cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BIO Update - G75VX unable to boot

Wasarih
Level 7
I am using the ROG G75VX and recently I've updated the BIO to v206. However after upgrading I encountered a problem whereby during the startup process, the screen wouldn't even light up. But the laptop still show its indicator lights on just that its not running which I suspected was a problem with the updated BIOS not being able to co-exist with more than 16GB of RAM.

Specifications of RAM card:

Strontium 8GB
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I used a few case scenario to finally determined that the BIOS is unable to co-exist with more than 16GB of RAM which I will explain below, take note that before BIOS V206, I had no problems at all.

1) My RAM configuration is 3x 8GB of ram. I went to resit the RAMs, every of them but it did not work.

2) Swapped the position of the RAM cards, still did not work.

3) Remove any of the RAM in either of the RAM slots to ensure that there was only 16GB of RAM, the system booted up just fine.
- Re-tried with another slots to also ensure that only 2 RAMS cards are inserted, the system also booted up just fine.

Hopefully someone has had this issue before and could enlighten me on a fix or a setting that I have missed.
1 REPLY 1

toronto699
Level 13