Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast
    ROG Guru: Blue Belt Array Gps3dx PC Specs
    Gps3dx PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)Current: G751JT | Retired: G55VW, G51JX
    MotherboardInc M.2 slot
    Storage #1Samsungs EVO 850 128GB
    Storage #21TB HGST Travelstar 7K1000 (HTS721010A9E630)
    CPU CoolerMother Nature & Thermodynamics laws
    Mouse Logitech MX 518
    Headset/Speakers Logitech T6060
    OS Cleaned installed Windows 10 HOME x64
    Accessory #1 Leap Motion

Quote Originally Posted by ZIXEL View Post
    This is my problem :

1 i have my HDD totally "clean"(no recovery , no efi partition , no msr , no re tools) , without any partition or OS linux/windows

2 i need "BOOT UEFI MODE" MY CD/USB to install a clean win 8.1 in UEFI MODE (NOT CSM MODE)

3 i cannot get boot the CD/USB boot in "UEFI MODE" (i can boot with CSM BOOT and intall but i dont want install Windows in CSM MODE )

so i tryed all things of this basic repetitive tutorial and no works nothing ,

my computer is a g551jw ,
    if you have follows my guide 100%, I.E you boot correctly the USB, and created it in the right manner ( I.E GPT + FAT32 formatted USB ) - then the only thing that might be missing is the correct boot files:
    If the '\EFI\BOOT\BOOTX64.EFI' file is missing, you can copy the file to the USB drive by using...:The file bootmgfw.efi can also be extracted from a Windows 7 (or higher) x64 Install DVD. It is located in the 2.7 GByte+ large archive Install.wim in the subdirectory \sources (which should now be on your USB drive or can be obtained from the original ISO file). The archive can be extracted using an archiving program such as 7Zip. This file is usually located in the subdirectory "1" of the archive at 1\Windows\Boot\EFI\. Copy the file to the USB drive's \EFI\BOOT\ folder and rename the file to \EFI\BOOT\BOOTX64.EFI
    Read more: http://www.easy2boot.com/add-payload-files/win7-uefi/
    ignore the original aim of that source ( creation of multiboot USB instead of just windows installation disk ) as THIS USB BOOT METHOD APPLIES TO ANY UEFI based OS -> THUS, GO AND PERFORM THAT CHECK and if you're missing that file - create it on the USB !

ROG Guru: White Belt Array ZIXEL PC Specs
    ZIXEL PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)G551jw
    Motherboardg551 HM86 chipset
    Processori7 4720HQ
    Memory (part number)2133 , 16gb g.skill ripjaws ddr3
    Graphics Card #1Intel HD Graphics 4600
    Graphics Card #2Nvidia 960m 4gb OC
    Sound CardRealtek ALC668
    MonitorViewsonic XG2701 144hz
    Storage #11TB , 7200
    Storage #2MydigitalSSD 128gb msta mini
    Keyboard Corsair k63 wireless
    Mouse Zowie mico
    Headset Hyperx stinger
    Mouse Pad Logitech g640 cloud9 edition
    OS Win8.1/Win10/Parrot os dual boot

Quote Originally Posted by Gps3dx View Post
    if you have follows my guide 100%, I.E you boot correctly the USB, and created it in the right manner ( I.E GPT + FAT32 formatted USB ) - then the only thing that might be missing is the correct boot files:

ignore the original aim of that source ( creation of multiboot USB instead of just windows installation disk ) as THIS USB BOOT METHOD APPLIES TO ANY UEFI based OS -> THUS, GO AND PERFORM THAT CHECK and if you're missing that file - create it on the USB !
    i did it all , and still no works , cannot BOOT IN UEFI MODE absolutly any USB or DVD drive ,

-in EFI partion i did all this 5 days ago , extracted from \Sources\install.wim the bootmgfw.efi and copy rename to \EFI\BOOT\BOOTX64.EFI
    no works , i also accessed to a win 8.1 (from other computer) and got \Windows\Boot\EFI\bootmgfw.efi and copy to \EFI\BOOT\BOOTX64.EFI renamed..... ,

im not sure but i think just "I NEED THE DEFAULT FILES IN EFI PARTITION TO BOOT" , I Dont know if someone guy can upload those files of his g551jw.
    GG WP

I can recommend >>> http://voltground.com

I just play StarCraft II

Gps3dx PC Specs
    MotherboardInc M.2 slot
    Mouse Logitech MX 518
    Accessory #1 Leap Motion

Quote Originally Posted by ZIXEL View Post
    i did it all , and still no works , cannot BOOT IN UEFI MODE absolutly any USB or DVD drive ,

-in EFI partion i did all this 5 days ago , extracted from \Sources\install.wim the bootmgfw.efi and copy rename to \EFI\BOOT\BOOTX64.EFI
    no works , i also accessed to a win 8.1 (from other computer) and got \Windows\Boot\EFI\bootmgfw.efi and copy to \EFI\BOOT\BOOTX64.EFI renamed..... ,

im not sure but i think just "I NEED THE DEFAULT FILES IN EFI PARTITION TO BOOT" , I Dont know if someone guy can upload those files of his g551jw.
    All of the files you need in-order to have a bootable windows installtion disk, are found in the ISO files of the windows installation disk.
    From where did you got that copy of windows installation IMAGE ( I.E the ISO file ) ????
    Please download the ISO from "trusted" source (MSDN / MS servers / mydigitallife forum )
    Then, Perform MD5 / SHA1 check BEFORE copying its contents to the USB).

Here is a torrent MAGNETLINK for "Windows 8.1 with Update (multiple editions) (x64) - DVD - MultiLang":
    (Source)
    NOTE: This torrent contains the EN ISO... BUT:
    if you need any other language get that language exe as well - I guess together with the EN ISO it will recreate the ISO to be in your desired language.
    Then, Perform MD5 / SHA1 check BEFORE copying its contents to the USB)

File Name: en_windows_8.1_with_update_x64_dvd_4065090.iso
    Languages: English
    SHA1: 4652DC6EBFEBE02C6A63E167C36E3FAEDFB93999

File Name: es_windows_8.1_with_update_x64_dvd_4048389.iso
    Languages: Spanish
    SHA1: C0EC9D2B9B6D04013016CDFFF51661FC9C530C96

File Name: fr_windows_8.1_with_update_x64_dvd_4048183.iso
    Languages: French
    SHA1: 95CC3E79A59D57BEBE3D06E1065DCAAC9112B4F7
    if you need any other SHA1 please reply.

ROG Guru: White Belt Array ZIXEL PC Specs
    ZIXEL PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)G551jw
    Motherboardg551 HM86 chipset
    Processori7 4720HQ
    Memory (part number)2133 , 16gb g.skill ripjaws ddr3
    Graphics Card #1Intel HD Graphics 4600
    Graphics Card #2Nvidia 960m 4gb OC
    Sound CardRealtek ALC668
    MonitorViewsonic XG2701 144hz
    Storage #11TB , 7200
    Storage #2MydigitalSSD 128gb msta mini
    Keyboard Corsair k63 wireless
    Mouse Zowie mico
    Headset Hyperx stinger
    Mouse Pad Logitech g640 cloud9 edition
    OS Win8.1/Win10/Parrot os dual boot

Hey Guys i have good news ,

First thanks a lot for all

i take my computer for service computer , and they told me to start the boot , drivers should have the mothreboard and HDD ,
    they booting in UEFI mode and completly install , my computer its all ok now

I
    GG WP

I can recommend >>> http://voltground.com

I just play StarCraft II

ROG Member Array

cast otbacka

Newbie...
    I´ve a GL552VW; could i install all the windows 8.1 drivers? I´ve seen that some driver won´t work at 8.1 (exactly: *Complete* OFFICIAL ASUS DOWNLOAD PAGE per Model).
    Which is the driver for trackpack?

Is somewhere a manual to intall windows 8.1....i´ve at the moment freedos, and i have problems installing 8.1, always rebooting.....

Thanks so much!

Gps3dx PC Specs
    MotherboardInc M.2 slot
    Mouse Logitech MX 518
    Accessory #1 Leap Motion

@Choyin hello

1. You should invest a small time reading at least my 1st and 2nd post in the thread - it should give you idea how to install windows 7/8.1/10.
    2. few post ago (#33) i've posted a credible source for win8.1 ISO ( the windows 8.1 installation disk image ).
    3. about drivers - it depends what's bugging you -
      if it is the touchpad ( aka trackpack in your words ) or any other driver - you should enter the exact model support download page in OFFICIAL ASUS SUPPORT SITE.
      You can get a direct link through my post COMPLETE ASUS SUPPORT DOWNLOADS ! (Part 1/2).
      Note the post beneath it, i.e Part 2/2 - isn't updated - so links are out-dated ( cuz of asus implemented changed to the support site ) - i'm working on that.
      Also, HIGHLY ADVISABLE to download the drivers found in (part 1/1): *RECOMMENDED* DRIVERS (3rd party, not ASUS).
      As these drivers are typically NOT BEING UPDATED BY ASUS, thus you must return the source - these 3rd party companies like intel, nvidia etc - cuz it is actually them, who update and release these drivers to laptop manufacturers.
    4. more about drivers - note that Asus's drivers aren't perfect in any way - true holds to any other source of drivers.
      E.I: Some are better cause they allows a Better FPS - but may be aren't stable. the way around also true.
      Driver installation is more of a "feeling" then exact science - as it should be - cause a driver is never a "final" version - manufacturer always found new bugs and new tech & optimization to implement.

Therefore, you can get aid from our forum, such as threads/guides I got in my signature ( usb 3.0 superspeed | FN remapping etc.... ).

Note that searching is you best m8 ( through rog.asus.com internal search engine or google etc... ), as veterans around this forum appreciate others ( I.E noobs ) reading their stuff, and also appreciate if they try it themself - BEFORE replying.
      ( don't take it personal here - I try to answer Questions in the most general way, that can serve the general community around here )

My hope is that by writing guides, other can "upgrade" their PC maintenance knowledge.
      Same is true when ppl try other's advises/guides and report back if it succeed/failed etc...

good luck.

Banned Array

is the gl551jw

thanks for this!

ROG Enthusiast Array

GUIDE: HOW TO (EASILY!) UPGRADE FROM WIN7 SP1/8.1 WITHOUT GOING THROUGH THE UPGRADE PROCESS ITSELF !
    *** my own remarks/notes in green color ***
    Preconditions:
    1. You have win7 SP1/8.1 activated successfully.
      This actually doesn't apply to VL Volume_licenses no KMS (loader yes, pre-installations yes, OEM_DM for w8.1 yes, OEM system builder yes, retail yes), since they are officially not upgradeable.
    2. Download your original w10 ISO which is suitable for the upgrade path. I.E. W7(SP1) Ultimate upgrades to w10 pro.
    I am very intrigued by this "How To". I just received a new G751 with an HDD in the right bay with Windows 10 installed. I am installing a Samsung SM951 M.2 SSD in the open left bay, on which I will need to perform a fresh install of Windows 10. Since the Win 10 installation I received is OEM, I don't have a valid Product Key.

Will this approach work going from Win 10 to Win 10 rather than Win 7/8.1 to Win 10?

If not, what do I need to do?

Gps3dx PC Specs
    MotherboardInc M.2 slot
    Mouse Logitech MX 518
    Accessory #1 Leap Motion

Hi m8,
    If you already got windows 10 installed from asus - connect to the internet and press on "computer" right click-> properties-> a window opens, look down to see if your computer is "genuine".
    if so - MS servers knows your laptop product key - it is embedded in the motherboard and also registered in their servers
    You can freely format and reinstall windows 10 -> once installed, connect to the internet and your windows should contact automatically MS servers to get the product key back ( you can even activate windows with general public OEM key and it will get genuine - as it knows from MS servers that your computer really is a genuine PC )

so the guide I wrote about uprading from win 7/8 does not apply to you.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Hi m8,
    If you already got windows 10 installed from asus - connect to the internet and press on "computer" right click-> properties-> a window opens, look down to see if your computer is "genuine".
    if so - MS servers knows your laptop product key - it is embedded in the motherboard and also registered in their servers
    You can freely format and reinstall windows 10 -> once installed, connect to the internet and your windows should contact automatically MS servers to get the product key back ( you can even activate windows with general public OEM key and it will get genuine - as it knows from MS servers that your computer really is a genuine PC )

so the guide I wrote about uprading from win 7/8 does not apply to you.
    I checked my computer properties, and I don't see the mention of "genuine" anywhere. It says Windows is activated, but no "genuine". See attached screen shot.
    Last edited by jbayko; 12-17-2015 at 06:46 PM.

Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast