cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

About G20CB with EVGA GTX 980 Ti Superclocked ACX 2.0+.

W0lfeR_
Level 7
Hello guys soon i'm thinking to buy G20CB. I'm planning to upgrade the GPU , SSD , HDD.So i'm wondering what might been if i put EVGA GTX 980 Ti Superclocked ACX 2.0+ it will fit (want to put this card inside because EVGA's ACX 2.0+ fans turn off below 60 degrees generating 0 dB of noise, so this means this card will be ultra quiet than the reference design and from 22 dB i'm sure it will be 20 dB or lower) I know i need Dell Y90RR 330W AC Adapter PSU.I've read a lot of threads and found one guy he wrote - I can tell you from experience a EVGA GTX 980 FTW will fit/install, but the fans will not work properly for which I am assuming is voltage reasons. The fans will try to spin up but cannot be commanded even through the eVGA Precision software, and will get hot under any load outside desktop environment. Once I installed a reference GTX 980 into the system everything work properly including the eVGA Precision software fan controls. My guess is that any card with dual 6-pin PCI-E power connectors should "probably" work, but if it is a 8-Pin + 6-Pin, then forget about it.

So if i put EVGA GTX 980 FTW which is using 8 + 6 pin or EVGA GTX 980 Ti Superclocked ACX 2.0+ or FTW edition, i'm pretty sure that will have problems with the fans and detecting GPU in the BIOS ?
0 REPLIES 0