Storage #1Samsung 970 m.2
    Storage #2Samsung 860 evo
    CPU CoolerH150i
    CaseLian li pc011
    Power SupplyEvga supernova g3 850w
    Keyboard Corsair k70
    OS Windows 10

Quote Originally Posted by Gps3dx View Post
    when you wrote "windows image utility" you meant the app from MS that downloads the windows installation image which then suppose to help you to create a bootable USB ?

if that's the issue - you can manually download the ISO, then use 3rd party FREE apps to create such bootable USB ( see RUFUS in the lower part of that guide )
    Lastly, please make sure you understand how to UEFI boot and install an OS - read the OP to learn more.

P.S - if you're getting win10 1809, please download ONLY 177663.107 (NOT *.1) otherwise if making an upgrade from previous windows versions, you're risking possible files deletion ( with *.1 version that is ).
    Oh no I meant the windows image utility that was called something like "backup and restore (windows 7)" not creating a new bootable image for the purposes of installing Windows. Just want to make a backup image of my current system.

New ROGer Array

problem with format

Hi...

I have a problem with my bootable USB stick with win10. This USB stick works perfectly on another computer but on my Asus not.
    I tried to use RUFUS and with GTP and not working at all. If I try with MBR the logo from windows show but when finish the boot via USB stick the screen is always black.
    I tried with Media Creation Tool from Microsoft and not show anything.
    I tried with a win7 DVD and the result was the same.
    I tried to connect to another screen and is not showing any image.

I "googled" and I found some equal problems in other laptops and the problem is the PCI express video card.

They go to the BIOS and change to the motherboard video card and it works. But the BIOS from ASUS GL552VW not show the same configuration on the video card to disable Nvidia. So, what I make wrong in this process?
    I formatted a lot of laptops and desktops and this is the first time this happens to me.
    Last edited by usernameregistar; 01-04-2019 at 06:56 PM.

New ROGer Array

sc delete dmwappushsvc

Hi, following the guide pretty well so far.

When it comes to the privacy options and features, I am unable to run command "sc delete dmwappushsvc" Error: "FAILED 1060 The specified service does not exist as an installed service."

I have managed to delete diagtrack ok so it is not myself doing it incorrectly and the spelling is 100% correct.

Does this service not exist any more perhaps?

Thanks!

ROG Guru: Blue Belt Array Gps3dx PC Specs
    Gps3dx PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)Current: G751JT | Retired: G55VW, G51JX
    MotherboardInc M.2 slot
    Storage #1Samsungs EVO 850 128GB
    Storage #21TB HGST Travelstar 7K1000 (HTS721010A9E630)
    CPU CoolerMother Nature & Thermodynamics laws
    Mouse Logitech MX 518
    Headset/Speakers Logitech T6060
    OS Cleaned installed Windows 10 HOME x64
    Accessory #1 Leap Motion

Quote Originally Posted by Phoebian View Post
    When it comes to the privacy options and features, I am unable to run command "sc delete dmwappushsvc" Error: "FAILED 1060 The specified service does not exist as an installed service."
    I have managed to delete diagtrack ok so it is not myself doing it incorrectly and the spelling is 100% correct.
    Does this service not exist any more perhaps?
    Good Q - I encounter this too after install many different editions of win10 (1703/9 & 1803/9)...
    I learned this tip from a vary reliable forum dealing with anything MS windows related - Mydigitallife.
    Many ppl in that linked thread ( although not in its OP ) report that "sc delete dmwappushservice" is the correct command, since the service was renamed.

New ROGer Array

G5511jm black screen

Quote Originally Posted by usernameregistar View Post
    Hi...

I have a problem with my bootable USB stick with win10. This USB stick works perfectly on another computer but on my Asus not.
    I tried to use RUFUS and with GTP and not working at all. If I try with MBR the logo from windows show but when finish the boot via USB stick the screen is always black.
    I tried with Media Creation Tool from Microsoft and not show anything.
    I tried with a win7 DVD and the result was the same.
    I tried to connect to another screen and is not showing any image.

I "googled" and I found some equal problems in other laptops and the problem is the PCI express video card.

They go to the BIOS and change to the motherboard video card and it works. But the BIOS from ASUS GL552VW not show the same configuration on the video card to disable Nvidia. So, what I make wrong in this process?
    I formatted a lot of laptops and desktops and this is the first time this happens to me.
    My story is my brother asking me to install fresh windows 10 on his ROG G551jm laptop because somehow the performance become really bad. The thing is i'm not tech savvy or anything but once successfully fresh install on my old pc just by googling (create a bootable usb using windows 7 usb tool apps, wipe disk and install) and walla its working as intended.

And then i try to recreate it on my brother's laptop, So what i did, i try to create bootable usb, i dont use windows 7 usb tool but rufus because it is recommended by my quick google search. Open up Rufus, wow, it really difference with what i used before, there uefi, legacy, mbr and many terms that seems not in my vocabulary. Heck, i thought it was going to auto configuration and just cooked it.

