Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Holy banana 980 NON-"M" for Laptops!

Darnassus
Status Under Review
9 REPLIES 9

toronto699
Level 13
Darnasus great find , this news makes my G751 feel old , cannot wait for an asus G752

mihaimoga
Level 9
G752 still has the M version. GX700 has the desktop chipset.

mihaimoga wrote:
G752 still has the M version. GX700 has the desktop chipset.

The specs for both the G700 and G752 are subject to change , MSI , Alienware will have a G980 NON m without a huge cooling dock attached like the G700.
other manufactures as well without extra bulky cooler

toronto699 wrote:
The specs for both the G700 and G752 are subject to change , MSI , Alienware will have a G980 NON m without a huge cooling dock attached like the G700.
other manufactures as well without extra bulky cooler

the bulky cooler as you call it has its own extra power supply so it will be able to handle more power then without one so that means higher performance. asus say up to 70% more. Clicking it in that dock will also automaticly overclock the cpu and gpu. as for the watercooling thats solely for the nvidia card, not the cpu as asus say it can handle the overclock with the air cooler, there is a dutch video about that new laptop explaining it a bit more:

http://tweakers.net/reviews/4177/asus-rog-gx700-overklokbare-gamelaptop-met-waterkoeling.html

crap it has no subtitles, sorry

Maxter
Level 9
yup, it's a non-mobile GPU on a laptop. This is real. The current drivers from nVidia released today provide the "support" 355.98.
There is however some issues with those drivers that "seem" to be fixed with the latest developer driver 356.04

Wulff
Level 9
i want one 🙂

toronto699
Level 13
Wulff thanks for info and Dutch video , languages is no problem , no mention of weight though

Wulff
Level 9
final specs cant be that long anymore now. specs will be available here when they add them i guess: http://www.asus.com/Notebooks/GX700VO/

Darnassus
Status Under Review
I just hope to see it in a G751-like chassis someday.