cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A blue screen once per day!

Lifescayper
Level 7
Hello,

I am in need of some advice since I have no clue what to do next.

The System
ASUS Rampage V Extreme
Intel Core i7-5960X
4x F4-2133C15-8GRK (F4-2133C15Q-32GRK 32 GB Kit)
2x NVIDIA GeForce GTX TITAN X SC (SLI)
2x Samsung 850 Pro 512GB
Sound onboard
3x Monitor
Windows 10 Pro

I am running the two SSD's in RAID1 and I am NOT overclocking anything, also I have water cooling for both GPU's and the CPU which are not overheating.

My Situation
Whenever I start a game and play it for around an hour (45-60 minutes) I get a blue screen. It always happens durng this time frame.
Most of the times I also get a sound loop which then freezes and goes to the blue screen.

This only happens once per day!

After that, I can play the whole day and do whatever I want - no blue screens, no problems.
Now the real problem is that I almost always get a different blue screen error code and just can't figure out who/what is causing this. (Image attached)

Sometimes the dump is not being created due to my pc restarting right away.

I tried the following things:
- Running MemTest for several hours -> no errors
- Removed different memory sticks -> no difference
- Re/Un-installed graphics drivers -> no difference
- Reinstalled Windows -> no difference
- Flashed BIOS to 1701 -> no difference
- Checked timings and V+ on RAM -> everything OK

Lately I noticed that my sound device seems to stop working right before I get the blue screen - in one case I saw that my sound device got disabled in Teamspeak 3.
Normaly the sound loop hits me right away or the blue screen kicks in, but sometimes I can keep playing for another 15 seconds after I'm hearing the "sound loop" and my other screens froze.

On the other hand, If I don't start a game and just browse the internet or watch a video - everything is fine and there are no blue screens.

Any ideas or pointers on where I should look next?
How can this problem only exist until I had a blue screen, once per day?

Thanks.
45 REPLIES 45

GoNz0-
Level 10
try whocrashed to get a better idea of what drivers/device may be the issue.

http://www.resplendence.com/whocrashed

GoNz0- wrote:
try whocrashed to get a better idea of what drivers/device may be the issue.

http://www.resplendence.com/whocrashed

Hello GoNz0-,

thanks for the tip - my attached screenshot is actually taken from WhoCrashed.
Sadly I didn't find any real hints, even with the help of WhoCrashed, for who or what is causing the blue screens.

Chino
Level 15
Lifescayper wrote:

The System
4x F4-2133C15-8GRK (32 GB Kit)

If I had to take a first guess, I would say it's because you're combining 4 individual sticks instead of using a single 32GB kit. Plus I see a lot of MEMORY_MANAGEMENT errors in your log.

Chino wrote:
If I had to take a first guess, I would say it's because you're combining 4 individual sticks instead of using a single 32GB kit. Plus I see a lot of MEMORY_MANAGEMENT errors in your log.

Hello Chino,

I believe that to be my fault in the original post - I took the description from CPU-Z for the single modules as I actually have a KIT:
G.Skill DIMM 32 GB DDR4-2133 Kit (F4-2133C15Q-32GRK, Ripjaws 4 Black)

Chino
Level 15

Chino wrote:
Correct.

You mentioned running Memtest. Did you run HCI Memtest or Memtest86+?

Hello Chino,

I did run Memtest86+

Lifescayper wrote:
Hello Chino,

I did run Memtest86+

Please run HCI Memtest instead. There is a section on how to run that tool in my DDR4 3000 guide that's linked in my signature. Report back your results when done.

GoNz0-
Level 10
what PSU and have you connected the molex at the bottom of the motherboard as well as both 8 pin (or 8x4?) cpu power cables to the board?

GoNz0- wrote:
what PSU and have you connected the molex at the bottom of the motherboard as well as both 8 pin (or 8x4?) cpu power cables to the board?

Hello GoNz0-,

as a PSU I got the: 850 Watt Corsair HXi Series Modular 80+ Platinum

I did connect my 8 pin molex for the cpu at the top of the mainboard, next to the 4 pin (which is not connected).
Where should the other molex at the bottom be? (Image attached)