADE PROCESS ITSELF ![/POST]
  • [POST=605307]HOW TO REMAP FN+KEY AND SPECIAL BUTTONS: "STEAM", "ROG" & "SHADOWPLAY"[/POST]
  • [POST=539663]Win 10 x64: SETUP USB @SUPERSPEED, NO HANG-UPS! | ACCELERATES USB 3.0/2.0 TRANSFER RATE SPEED TWICE![/POST]
167 REPLIES 167

Gps3dx
Level 12
The "How to Guide" ?
3rd Part: How to install windows 8/8.1/10 ?
*** for an already formatted GPT drive (I.E you've made 1st part of the guide above) ***

• IN ADVANCED You need "change"/"mod" windows installer to install the "right" form of edition&channel you need.
    Why ? Because you can NOT change the edition NOR the channel of windows after installation.
    Plus, you can NOT change the edition of installed windows after installation.
    Channel consideration:Edition consideration:How to do all of that ? ( for Windows 7/8/8.1 ONLY !!! Win10 DON'T USES EI.CFG !)
    Create/edit with notepad file named "ei.cfg" in "sources" folder inside the installation disk/usb, with the right edition & channel."ei.cfg" structure should be (cfg.ei creator for win7/8/8.1 HERE)
    (some-channel = OEM or RETAIL)

[EditionID]
    some-edition
    [Channel]
    some-channel
    [VL]

• Use windows that came when you purchase the laptop and plan to reinstall -> you need OEM channel !
    • Bought a Retail copy ?(I.E physical disk/usb copy of windows) -> you need Retail channel
    • plan to format & reinstalling same version ? CHECK your current edition
    • plan to free-upgrade to win10 ? CHECK HERE what you're going to have
    • got a multiple-edition disk ? leave [EditionID] empty !
    • make sure [VL] is 0.
      Got your laptop from big organization ? -> ask your admin if your windows is VL licensed

• Ready to install ? Enter windows installation setup, and when you arrive at the screen where you're asked to pick a partition for the installation of the windows, pick your "WINDOWS" partitions you've created beforehand (step 13-14 in THIS GUIDE)
    NOTE: If you've performed the "advanced/manual method" you should NOT format any partition/drive from that screen, as it will change the disk structure and add unnecessary partitions as I explained above !
    Q: "How do I know if I have NOT successfully boot windows installation in UEFI supported mode ?"
    A: When you arrive to "Where to install windows" screen, if you get an alert at the bottom like the following image -> read and DO steps 4 then 5 again !

• Just installed Win10 & you see "GET GOING FAST" screen (step 15 HERE) ? WAIT ! read the following:
    You need to ask yourself if you care about YOUR PRIVACY !!!!
    Why Win10 that diffrent from any other prior versions ?
    Google for "windows 10 privacy" and you'll get ~487,000,000 search results!!!
    READ HERE, HERE, HERE, HERE, HERE or just Google it.
    What can you do to protect yourself ?
    1st KNOW THAT YOU CAN NEVER BE 100% proof, once connected to the internet.
    This is true for ANY OS !
    The best you can do is to make it REALLY HARD for others to "spy" on you...
    follow the next (optional) few steps to stop (as best as possible) this unwelcome privacy invasion:
  • After installing windows 10 and before creating your account
    (@gps3dx remarks: I.E: During "GET GOING FAST" screen (step 15 HERE))
    open cmd.exe with Shift + F10
    then...use Sc.exe to delete the 2 services by running this in CMD:
    sc delete dmwappushsvc
    sc delete diagtrack

Then, to deny system accessing to the file AutoLogger-Diagtrack-Listener.etl with cacls - run this in CMD:
    cd C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Diagnosis\ETLLogs\AutoLogger
    echo "" > AutoLogger-Diagtrack-Listener.etl
    cacls AutoLogger-Diagtrack-Listener.etl /d SYSTEM

thats all
    SOURCE: lite8 From "My Digital Life" forum
  • Close CMD from the previous step and press "Customize settings" (step 15 HERE)
    UNCHECK EVERYTHING !!!!!!
    Click NEXT
    UNCHECK EVERYTHING !!!!!! ( in this 2nd screen of "Customize settings" )
    Click NEXT
    UNCHECK EVERYTHING !!!!!! ( in this 3rd screen of "Customize settings" )
    Click NEXT and continue to setup username etc... (step 23 HERE)
  • After few setup screen, and "apps" getting automatically installed - you'll arrive to your desktop.
    At this point I suggest you install an Internet Security program, like FREE COMODO.
    Why I recommend Comodo ? I don't a penny from them... I just READ this.
  • Next, we can continue to "TWEAK" Win10 to get more PROOF privacy by eliminating few PRIVACY INVASIVE apps, services, tasks etc... Luckily for us the "Community" cares about its privacy and we no longer need to run multiple long and weird scripts, as many sources developed useful win10 *tweaker* apps with GUI that can "eliminate" non welcome privacy features of win10.

4rd Part: How Make Windows 10 User friendly (with privacy)!
*** The following list of tweaks and apps are my personal recommendation ***
** NOT a must have, unless you wish MS to know anything about you, your keyboard inputs, mouse clicks etc **

• "GIVE ME BACK MANUAL WINDOWS UPDATES !", aka "Windows Update MiniTool"
    That's a famous app from "MydigitalLife.info" ( closed forum, only register can read ) - which is, IMHO, the BEST forum out there for MS stuff ( windows/office etc.. ).

• Although originally the UI was written in russian, the app has English support.
      To get it, you need to get the translation file, which must sits in the same folder as the exe.
    • Main Features:

• That app can allow to MANUALLY CONTROL WINDOWS UPDATES ON WIN10 HOME ED !
        (pick in the lower left side under "automatics updates" -> Disabled)
      • One can put any update in a "hidden" list, so windows update won't install it at all !

• 1 Button to remove MS "spying-ware" - aka DWS
    DOWNLOAD & SOURCE HERE
    DWS allows you to block, wipe, and get rid of many, if not all, the "spying" feature win10 contains, such as keylogger etc.

• Don't forget to give "admin privileges" to the tool BEFORE YOU WORK WITH IT!!!
    • MAKE SURE that SYSTEM RESTORE for DRIVE C is enabled BEFORE CLICKING ON THE "DESTROY WINDOWS 10 SPYING"
    • To wipe built-in "apps" goto settings-> check "delete windows 10 apps" -> choose the apps you wish to WIPE.
    • After initiating the "DESTROY" button, WAIT ! it takes like 2-3 min to finish !

• "I want windows 7 start button back..." -> IT IS POSSIBLE !!! though there are many solutions...

• FREEWARE: ClassicShell, Power 8
    • PaidWare: StartIsBack
    • NOTE - I DO NOT RECOMMEND "Start10" By 'Stardock' company - as IMHO, I suspect it to contain 'bloatware'.

• (FOR ADVANCED USERS) [Script] Win 10 Toggle Tweaker
    DOWNLOAD: HERE | SOURCE: Mydigitallife forum ( you need to be registered ! ),
    Features:

• User Interface Tweaks + Context Menu Tweaks
    • Enable/Disable stuff In Windows 10
    • Manage Microsoft Edge browser
    • Manage Updates
    • Manage OneDrive
    • Manage Windows Features
    • Manage User Accounts
    • Manage Windows apps (Remove & Restore) Updated to TH2
    • Manage TELEMETRY and Data collection Settings
    • Internet Tweaks and Fixes
    • Completely uninstall Cortana
    • Completely uninstall Edge + the ability to restore it
      and a lot more

Asus G751JT
My Guides:

• [POST=538713]How to install windows 8/8.1/10 on any UEFI supported laptop the PROPER way[/POST]
  • [POST=538711]HOW TO (EASILY!) UPGRADE FROM WIN7 SP1/8.1 WITHOUT GOING THROUGH THE UPGRADE PROCESS ITSELF ![/POST]
  • [POST=605307]HOW TO REMAP FN+KEY AND SPECIAL BUTTONS: "STEAM", "ROG" & "SHADOWPLAY"[/POST]
  • [POST=539663]Win 10 x64: SETUP USB @SUPERSPEED, NO HANG-UPS! | ACCELERATES USB 3.0/2.0 TRANSFER RATE SPEED TWICE![/POST]

VARIOUS

Windows 10 Issues & solutions:

• Q: Genesys Card reader - you've installed official driver for win10 x64 but it still refuses to read any SD card.
    In the Device manager you see "SDHC card" with exclamation mark inside yellow rectangle.
    A: Change "Genesys Logic USB3.0 card reader" driver under USB tree to "USB mass storage device" ( it should appears as a "compatible hardware" driver ).
    Then re-inserted the SDcard into the built-in card-reader, then problem solved -> you can see your card content in file explorer.
    UPDATE: also, when upgrade to win10 anniversary (1607) and allowing the system to use the builtin drivers from MS - the card reader works wonderfully.
  • Q: can I upgrade my win7(sp1)/win8/win8.1 to win10 even after 29.7.2016 ?
    A: Apparently, you can, although it isn't officially published, according to many sources.
    Note that MS might close/finish the FREE upgrade program at any time in the near future.
  • Q: How to upgrade my win7(sp1)/win8/win8.1 to win10 with CLEAN INSTALLATION at the same time, and saving a lot of time and eliminate any upgrade issues ?
    A: Read my LINKED GUIDE HERE.
Asus G751JT
My Guides:

Gps3dx wrote:
GUIDE: HOW TO (EASILY!) UPGRADE FROM WIN7 SP1/8.1 WITHOUT GOING THROUGH THE UPGRADE PROCESS ITSELF !
*** my own remarks/notes in green color ***

Preconditions:

• You have win7 SP1/8.1 activated successfully.
    This actually doesn't apply to VL Volume_licenses no KMS (loader yes, pre-installations yes, OEM_DM for w8.1 yes, OEM system builder yes, retail yes), since they are officially not upgradeable.
  • Download your original w10 ISO which is suitable for the upgrade path. I.E. W7(SP1) Ultimate upgrades to w10 pro.

I am very intrigued by this "How To". I just received a new G751 with an HDD in the right bay with Windows 10 installed. I am installing a Samsung SM951 M.2 SSD in the open left bay, on which I will need to perform a fresh install of Windows 10. Since the Win 10 installation I received is OEM, I don't have a valid Product Key.

Will this approach work going from Win 10 to Win 10 rather than Win 7/8.1 to Win 10?

If not, what do I need to do?

Yes if your 10 is activated MS Activation Server has your MB activated, changing hard drives won't matter once your activated you can clean install no problem.
Insure you follow directions for installing UEFI for best performance.
G752VY-DH72 Win 10 Pro
512 GB M.2 Samsung 960 Pro
1 TB Samsung 850 pro 2.5 format
980m GTX 4 GB
32GB DDR 4 Standard RAM

Z97 PRO WiFi I7 4790K
Windows 10 Pro
Z97 -A
Windows 10 Pro

Gps3dx wrote:
The "How to Guide" ?
3rd Part: How to install windows 8/8.1/10 ?
*** for an already formatted GPT drive (I.E you've made 1st part of the guide above) ***

I've updated this section from step 3 and on.
Asus G751JT
My Guides:

Gps3dx wrote:
4rd Part: How Make Windows 10 User friendly (with privacy)!
*** The following list of tweaks and apps are my personal recommendation ***
** NOT a must have, unless you wish MS to know anything about you, your keyboard inputs, mouse clicks etc **

• "GIVE ME BACK MANUAL WINDOWS UPDATES !", aka "Windows Update MiniTool"
    That's a famous app from "MydigitalLife.info" ( closed forum, only register can read ) - which is, IMHO, the BEST forum out there for MS stuff ( windows/office etc.. ).
    Why bother with "Windows Update MiniTool"?

• That app can allow to MANUALLY CONTROL WINDOWS UPDATES ON WIN10 HOME ED !
      (pick in the lower left side under "automatics updates" -> Disabled)
    • One can put any update in a "hidden" list, so windows update won't install it at all !

Although originally the UI was written in russian, the app has English support.
    To get it, you need to get the translation file, which must sits in the same folder as the exe.
    * Don't forget to give "admin privileges" to the exe !!!
  • 1 Button to remove MS "spying-ware" - aka DWS
    DOWNLOAD & SOURCE HERE
    DWS allows you to block, wipe, and get rid of many, if not all, the "spying" feature win10 contains, such as keylogger etc.

• Don't forget to give "admin privileges" to the tool BEFORE YOU WORK WITH IT!!!
    • MAKE SURE that SYSTEM RESTORE for DRIVE C is enabled BEFORE CLICKING ON THE "DESTROY WINDOWS 10 SPYING"
    • To wipe built-in "apps" goto settings-> check "delete windows 10 apps" -> choose the apps you wish to WIPE.
    • After initiating the "DESTROY" button, WAIT ! it takes like 2-3 min to finish !

• "I want windows 7 start button back..." -> IT IS POSSIBLE !!! though there are many solutions...

• FREEWARE: ClassicShell, Power 8
    • PaidWare: StartIsBack
    • NOTE - I DO NOT RECOMMEND "Start10" By 'Stardock' company - as IMHO, I suspect it to contain 'bloatware'.

• (FOR ADVANCED USERS) [Script] Win 10 Toggle Tweaker
    DOWNLOAD: HERE | SOURCE: Mydigitallife forum ( you need to be registered ! ),
    Features:

• User Interface Tweaks + Context Menu Tweaks
    • Enable/Disable stuff In Windows 10
    • Manage Microsoft Edge browser
    • Manage Updates
    • Manage OneDrive
    • Manage Windows Features
    • Manage User Accounts
    • Manage Windows apps (Remove & Restore) Updated to TH2
    • Manage TELEMETRY and Data collection Settings
    • Internet Tweaks and Fixes
    • Completely uninstall Cortana
    • Completely uninstall Edge + the ability to restore it
      and a lot more

Just updated the guide with windows 10 tweaks and recommendation to make it more user friendly
( for who ever want to remark about that list - remember that I ONLY HAD ONE POST with free room ).
Asus G751JT
My Guides:

Gps3dx
Level 12
Guide: How to restore an image backup of windows on a GPT drive
(UEFI boot method) that was backup from MBR disk:

** I presume here you got a windows image already in store somewhere safe **

• well, you need of course to covert/format the drive from MBR based to be GPT based.
    read above under "how to".
  • next, you need to restore ONLY the "backup" windows partition onto the clean windows partition.
  • boot into windows installation disk AS UEFI. read above under "how to".
  • open CMD. ( SEE HERE FOR A DETAILED INSTRUCTION HOW TO DO THAT )
  • follow THIS GUIDE From step 7 & 8 ONLY. I write the summery of it here also:
    Copy EFI bootloader to ESP partition (this is the "system" or "efi boot files" partition we created before)
    i: (where z is the letter of your ESP partition)
    mkdir EFI
    cd EFI
    mkdir Boot
    mkdir Microsoft
    cd Microsoft
    mkdir Boot
    copy x:\Windows\Boot\EFI\bootmgfw.efi i:\EFI\Microsoft\Boot
    copy x:\Windows\Boot\EFI\bootmgfw.efi i:\EFI\Boot\bootx64.efi
    Create BCD
    This step varies quite a bit, depending on your system’s hardware, existing NVRAM (non-volatile memory on your motherboard), and hidden BCD stores scattered around your system’s disks and partitions.
    Cross your fingers and hope that this step can be done automatically

bootrec /RebuildBcd
    If things don’t work out, you will have to resort to using bcdedit. A few notes about BCD edit: it operates on the motherboard’s NVRAM unless you specify a file. As far as I can gather, the NVRAM store doesn’t matter as my PC basically ignores any setting within and boots just fine after I’ve erased it.
    i:
    cd EFI\Microsoft\Boot
    bcdedit /createstore BCD
    bcdedit /store BCD /create /d “Windows Boot Manager” {bootmgr}
    Commenter Manuel says this should be bcdedit /store BCD /create {bootmgr} /d “Windows Boot Manager” but I haven’t tested this. This may depend on the version of BCD edit you are using.
    bcdedit /store BCD /create /d “Windows 7” /application osloader
    The previous command will return a GUID, referred to later as
    bcdedit /store BCD /set {bootmgr} default
    bcdedit /store BCD /set {bootmgr} path \EFI\Microsoft\Boot\bootmgfw.efi
    bcdedit /store BCD /set {bootmgr} locale en-us
    bcdedit /store BCD /set {bootmgr} displayorder {default}
    bcdedit /store BCD /set {bootmgr} timeout 10
    bcdedit /store BCD /set {default} device partition=c:
    bcdedit /store BCD /set {default} osdevice partition=c:
    bcdedit /store BCD /set {default} path \windows\system32\winload.efi
    bcdedit /store BCD /set {default} systemroot \windows

Change your motherboard firmware to run in UEFI mode
    You should now be able to select your Windows disk as your startup disk.

Guide: How to Retrieve My installed Windows Product Key?
** I presume here you got an installed *WORKING* windows 8/8.1/10 **

From the Win+X Menu in Windows 10 / 8.1, open an elevated (admin) command prompt window, type the following command and hit Enter:
[html]wmic path softwarelicensingservice get OA3xOriginalProductKey[/html]Your Windows product key will be displayed.

Source&Credit: AnandK@TWC from from thewindowsclub.com
Asus G751JT
My Guides:

Gps3dx
Level 12
COMPLETE ASUS SUPPORT DOWNLOADS ! (Part 1/3)
** The following list of drivers might be compatible various asus laptops **
Links in this post updated in Nov 2015, after asus site reorder/changes

*** G752 owner ?? Enter HERE to get missing Drivers ***

[TH]

*Complete* OFFICIAL ASUS
DOWNLOAD PAGE per Model

Windows 8.1
(x64)

Windows 10
(x64)

Windows 8.1
(x64)

Windows 10
(x64)

G551

G751

G551JX

G551JX

G751JY

G751JY

G551JW

G551JW

G751JT

G751JT

G551JK

G551JK

G751JL

G751JL

G551JM

G551JM

G751JM

G751JM

GL552

G752

GL552JX

GL552JX

N/A

G752VY

N/A

GL552VW

N/A

G752VT

-----------------

N/A

G752VL

G552

G771

N/A

G552VW

G771JW

G771JW

-----------------

G771JM

G771JM

[/TH]
[TH][/TH]
[TH]

*RECOMMENDED* DRIVERS
(3rd party, not ASUS)

Windows 8.1/10
(x64)

Intel Chipset INF
* Please READ HERE ABOUT IT !

Graphics Card (NVIDIA)

Graphics Card (INTEL)

Intel RST
(Rapid Storage Technology)

[/TH]

Credit&Source: Asus.com
Asus G751JT
My Guides:

Gps3dx wrote:
You're right...
The thing is ( i might need to rewrite it above ) that when you let windows format for you, it creates the "windows RE tools" useless partition.
But i'll upate the post with the exit command, and emphasize the alternative you mentioned as an "easier"/quick way.

P.S the hole thread is WIP... so patience... 😮

Gps3dx wrote:
COMPLETE ASUS SUPPORT DOWNLOADS ! (Part 1/2)
** The following list of drivers might be compatible various asus laptops **

[TH]

*Complete* OFFICIAL ASUS
DOWNLOAD PAGE per Model

Windows 8.1
(x64)

Windows 10
(x64)

Windows 8.1
(x64)

Windows 10
(x64)