cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where is asus smart gesture so i can uninstall it.

Otokonokotron
Level 7
G751JL

i cant get the tab for the actual elan driver to show up under mouse otions.
and i dont like having like 4 options under the useless smart gesture app. i'm using several applications where i really need to
adjust my touchpad sensitivity and control and this is rediculous.
http://www.asus.com/support/FAQ/1009643/
thats the most bs logic ive ever seen.

anyways i can't find it in removable programs or program files so they musta named it something weird, or if there's some other
way to get to your actual touchpad driver settings please let me know, thanks.
6 REPLIES 6

Gps3dx
Level 12
Otokonokotron wrote:
...anyways i can't find it in removable programs or program files so they musta named it something weird

if you've installed the official asus's and correct elan driver, it should appear in the "add or remove" (Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Programs and Features) as: 51823

Otokonokotron wrote:
... if there's some other way to get to your actual touchpad driver settings please let me know, thanks.

Since on asus official support page for G751JL ( as well for the G5751JT/Y) there isn't any driver published for win10 x64, so you just need to get the latest driver for win 8.1 x64 ( the currently latest is Version V11.5.16.2 )

• 1st, remove any touchpad driver you've previously installed.
    open CMD with admin privileges, cd to the extracted folder of the original installer and run "UNinstall.bat" -> WAIT FOR THE RUNNING "LINE" TO FINISH ITS WORK !
  • IMPORTANT STEP: CLOSE ANY INTERNET CONNECTION !!! ( I.E Wifi, Ethernet... etc... )
  • After zip extraction of the latest driver from asus DO NOT run the setup.exe !!!
    open CMD with admin privileges, cd to the extracted folder and run "install.bat" -> WAIT FOR THE RUNNING "LINE" TO FINISH ITS WORK !
  • REBOOT !!!
  • The "mouse" config window in the control panel might be missing the "elan" tab, it's ok...
  • open "%ProgramFiles%\Elantech\" and give permanent "run as admin" privileges to "ASUS_UI.exe", "ASUS_UI_win8.exe" and "ASUS_UI_win10.exe".
    you do that so you'll be able to save any preferences you might change.
  • Then, look for a "touchpad" icon in the systray -> double click it -> asus smart gesture should appear.
    ( in your startup list there should be a for ETDCtrl wth value of "%ProgramFiles%\Elantech\ETDCtrl.exe" )
  • You can restore internet connection
  • P.S , you might as well want to install ( the same way ) the "postpatch.bat" which by its description "Disable Three Fingers Function For ELAN".

enjoy.
Asus G751JT
Samsung EVO 850 120GB + 1TB HDD 7200RPM
Cleaned installed Win 10 HOME
My Guides:

• [POST=538713]ROG LAPTOPS: COMPLETE DRIVER LIST ![/POST]
  • [POST=538713]How to install windows 8/8.1/10 on any UEFI supported laptop the PROPER way[/POST]
  • [POST=538711]HOW TO (EASILY!) UPGRADE FROM WIN7 SP1/8.1 WITHOUT GOING THROUGH THE UPGRADE PROCESS ITSELF ![/POST]
  • [POST=605307]HOW TO REMAP FN+KEY AND SPECIAL BUTTONS: "STEAM", "ROG" & "SHADOWPLAY"[/POST]
  • [POST=539663]Win 10 x64: SETUP USB @SUPERSPEED, NO HANG-UPS! | ACCELERATES USB 3.0/2.0 TRANSFER RATE SPEED TWICE![/POST]

ok great, wow this actually. o well i guess smart gesture is part of the system then.

if i go to the ETDAniConfig.exe i can get to the settings i want. i guess the trick is not conflicting with the asus smart gesture thing?
(also it see everything seems to remember my settings without the run as admin checked).

so asus smart gesture must marry itself to whatever driver they put out for the laptop then. so the ETD control center which has its
true icon displayed in the startup list gets asus's in the actually system tray. ugh. i dont understand why they would take somehting
that works great and force it to work horribly or not at all. (especially on a 1600 dollar machine where i really need the options)

anyways youve been a huge help at ive gotten to where i can edit the actual options of the driver, thanks.

why would you want to disable the three finger thing for elan? i just have them unchecked. do they conflict with smart gesture?

(just made a shortcut for the driver options. also whatever adjustments i make in the elan seem to not confilict with
smart gesture and are favored over whatever is set in smart gesture so so far its working fine)

thanks again this was a huge headache

Gps3dx
Level 12
This smells like something is not right...
Asus didn't released any touchpad driver for windows 10 x64 not x32, for either G75JT/Y/L !

so.... I dig up a bit more.
I found out that they release whats called "Smart Gesture" on his own package.... and surprisingly it has asus's official windows 10 support !
GET THE LATEST "Smart Gesture" DRIVER FROM HERE , make sure to choose windows 10 x64.
What this version gives you is windows 10 compatible touchpad special keys ! ( in comparison with the win8.1 asus's elan touchpad driver )

The install procedure I tried resembles the one I guide in the above post.
I guess, because it is win10 compatible, using the setup.exe is enough - but it need further confirmation for that. ( any reply will be appriciated )

I also noticed that because I was using older ATK because I perform my guide "HOW TO CONFIG ANY FN COMBO (fn+key) INCLUDING "ShadowPlay", "Steam" suddenly FN+F9 ( touchpad on/off ) stopped working after i've install "Smart Gesture" win 10 DRIVER.
I solved it by same method as I described in my guide by extracting a newer ATK installer msi file, BUT THIS TIME, I copy "AsusTPCfg.exe" & "AsusTPCfg64.exe" to "C:\Program Files (x86)\ASUS\ATK Package\ATK Hotkey".
And then wonder ! FN+F9 works !!!

i'll update my guide with the info about the different exe needed inorder for the asusNbKey to work 100% with each touchpad drivers.
EDIT: i've update the guide.
Asus G751JT
My Guides:

• [POST=538713]How to install windows 8/8.1/10 on any UEFI supported laptop the PROPER way[/POST]
  • [POST=538711]HOW TO (EASILY!) UPGRADE FROM WIN7 SP1/8.1 WITHOUT GOING THROUGH THE UPGRADE PROCESS ITSELF ![/POST]
  • [POST=605307]HOW TO REMAP FN+KEY AND SPECIAL BUTTONS: "STEAM", "ROG" & "SHADOWPLAY"[/POST]
  • [POST=539663]Win 10 x64: SETUP USB @SUPERSPEED, NO HANG-UPS! | ACCELERATES USB 3.0/2.0 TRANSFER RATE SPEED TWICE![/POST]

sry i forgot to mention im on win 8.1.

my main goal was to get rid of the asus smart gesture, but apparently you cant since its in the atk package and latches onto wahtever
touchpad driver you're using and replaces it with its incredibly lacking list of options.

though thanks to the advice before i was able to at least get to the actual elan options.

(again if theres an end all way to nuke the smart gesture thing i'm all ears)

Otokonokotron wrote:
sry i forgot to mention im on win 8.1.

Hehe.... lol... why didn't you mention this before ?
Anywho, mad bad... don't know why I presume that you're workng on win 10...

Well... here are bad & good news....
the good news is that I found a solution for you...
read the "Most Helpful Reply" HERE
I've done it myself on windows 10... so I guess it work on 8.1 as well...

The bad news is that installing 3rd party ( even elan official ) driver, I.E not from asus, cause the fn+F9 to stop working, with new (ATKPackage_Win10_64_VER100039) or old (ATK_Package_win7_32_Z100008) ATK drivers.
read here for the reason I tried them both.

I'm going to try another solution... so i'll update soon.... ( WIP :cool: )
hint: I think there is a way to work with asus official touchpad driver & having the ELAN tab as well in the "mouse" control panel section.

EDIT: could find what you wish...
I did find this thread - so you're not the only one asking that feature.
I so noticed that Asus Smart Gesture do appears in the control panel.... besides mouse (i.e same level int he control panel)...

off topic - why you don't upgrade to win10 ?
have you got a look on my new guide for "HOW TO (EASILY!) UPGRADE FROM WIN7 SP1/8.1 WITHOUT GOING THROUGH THE UPGRADE PROCESS ITSELF !"
Asus G751JT
My Guides:

Gps3dx wrote:

off topic - why you don't upgrade to win10 ?
have you got a look on my new guide for "HOW TO (EASILY!) UPGRADE FROM WIN7 SP1/8.1 WITHOUT GOING THROUGH THE UPGRADE PROCESS ITSELF !"

thank you for all the help.
about that, i'm just paranoid, all that stuff around about how they keep limiting our privacy and the such. (but its kinda one of those things that
becomes more or less inevitable so itll happen sooner or later, most likely sooner cuz 8 was such a hiccup im sure there gonna focus a lot on 10)

ill be sure to check out your upgrade guide thanks again.