cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phoebus Win 10 Beta driver

Florin
Level 7
So... the driver is here, it seems it doesn`t have Sonic Studio Pro interface anymore, even though on their website the interface is advertised ... So what`s this driver all about ? Is it a rebadged old driver ?
i7-4790k + Corsair H80i | Asus Maximus VII Ranger | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1866 | Sapphire R9-290 OC Vapor-X 4GB | Asus Xonar Phoebus + Audio Technica M50 | 1xSSD Corsair 120 GB | 4x1 TB Seagate HDD | Corsair CX750M | Corsair Carbide 300R | Razer Taipan + Logitech G11 | Windows 10 64bit
19 REPLIES 19

Tuoni
Level 7
I don't see how the absence of Sonic Studio is a bad thing...

ps
Why create a new thread while there's already a long ongoing thread about windows 10 drivers here?

And no it's not a re-badged old driver as the old windows 2013 WHQL driver works 100x better then this pile of code that is simply FUBAR.

oG_kill3r
Level 7
I'm glad no Sonic Studio interface ! I prefer the ROG interface !

Florin
Level 7
The old topic was from a time when the Win 10 driver was not released, and thus contain a lot of out dated information 🙂
And i`m not saying that the new interface was good ( i personally didn`t used it) but i find it ... i don`t know.. hilarious that on their website they advertise the card with some stuff and they release drivers without the stuff they are bragging about.

Everything related to this card seems to be stupid and ASUS is acting like a little chinese company that nobody expects from them to even give a damn about it.

BTW, go to Device Manager and press proprieties on the sound card, you`ll be amazed:
Driver provider: C-Media Electronics Inc.
Driver date: 06-Dec-13
Driver version: 8.1.1.35

Nothing has changed, probably just the INI file. ASUS you can stick your 3 months later "win 10" beta driver up your *** This is not how an ROG product should be supported!!!

i7-4790k + Corsair H80i | Asus Maximus VII Ranger | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1866 | Sapphire R9-290 OC Vapor-X 4GB | Asus Xonar Phoebus + Audio Technica M50 | 1xSSD Corsair 120 GB | 4x1 TB Seagate HDD | Corsair CX750M | Corsair Carbide 300R | Razer Taipan + Logitech G11 | Windows 10 64bit

Florin wrote:

BTW, go to Device Manager and press proprieties on the sound card, you`ll be amazed:
Driver provider: C-Media Electronics Inc.
Driver date: 06-Dec-13
Driver version: 8.1.1.35

C-media is known for not signing there drivers properly.
Check out the new 1823 drivers. It is a new driver version indeed but it's signed as the old version.

So driver signature alone doesn't really mean anything when it comes to C-Media. These might be very well new drivers but that still doesn't change the fact that they work even worse then the 2013 WHQL ones.

Glasofruix
Level 8
Well, since c-media hasn't released anything i don't think asus has enough material to work with in the first place. Not making excuses for them though, they should be kicknig c-media's doors and friggin communicate with us.

CesarSMX
Level 7
So, is it working fine?? or same **** than before??? I am using the onboard card! and i am planning on selling this S H I T, and never buy a fkin ASUS product again! so any news???

Greetings!.

CesarSMX wrote:
So, is it working fine?? or same **** than before???
Greetings!.

Worse then before.
I installed the 2013 WHQL drivers without any major issues. The latest September 2015 BETA driver doesn't even want to load after a system reboot... and that is just the beginning of all the troubles that is waiting for you with these drivers.

Do yourself a favor and skip the September 2015 BETA driver completely... Do yourself even a bigger favor and get rid of the Phoebus to get a Xonar that is supported by the UNi Xonar driver project, I promise you that you won't regret it.

I am astounded that a company that pulled in US$12billion in revenue in 2013 is unable to hire a translator to write a coherent description of their drivers. I realise ASUS is a Chinese company, but this is really sad.

ROG Xonar Phoebus driver for Win10
Please be noted that this beta driver has the issues. It has been debugging and a fixed driver will be uploaded soon.
The use of features below is not recommended.
1.When sound effect is on, it can’t be played.
2.SPDIF out via DDL cannot be played.

Samaelvonhell
Level 7
We all should send asus some rice. The summer was hot and i think asus employees dont even have strength to think because of hunger, let alone begging c-media for drivers - that would cost some rice balls as well. Common everybody, rice for asus time, rice for those greedy, hungry chinese *******s