And here comes the nightmare. I plugged the usb, restart, got up to installation option, i formatted my primary hd and say to myself "its not that hard" BAM!! comes a popup which i dont remember much but i think it almost say "you imbecile human you chose the wrong setting for bootable usb something something mbr..gpt) **** i screw up.

Try to calm myself up. Laptop restarted. Everything is fine it is still boot up alright and it try troubleshot itself because i wiped the hd but failed. So, i created a new bootable usb with difference setup, plugged in, and then weirdly it ws not detected no matter how much variation of bootable usb i tried.

So, with my 300 iq, i try to mess with the bios (i knew it was risky) carefully wondering to see what went wrong. I try to change the boot order, i put on top priority list is my dvd cd drive and off course that is not too bad right. Saved and restart. I wait anxiously......................................... .................................................. .................................................. .......................

The screen show up nothing but only with keyboard light were on and i can hear the hd were running. No text..no bios...Just black screen..

i googled everything but nothing is working and this is really stressing me out because i just broke someone expensive laptop and is not mine. (to put icing on the cake, he just bought it) Help me guys and least give me hope it still can be fix.
    o

ROG Guru: Gold Belt Array Clintlgm PC Specs
    Clintlgm PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)Asus G752VY DH72
    MotherboardAsus Z97 Pro WiFi and /Z97 Pro A
    ProcessorI7 4790K
    Storage #1512 GB M.2 Samsung 960 Pro
    Storage #21 TB Samsun 850 Pro
    CaseCool Master Haf
    OS Win 8.1 Pro and Win 10 Pro

Quote Originally Posted by kilat_kuning90 View Post
    My story is my brother asking me to install fresh windows 10 on his ROG G551jm laptop because somehow the performance become really bad. The thing is i'm not tech savvy or anything but once successfully fresh install on my old pc just by googling (create a bootable usb using windows 7 usb tool apps, wipe disk and install) and walla its working as intended.

And then i try to recreate it on my brother's laptop, So what i did, i try to create bootable usb, i dont use windows 7 usb tool but rufus because it is recommended by my quick google search. Open up Rufus, wow, it really difference with what i used before, there uefi, legacy, mbr and many terms that seems not in my vocabulary. Heck, i thought it was going to auto configuration and just cooked it.

And here comes the nightmare. I plugged the usb, restart, got up to installation option, i formatted my primary hd and say to myself "its not that hard" BAM!! comes a popup which i dont remember much but i think it almost say "you imbecile human you chose the wrong setting for bootable usb something something mbr..gpt) **** i screw up.

Try to calm myself up. Laptop restarted. Everything is fine it is still boot up alright and it try troubleshot itself because i wiped the hd but failed. So, i created a new bootable usb with difference setup, plugged in, and then weirdly it ws not detected no matter how much variation of bootable usb i tried.

So, with my 300 iq, i try to mess with the bios (i knew it was risky) carefully wondering to see what went wrong. I try to change the boot order, i put on top priority list is my dvd cd drive and off course that is not too bad right. Saved and restart. I wait anxiously......................................... .................................................. .................................................. .......................

The screen show up nothing but only with keyboard light were on and i can hear the hd were running. No text..no bios...Just black screen..

i googled everything but nothing is working and this is really stressing me out because i just broke someone expensive laptop and is not mine. (to put icing on the cake, he just bought it) Help me guys and least give me hope it still can be fix.
    o
    You need to go back to the beginning of this thread and follow the guide.

Your notebook came from the factory UEFI/GPT, not legacy BIOS/MBR, therefore you need to create your install USB from MS Media Creation Tool and once created boot it in UEFI mode. To do this restart or push the start button and spam the Esc key, a boot menu will come up. There you will select UEFI USB to boot from and that will start your Clean Windows install.

if anything is broke it would be the actual hard drive that you're trying to install to. If SSD not likely is Hard Drive very likely

If you don't see the drive you want to install to. Hit Shift and F10 that will bring up a Command Prompt,
    you would then type list disk
    select the disk your wan to install to type in that number for that disk.
    type in Clean
    type in exit
    you now can select that disk to install too.

Before you do any of this you need to go to Asus Support Download and download all the hardware driver for that notebook, it probably won't work well using Windows native drivers so have them ready to install First is chipset, then IME, then ATK, then as needed
    https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/...dows-10-a.html
    Last edited by Clintlgm; 02-07-2019 at 10:19 PM.
    G752VY-DH72 Win 10 Pro
    512 GB M.2 Samsung 960 Pro
    1 TB Samsung 850 pro 2.5 format
    980m GTX 4 GB
    32GB DDR 4 Standard RAM

Z97 PRO WiFi I7 4790K
    Windows 10 Pro
    Z97 -A
    Windows 10 Pro

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by Clintlgm View Post
    You need to go back to the beginning of this thread and follow the guide.

Your notebook came from the factory UEFI/GPT, not legacy BIOS/MBR, therefore you need to create your install USB from MS Media Creation Tool and once created boot it in UEFI mode. To do this restart or push the start button and spam the Esc key, a boot menu will come up. There you will select UEFI USB to boot from and that will start your Clean Windows install.

if anything is broke it would be the actual hard drive that you're trying to install to. If SSD not likely is Hard Drive very likely

If you don't see the drive you want to install to. Hit Shift and F10 that will bring up a Command Prompt,
    you would then type list disk
    select the disk your wan to install to type in that number for that disk.
    type in Clean
    type in exit
    you now can select that disk to install too.

Before you do any of this you need to go to Asus Support Download and download all the hardware driver for that notebook, it probably won't work well using Windows native drivers so have them ready to install First is chipset, then IME, then ATK, then as needed
    So. its possible even i experienced black screen the moment i turn on the laptop?

Gps3dx PC Specs
    MotherboardInc M.2 slot
    Mouse Logitech MX 518
    Accessory #1 Leap Motion

Quote Originally Posted by kilat_kuning90 View Post
    So. its possible even i experienced black screen the moment i turn on the laptop?
    black screen appears after POST, i.e after bios/uefi loads up and passing on to boot the boot devices.
    since no bootloader is found on any on the boot devices you allow the laptop to boot, you see a black screen.
    also, there's a slight possibility that your uefi/bios is configured to not show any "bios" bootup screen ( w/o asus logo etc) and also you might have "quick boot" option enabled, so altogether you might think that the uefi/bios is corrupt - which is *usually* not the case.

1st thing you need to make sure is that your uefi/bios is working ( i.e accessible ) by pressing ESC / F10 multiple times after booting up from total shutdown mode.

Then, I highly advise you to please take a 2nd look at my guide in the OP - pay special note to the bios configuration ( about the CSM option ) and how you create the USB with windows installation files ( i.e how it is formatted for YOUR OWN LAPTOP CASE, i.e MBR OR UEFI ) and lastly what you choose in the boot selection screen ( ESC / F8 ) to boot that USB ( depends on which type of installation you're planning to do... MBR or UEFI ).

lastly, you stated you've formatted the hdd/sdd... how ? have you converted the drive to GPT in you plan on installing it using the UEFI boot method, or formatted it as MBR for legacy boot ( or the only way to boot if you have old laptop w/o uefi support, i.e you have BIOS - BUT the G551 is old as my previous G51VW, so I don't think that's your case... you should have UEFI ).

There're MANY VARIABLES to check, set or change... if one of them isn't the right one the installation / booting the windows USB might fails.

i'm here if you've got any more Q.

New ROGer Array

Hello all, its possible to install windows 7 on my Gl752vw without loose the recovery unit if someday i want to back to windows 10

thanks

Gps3dx PC Specs
    MotherboardInc M.2 slot
    Mouse Logitech MX 518
    Accessory #1 Leap Motion

Quote Originally Posted by antrabe View Post
    Hello all, its possible to install windows 7 on my Gl752vw without loose the recovery unit if someday i want to back to windows 10
    thanks
    Hi,
    I'll answer it in 2 parts:
    1. Win 7 might have missing drivers for your laptop due to the fact that it was released in the era of win10.
    Please refrain about talking about such issue here since it is a G-serie sub-forum, not GL-serie.
    2. if drivers are not an issue - then the question isn't particular related to GL-serie nor to Asus laptops - but to OS installation on a PC in general.
    it is possible to install how many OS on your drive as you want, it's generally called dual-boot or triple-boot etc.
    the "recovery unit" is actually a boot-able partition that has all the OS installation files ( with apps & configurations specific for asus and your laptop model ) just like a bootable USB or DVD has and able to install the OS onto the drive.

in short, what you need is to wipe any partition on the drive BUT THE ONE WITH THE RECOVERY FILES - then with the empty space you can install whatever OS you want - and in the future if you want to "go back" and utilize the recovery data - just wipe again any partition but the recovery, and boot into that recovery partition ( it might be tricky if you mass / change the bootloader ).

WHAT I HIGHLY RECOMMEND - make a LARGE FILE BACKUP of that recovery partiton BEFORE you wipe or change the OS.
    Asus provide such app called "backtracker" which can create multiple-DVD or single/multiple file backup of that recovery partition - so that you can transfer that info onto a backup drive or another internal "data" drive (physically different then the one the OS is on ).

if you prefer you can always free or paid apps like "norton ghost", Clonezilla, Macrium Reflect etc...
    Lastly, I suggest you READ MY OP GUIDE especially about the different between BIOS & MBR vs UEFI & GPT OS boot.

Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 LastLast