Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    ROG Member Array

When i click that white triangle i only see two options, auto and manual, by default it is set at auto.

Regarding your next post, yes the ram voltage & timings are set already at 1.2 & 15-15-15-35 as gskill posted on it's website. The kit proudly bears compatible with Z170 tag, but still because of someone's error during testing be it gskill, asus or intel, these memory management errors occur.

Has asus or intel said anything about releasing a fix for this or at least are they even working to solve this issue ?
    Miniatura de Adjuntos Miniatura de Adjuntos GSkill Ripjaws V F4-2133C15D-16GVR Specs.jpg  

20150924_145554-1.jpg  

New ROGer Array

Hello, I have the same problem and I have not found the solution. I have 32 gb ddr4-2400 GSkill RipJawsV.

ROG Member Array sargeoif PC Specs
    sargeoif PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)Alienware M14 R2
    MotherboardAsus Maximus VIII
    ProcessorIntel i-5 6600k
    Memory (part number)Corsair Dominator Platinum (32GB DDR4) 2666 16-18-18-35 CMD32GX4M4A2666C15
    Graphics Card #1EVGA Geforce GTX 970 (SSC)
    Storage #1Intel 730 Series 240GB
    Storage #2Seagate 4TB
    CPU CoolerCorsair H100i GTX
    CaseThermaltake Overseer RX-I
    Power SupplyCorsair CX850M
    Keyboard Razer Blackwidow Chroma
    Mouse Razer Deathadder Chroma
    Headset Razer Krakken Chroma

One of your sticks of memory is bad man. I had this same problem with my ram and I did a memtest on them. turned out 1 of my sticks were toast. Same BSOD and everything.

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by sargeoif View Post
    One of your sticks of memory is bad man. I had this same problem with my ram and I did a memtest on them. turned out 1 of my sticks were toast. Same BSOD and everything.
    Check my memtest86 results in the OP & Windows memory diagnostics didn't show any errors too, i don't want to rush this, i played shadow of mordor for 15 minutes without any crashes also no problem while daily computing or playing HD stuff till now. As i properly stated this happens randomly during system restarts. It should be noted that these restarts include, auto restarts after OS installs or pressing restart option on a restart prompt after a driver installation. Or as i said this happens 1 out of 9-10 times when i perform a restart from windows power options from the start menu. Though for some it may take less or more number of restarts.

This is a cause of concern because i found mostly this happens when the ram had higher usage for the tasks before restart. This is not concrete though & just feels embarrassing to see such an error on a powerful system.

@ PEREJIL, i'd suggest mailing asus, gskill & intel, this issue wont be solved till they feel the same level of headache & disbelief that we feel.

ROG Member Array sargeoif PC Specs
    sargeoif PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)Alienware M14 R2
    MotherboardAsus Maximus VIII
    ProcessorIntel i-5 6600k
    Memory (part number)Corsair Dominator Platinum (32GB DDR4) 2666 16-18-18-35 CMD32GX4M4A2666C15
    Graphics Card #1EVGA Geforce GTX 970 (SSC)
    Storage #1Intel 730 Series 240GB
    Storage #2Seagate 4TB
    CPU CoolerCorsair H100i GTX
    CaseThermaltake Overseer RX-I
    Power SupplyCorsair CX850M
    Keyboard Razer Blackwidow Chroma
    Mouse Razer Deathadder Chroma
    Headset Razer Krakken Chroma

I would try using a combination of driver verifier and blue screen viewer to narrow down the problem if it is driver related.

New ROGer Array

Hello, tonight make a memtest86+ at 4 sticks of RAM the computer froze in the test 7. Later do memtest86+ with 2 sticks and for 1 hour and pass the test, then did the same with the other 2 sticks for 1 hour and I pass the test.

Right now I have a computer running for 24 hours with 2 sticks and everything works fine.

My opinion is that my Asus Maximus Hero VIII does not work with 4 sticks G.Skill Ripjaws DDR4 2400 Red V 32GB PC4-19200 CL15.

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by PEREJIL View Post
    Hello, tonight make a memtest86+ at 4 sticks of RAM the computer froze in the test 7. Later do memtest86+ with 2 sticks and for 1 hour and pass the test, then did the same with the other 2 sticks for 1 hour and I pass the test.

Right now I have a computer running for 24 hours with 2 sticks and everything works fine.

My opinion is that my Asus Maximus Hero VIII does not work with 4 sticks G.Skill Ripjaws DDR4 2400 Red V 32GB PC4-19200 CL15.
    You may have used sequential cores setting in memtest86 that may be why it froze. I use two sticks only. And they worked well on both 1 & 3, 2 & 4 slots.

Mine didn't give me any error for normal operation, yesterday i played shadows of mordor for 1 hour, as i said check if the memory management error occurs during a restart operation. For me i get it only during that but it still worries me as it might lead to a problem where i cannot regain my data in word, power point or any other app if the system restarts automatically someday.

Tech Marketing Manager HQ Array Raja@ASUS's Avatar

If the board has the option, set Maximus Tweak Mode 1 in the DRAM timing page. If not, increase system agent voltage and IO voltage to 1.15V

ROG Member Array

After getting both Ram & Maximus hero RMA's there is no change. 16gb works fine 32gb no joy. Were going to need more than tweak setting 1 & raise sa & io to fix this. Can anyone say X-38?.......

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by Raja@ASUS View Post
    If the board has the option, set Maximus Tweak Mode 1 in the DRAM timing page. If not, increase system agent voltage and IO voltage to 1.15V
    The first screenshot shows the only options that are available for me to change in the DRAM Timing page, there is no Maximus Tweak Mode 1 option.

In the second screenshot you can see except the CPU Core/cache voltage other voltages are auto set & cannot be changed. Even if CPU Core/cache voltage is set to manual.

In the 3rd you can see XMP is disabled & there is no enable option for it.
    Miniatura de Adjuntos Miniatura de Adjuntos Bios 1.jpg  

Bios 2.jpg  

Bios 3.jpg  

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast