Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast
    ROG Guru: Blue Belt Array Gps3dx PC Specs
    Gps3dx PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)Current: G751JT | Retired: G55VW, G51JX
    MotherboardInc M.2 slot
    Storage #1Samsungs EVO 850 128GB
    Storage #21TB HGST Travelstar 7K1000 (HTS721010A9E630)
    CPU CoolerMother Nature & Thermodynamics laws
    Mouse Logitech MX 518
    Headset/Speakers Logitech T6060
    OS Cleaned installed Windows 10 HOME x64
    Accessory #1 Leap Motion

Quote Originally Posted by Dr4g0n36 View Post
    Gps3dx , update utility list, there's a new ROG gaming center for G752 notebooks here: http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/nb/...684.1450275641
    The issue is that the specific driver links I published, was based on the OLD UI of asus site... I still can't find a page that concentrate all the previous and latest versions of same driver/utility.
    The CN site was the solution for the last few months... but asus changed it as well.
    I guess there isn't any easy way anymore to get the latest drivers/apps from asus.... one should just look at the newest models for updates ( if one see that on his/her model the version is older ).

Banned Array JustinThyme PC Specs
    JustinThyme PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)G752VY-DH72
    MotherboardRampage VI Extreme
    ProcessorI9 9940X
    Memory (part number)64GB DDR4 8x8 Corsair Dominator Platinum 3800 MHz @ C17
    Graphics Card #1ASUS Strix 2080Ti O11G @ 2.1GHz
    Graphics Card #2ASUS Strix 2080Ti O11G @ 2.1Ghz
    Graphics Card #3ROG Nvlink
    Graphics Card #4Have to feed animals
    Sound CardExternal Audioengine D1 24 bit 192kbps DAC
    MonitorASUS PG348Q @ 100Hz
    Storage #1Intel 905P 480GB U2 flavor
    Storage #2Samsung 850 EVO 1TB X2 in RAID 0, 960 PRO 1TB DIMM.2_1
    CPU CoolerHeatKiller IV PRO and VRM blocks ,Dual D5 PWM serial, 2X 480, 1X 360 RADS
    CasePhanteks Enthoo Elite 8X LL120 PWM, 3X LL140 PWM, 12 SP120 PWM 1x AF140 PWM
    Power SupplyCorsair AX 1500i
    Keyboard ASUS Claymore
    Mouse ASUS Spatha, Logitech MX Master
    Headset Sennheiser HD 700
    Mouse Pad ASUS ROG Sheath
    Headset/Speakers Audioengine A5+ with SVS SB-1000 Sub
    OS Win10 Pro 1809
    Network RouterNetGear NightHawk X10
    Accessory #1 NetGear Prosafe 10GBe Switch
    Accessory #2 Qnap TVS-682 NAS modded with I7 CPU

They have been doing a lot of changes on their website. You never know where anything is going to be. Best bet is to just keep up with your specific model on the support page and make sure you check all the items in the drop down as they like to hide BIOS revision in the "other" category.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Why no mention of the G750 series? I have a G750JZ and would appreciate a relevant entry in the 'complete driver list', please... there are many who still have the G750.

Gps3dx PC Specs
    MotherboardInc M.2 slot
    Mouse Logitech MX 518
    Accessory #1 Leap Motion

Quote Originally Posted by Sean72 View Post
    Why no mention of the G750 series? I have a G750JZ and would appreciate a relevant entry in the 'complete driver list', please... there are many who still have the G750.
    Hi there @Sean72,
    Glad to hear that the mentioned post is important.

The main posts of this thread was create in the not-so-long-ago-era that the G750 serie was a separate sub-forum then the latest ROG notebook series sub-forum (G751, G771, G551 etc... ), thus the G750 serie wasn't included in my mind when I created that post.

I shall indeed update these posts, as soon as I can allow my self to do so, as I'm a busy master's student, at near-time of exams period.
    in the mean time, I can tell you that when I google for "G751JT asus support", it gives me a direct link to the download section for that model at Asus's official site.

ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array

Quote Originally Posted by Sean72 View Post
    If you can pass-out that the site is Italian localizated, here is a nice custom site for G750: http://landragon.wix.com/g750jx

Gps3dx PC Specs
    MotherboardInc M.2 slot
    Mouse Logitech MX 518
    Accessory #1 Leap Motion

Quote Originally Posted by Gps3dx View Post
    4rd Part: How Make Windows 10 User friendly (with privacy)!
    *** The following list of tweaks and apps are my personal recommendation ***
    ** NOT a must have, unless you wish MS to know anything about you, your keyboard inputs, mouse clicks etc **

• "GIVE ME BACK MANUAL WINDOWS UPDATES !", aka "Windows Update MiniTool"
      That's a famous app from "MydigitalLife.info" ( closed forum, only register can read ) - which is, IMHO, the BEST forum out there for MS stuff ( windows/office etc.. ).
      Why bother with "Windows Update MiniTool"?
      • That app can allow to MANUALLY CONTROL WINDOWS UPDATES ON WIN10 HOME ED !
        (pick in the lower left side under "automatics updates" -> Disabled)
      • One can put any update in a "hidden" list, so windows update won't install it at all !

Although originally the UI was written in russian, the app has English support.
      To get it, you need to get the translation file, which must sits in the same folder as the exe.
      * Don't forget to give "admin privileges" to the exe !!!
    • 1 Button to remove MS "spying-ware" - aka DWS
      DOWNLOAD & SOURCE HERE
      DWS allows you to block, wipe, and get rid of many, if not all, the "spying" feature win10 contains, such as keylogger etc.
      • Don't forget to give "admin privileges" to the tool BEFORE YOU WORK WITH IT!!!
      • MAKE SURE that SYSTEM RESTORE for DRIVE C is enabled BEFORE CLICKING ON THE "DESTROY WINDOWS 10 SPYING"
      • To wipe built-in "apps" goto settings-> check "delete windows 10 apps" -> choose the apps you wish to WIPE.
      • After initiating the "DESTROY" button, WAIT ! it takes like 2-3 min to finish !

• "I want windows 7 start button back..." -> IT IS POSSIBLE !!! though there are many solutions...
      • FREEWARE: ClassicShell, Power 8
      • PaidWare: StartIsBack
      • NOTE - I DO NOT RECOMMEND "Start10" By 'Stardock' company - as IMHO, I suspect it to contain 'bloatware'.

• (FOR ADVANCED USERS) [Script] Win 10 Toggle Tweaker
      DOWNLOAD: HERE | SOURCE: Mydigitallife forum ( you need to be registered ! ),
      Features:
      • User Interface Tweaks + Context Menu Tweaks
      • Enable/Disable stuff In Windows 10
      • Manage Microsoft Edge browser
      • Manage Updates
      • Manage OneDrive
      • Manage Windows Features
      • Manage User Accounts
      • Manage Windows apps (Remove & Restore) Updated to TH2
      • Manage TELEMETRY and Data collection Settings
      • Internet Tweaks and Fixes
      • Completely uninstall Cortana
      • Completely uninstall Edge + the ability to restore it
        and a lot more
    Just updated the guide with windows 10 tweaks and recommendation to make it more user friendly
    ( for who ever want to remark about that list - remember that I ONLY HAD ONE POST with free room ).

New ROGer Array

This is a brilliant guide on how to install windows 10 from scratch with either a DVD or from a USB stick but I seem to have a problem with it or I missed something

I disabled "Secure Boot" and "Launch CSM" in my BIOS and select the UEFI USB stick with the Windows 10 x64 installation. I get to the screen where I have to choose my language and proceed to the user agreement, it does however not ask for a key, which I would like to enter. When the installation is finished I notice that Windows is again being installed as Home Edition. If I would be able to enter my key, it would be the Professional Edition, which I actually want. I presume he is pulling data from my BIOS?! Is there a way to tell him not to do that and instead ask me for the serial at the installation procedure? I tried the USB stick on another laptop and booted it up in UEFI mode and there it asks me for the serial.

Any help is appreciated!

//Edit:

Model: G771JW
    BIOS: 210 (Did not check the new 211 release yet)
    Last edited by HigH_HawK; 05-06-2016 at 05:25 PM. Reason: Added model and bios info

Gps3dx PC Specs
    MotherboardInc M.2 slot
    Mouse Logitech MX 518
    Accessory #1 Leap Motion

Quote Originally Posted by HigH_HawK View Post
    This is a brilliant guide on how to install windows 10 from scratch with either a DVD or from a USB stick but I seem to have a problem with it or I missed something

I disabled "Secure Boot" and "Launch CSM" in my BIOS and select the UEFI USB stick with the Windows 10 x64 installation. I get to the screen where I have to choose my language and proceed to the user agreement, it does however not ask for a key, which I would like to enter. When the installation is finished I notice that Windows is again being installed as Home Edition. If I would be able to enter my key, it would be the Professional Edition, which I actually want. I presume he is pulling data from my BIOS?! Is there a way to tell him not to do that and instead ask me for the serial at the installation procedure? I tried the USB stick on another laptop and booted it up in UEFI mode and there it asks me for the serial.
    Hi @HigH_HawK and welcome to ROG forum.
    Thank you for your feedback :-)

Win10 installation from multi edition ISO/DVD indeed "pick" for you the home edition during installation, since an OEM activation key is found within the BIOS ( it is the slic table AFAIK) of ROG laptops that was sold with pre-installed windows.
    Nonetheless, you can force install any edition you want, using either a standalone ISO of your wanted edition(pro) ( which is EASIEST method I know of ) or by using multi-edition ISO with a proper "Autounattend.xml" ( read more about that HERE ) that includes the "pro" key,.

If you don't wish to format and start over again, know that you can upgrade your current home ed. to pro ed. -> Read HERE ( second option ).
    I hope this will help you.

New ROGer Array

Thanks for your reply! I tried the Autounattend.xml method but do get an error message regarding the ProductKey property cannot be read.

Getting a little frustrated with the whole installation thingy

Gps3dx PC Specs
    MotherboardInc M.2 slot
    Mouse Logitech MX 518
    Accessory #1 Leap Motion

leave the Autounattend.xml alone as it is a bit difficult to deal with.
    Get a multipleEdition ISO, create bootable UEFI USB as I instruct in the OP.
    you can get multipleEdition ISO from HERE ( source - you need to be registered ).
    2ndly, read HERE a solution, although i'm skeptic as I read also that ei.cfg doesn't work anymore with win10 installation. ( it works for win7/8/8.1 for sure ).
    but you should give it a try.

Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast