Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast
    ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array

Quote Originally Posted by King_Arthas View Post
    Gps3dx thanks for this thread and guide... It helps a lot... clarifying the source of the issue and how to deal with it.

However I still have a problem... I need x86 OS for car programing and diagnostic software/cables as Galletto, MPPS, etc.

Gents do you know how can install Windows 10 x86 on asus g552vw-cn288d? It has one SATA and one NVME SSD.

I was able to install:
    Windows 7 x86 -no drivers. So no mouse, touch-pad, LAN or WIFI. Installation is possible only from CD/DVD not from USB.
    Windows 7 x64- maybe there are some drivers, however those that i try from Win 10 didn`t work. So no mouse, touch-pad, LAN or WIFI. Installation is possible only from CD/DVD not from USB.
    Windows 10 x86 - give error. See attachment. Same story from USB and CD/DVD
    Windows 10 x64 - No Issues from USB

Presently my SSD is prepared under windows 10 installation so I can not install win 7 on it. Still can install it on HDD if there are any drivers.

Best Regards...
    Nvme is only uefi boot. You have to upgrade to lastest firmware that enable you to install os on sata channel. Than install with windows 10 x86 iso (maybe you have to provide a new serial) use third party software like snappy driver to find related x86 drivers. It's only a suggesstion, never tried

ROG Member Array

Thanks for replay...
    It comes with latest firmware (bios/uefi). DMI BIOS Version GL552VW.216.

I found the issue.

Need to boot NON UEFI mode to be able to start Win 10 x86. Also can not be installed on same SSD/HDD as x64.
    Windows 10 x64 need GPT
    Windows 10 x86 need non GPT (MBR) based drive..

So I can install x86 on the HDD
    Last edited by King_Arthas; 03-14-2016 at 01:46 PM.

ROG Guru: Blue Belt Array Gps3dx PC Specs
    Gps3dx PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)Current: G751JT | Retired: G55VW, G51JX
    MotherboardInc M.2 slot
    Storage #1Samsungs EVO 850 128GB
    Storage #21TB HGST Travelstar 7K1000 (HTS721010A9E630)
    CPU CoolerMother Nature & Thermodynamics laws
    Mouse Logitech MX 518
    Headset/Speakers Logitech T6060
    OS Cleaned installed Windows 10 HOME x64
    Accessory #1 Leap Motion

any OS based x86 on any laptop with more then or equal to 4GB RAM is like throwing away money for free.
    My advise, spend your money on a 1/8 of ROG laptop's price and put an x86 on it.
    if you need 16bit support ( AFAIK up until windows 7 x86, but I might be mistaken), install x86 OS on virtualbox and emulate that OS on your X64 OS - that way you can enjoy both worlds of x32 and x64, and still have a monstrous laptop for gaming.

ROG Member Array

It is a pain in the ass to use 2 machines... And virtual machine will not work good with interface cable drivers.

1st I need every day machine with good performance.
    2nd weekly I need to program a car... So no antivirus and good battery. Same time all org/mod files, soft for modding maps, logs are on the same PC.

What ever new issue arise. I install x86 on HDD, then x64 on SSD. Now I have no boot menu.
    Any tips on EasyBCD, as it no giving result.
    x64 is OK.
    x86 getting the same msg as the one from screenshot during installation when boot as UEFI. Not finding *.efi.

ROG Guru: Blue Belt Array Gps3dx PC Specs
    Gps3dx PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)Current: G751JT | Retired: G55VW, G51JX
    MotherboardInc M.2 slot
    Storage #1Samsungs EVO 850 128GB
    Storage #21TB HGST Travelstar 7K1000 (HTS721010A9E630)
    CPU CoolerMother Nature & Thermodynamics laws
    Mouse Logitech MX 518
    Headset/Speakers Logitech T6060
    OS Cleaned installed Windows 10 HOME x64
    Accessory #1 Leap Motion

What ever new issue arise. I install x86 on HDD, then x64 on SSD. Now I have no boot menu.
    Any tips on EasyBCD, as it no giving result.
    x64 is OK.
    x86 getting the same msg as the one from screenshot during installation when boot as UEFI. Not finding *.efi.
    AFAIK you can't use same bootloader for MBR & UEFI in the same time, you have to "chainload" ( grub/grub2 term ) another bootloader.
    I know you can have your MBR bootloader ( from the x86 Windows ) installed, and add another boot line to "chainload" uefi compatible bootloader.
    I don't know of a way to "chainload" MS UEFI bootloader from MS MBR bootloader.... but I think it is possible to chainload "refind" ( uefi bootloader ) from MS MBR bootloader ( or any other MBR based bootloader ).
    Take a look at this comment, and also here.
    This should give you some ideas for what to look for ( if at all ).
    I know also that there is a way to chainload "clover" ( uefi bootloader ) from MBR based bootloaders, as does the tool for multiboot on USB's, named easy2boot.

The easy solution is to set your bios on CSM enabled ( i.e BIOS mode emulation ) and to press ESC during boot to select the appropriate bootloader you wish to load. ( uefi bootlader should be seen on the boot-selection menu, even when working with CSM enabled ).

Thanks for replay...
    It comes with latest firmware (bios/uefi). DMI BIOS Version GL552VW.216.

I found the issue.

Need to boot NON UEFI mode to be able to start Win 10 x86. Also can not be installed on same SSD/HDD as x64.
    Windows 10 x64 need GPT
    Windows 10 x86 need non GPT (MBR) based drive..

So I can install x86 on the HDD
    Sure, because Windows 7iso don't peek serial from bios, windows 10 iso does. Try to inject serial using ei.cfg

ROG Member Array

I give up... will use live Win 10 PE USB stick

"Your card reader is PCI. Rufus is an USB tool (hence its name). I have no plans to add detection for PCI devices as it would enable the listing of internal disks and result in some users formatting a drive with valuable data by mistake.
    Last edited by King_Arthas; 03-15-2016 at 08:14 PM.

You mean "windows to go"?

ROG Member Array

I mean windows environment that run from USB... and let me to install drivers for my peripheral tools.
    Last edited by King_Arthas; 03-15-2016 at 08:25 PM.

New ROGer Array

Question

Hello everyone,

I have reinstalled my Windows 10 on an G751JY according to this guide but when I try to boot in the UEFI environment,
    I cannot see any difference between the old BIOS and the UEFI one (I've tried to boot in the UEFI via the Recovery option
    in Windows)

I have checked the things below and all seems to point that I should have the UEFI BIOS:
    • no blinking underscore when booting (only the Asus ROG logo then the log-on screen)
    • i have checked the partition type for Disk 0 in Disk Management and it's GPT
    • the Callback_BootEnvironmentDetect returns EFI

Did I install it correctly?

Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast